July 31, 2014

'Sex and the City 3'? Movie in the Works

by Moviefone Staff, posted Aug 20th 2011 12:05PM
Sex and the CityAttention Carrie Bradshaw fans: There is a third 'Sex and the City' movie in the works. Assuming you haven't totally jumped the ship after the last film (which didn't exactly win over critics), Sarah Jessica Parker says that there is a storyline in place for another sequel.

"I know what the story is. It's a small story, but I think it should be told. The question is, what's the right time to tell it," the actress told Parade.

A third movie and a prequel series? That's a lot of Carrie!

When Moviefone interviewed Parker's 'Sex' co-star, Kim Cattrall, back in May, she said she hadn't heard of a third film. Granted, a lot could have changed over the past few months, so we will go with Sarah's word on this for now.

[via Parade and NYPost]

w.bayse

I am thrilled there is talk of a third movie installment in the Sex & The City Movie line-up! Jessica, if there is" another story to be told" (no matter how large or small), please ask Michael Patrick to tell it. Yes, I too would like to see a return to the grittiness of the TV Series & Sex and the City 1. Sex & the City 2 was expertly crafted - as are all SATC productions - but a bit far fetched & slightly hurt the integrity of the characters. At any rate, no harm done. The SATC Prequel (without the original cast) is of no interest to me whatsoever. I find it inappropriate & offensive to the original. I would be soooo happy if a SATC 3 movie was created..... I have been wondering what my girls are up to. I just hope it is produced/ executed with the care and precision of SATC 1. Sex & The City Forever! There will always be a new story to tell!

April 14 2013 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Hairstylist

I'm so excited to hear that there is another SATC 3 in the makings! I know there is a lot of SATC fans that will be really happy to hear this. After all, if you have watched the tv series in the beginning, than you too have grown and gotten older with the foursome. So, yeah it's great to see them get older, after all.... so are we.

August 26 2011 at 12:36 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Al Cohol

SJP - if that head of your gets any longer, I could use it as a bicycle seat. If you married Jay Leno, your offspring would look like a banana.

August 20 2011 at 10:09 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jmslotnick

Would not mind another SATC if it does not focus on Samantha an over 50 year old woman (in real life as well) who is way too oversexed and it was tiresome and overplayed in SATC 2. Number 3 should be more about Charlotte, Miranda and families and Carrie and Big. If it isn't it may tank too.....

August 20 2011 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dallasdaddy1971

Let's see...
A ***** who isn't one in real life,
A prude who isn't one in real life,
A cougar who's a septeguagenarian in real life, and
A married woman who's a lesbian in real life. What's not to believe?!

August 20 2011 at 9:29 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply