November 23, 2014

Denise Richards Making 'Two and a Half Men' Cameo?

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 22nd 2011 11:45AM
Denise RichardsWhen 'Two and a Half Men' returns, new cast member Ashton Kutcher won't be the only familiar TV face, there will be a parade of guest stars.

Look for a bevvy of ex-girlfriends -- including some very famous folks -- to attend Charlie Harper's (Charlie Sheen) funeral. Among the rumored stars? None other than Sheen's real-life ex-wife Denise Richards.

"The fact she is his ex-wife and talented can't fail to work," a source told our sister site The Huffington Post. "Initially Denise said no out of respect for Charlie but everyone is hoping she changes her mind."

"She did two episodes a while back but nothing would be bigger than turning up on Ashton's debut episode."

Other famous faces set to appear in the premiere episode of the hit CBS sitcom include John Stamos, Jenny McCarthy and the stars of Chuck Lorre's other shows.

Sheen's character was last seen leaving for Paris with his girlfriend. He intended to propose, but the season was cut short and Sheen was later fired from the series.

Richards' most recent TV credit is Spike's 'Blue Mountain State.' She may be stopping by Sheen's former TV home, but she won't be participating in Comedy Central's Roast of Sheen.

'Two and a Half Men' premieres Mon., Sept. 19 at 9PM on CBS.

Jamie

Every time there is a "Two and a Half Men" story, there are countless Sheen fans, insisting they'd never watch without him. I don't understand their allegiance. He trashed everybody when he flamed out of this show, from the producers to his costars to the viewers. He also started to finally look less like an ageing playboy, and now just looks old. I don't know if they can actually salvage the show with Ashton Kutcher, but even if Sheen hadn't gone bananas, I doubt he could have carried the show past another year anyway.

August 23 2011 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K White

Damn, I thought this article would be about an upcoming guest on "Men of a Certain Age." I am not watching "Two and a Half Men" without Uncle Charlie on the show. It's funny that the writers are planning a funeral episode for his character, though.

August 22 2011 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baydolphins2003n

so basically the misleading headline is 'she said no, but we hope she will change her mind?"

August 22 2011 at 6:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ruthie

I'm thinking ... not watching the first episode. I don't think killing the main character, and the one that the show is mostly written around, is a way to introduce a new character or to begin a fresh start to a new season. There were plenty of ways to write Charlie Harper out other than sticking him in the ground. So many people are tied to the 2 1/2 Men characters and the unfortunate upheaval of the show that this senario is just not going to be believable. I don't think it is going to fly with the audience.

August 22 2011 at 5:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jmsulli

Charlie sheen is a crackhead. Let this be a lesson to you young people out there. If a guy with all his money cannot stop himself from using drugs what chance do you have if you cant afford rehab? He will be dead soon unless he wakes up. think of all the good he could have done for others instead of enriching some drug dealing scum with all his money.

August 22 2011 at 4:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
val

I totally loved "MEN" but only when the kid was little. Once he grew up a bit he sort of lost his appeal. No I don't mean that kind of appeal get your minds out of the gutter. See I have that Charlie train of thought thing going on. But seriously, HE just didn't seem to be as funny, like his timing was off or something. I still love watching reruns from when he was little. I just watched the one where he was trying to get out of doing his homework and he said maybe he was a crack baby. I laughed so hard my eyes watered. No mater what they say about CS. He made the show one way or another and it never would have lasted if it hadn't been for him. I will check out his new show and will not watch MEN anyway who the heck is Ashton K?????

August 22 2011 at 4:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

I think starting off the show with a funeral is a huge mistake! Funerals are almost always ratings killers(no pun intended!). One of the few exceptions that proves the rule was the funeral of Chuckles the Clown on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." It recieved the longest laugh of the entire sitcom - the reason being, is that the audience wasn't really invested in the character of "Chuckles" - unlike the character of "Charlie Harper." Chuck Lorre is letting his monumental ego get in the way - just like it did when he fired Charlie Sheen because his nose was out of joint! Obviously, time will tell...but I think Lorre is screwed!

August 22 2011 at 4:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mcc1cam's comment
HAHAHAHA

Hey genius. You spelled received wrong. Just thought I would point that out since you decide to ridicule others for their spelling.

August 22 2011 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to HAHAHAHA's comment
mcc1cam

As a professional writer, one typo is great! Sorry I don't have my proof-readers here. Also, check your grammar!

August 22 2011 at 5:06 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down
bobcobbjr

The only reason denise is on the show is because she's broke and desperate for any cash, no matter who she has to sell her soul too....every thing she touches turns to 14 ct sh*t in case nobody noticed....

August 22 2011 at 4:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
invmartyc

I think it is great! They really want to show Sheen that he ain't the TV God he thinks he is. What a doomass, he was making killer money, show was on top, and everybody loved him. Now what does he have? Money is gone, he no longer has a top show, and most rational people think he is a doomass! He can't even keep his goddesses! There is a word for him, it is LOOSER!

August 22 2011 at 4:11 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to invmartyc's comment
mcc1cam

Most people, rational or not, know how to spell!

August 22 2011 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobcobbjr

What's a "doomass" dumb ass?

August 22 2011 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bobcobbjr's comment
Dick

Come on now, give this guy a break...he's Canadadian ! (probably) (and that wasn't a typo)

August 22 2011 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Marty

I can not WAIT to see this episode. Ashton K is going to be wonderful; he's funny, good looking, talented. What a great replacement. Chalie's character as a massagonistic jerk will not be missed (by me); only the guys that love to see women emtionally abused by sheens old character are going to miss charlie. I doubt the writers are going to make Ashton's character as the pethetic woman-hating drunk that Charlie Harper was. Good job "taking out the trash" !

August 22 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Marty's comment
mcc1cam

As a woman, I did not think the character of "Charlie Harper" was either misogynistic or emotionally abusive. Ashton Kutcher is thirty-something going on twelve...they need to change the show to "One and Two half Men!"

August 22 2011 at 4:37 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply