October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jenna Wolfe Gets 'I Love Matt' Tattoo From Ami James on 'Today' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Aug 22nd 2011 5:15PM
Eileen Hickey-Hulme's tattoo on 'Today' Finally, the trend of the day has to do with the strange behavior of seniors instead of the kids. Jenna Wolfe reported on older women getting their first tattoos, and going back for more, Monday on 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM on NBC) and wound up getting personally involved with the story to show her dedication to her job.

Wolfe visited Ami James of 'NY Ink,' who said that 55% of his clients were women. That includes 65-year-old artist Eileen Hickey-Hulme, who got a tattoo of a hand pointing a revolver directly at the viewer. "I feel tougher," she said after it was done. "I feel like I can hold my own."

Wolfe then asked James for her own tattoo, who expressed surprise that she wanted something so big on her arm. Back in the studio, Wolfe revealed a tattoo that read "I Love Matt" on a banner wrapped around an anchor, referring to 'Today' anchor Matt Lauer. "I committed myself to the 'Today' show in a way I don't know anyone else has," she said.

The 'Today' Web site revealed the tattoo was a fake. Wolfe would rather wait until she is perhaps Hickey-Hulme's age to profess her love for her job in permanent ink.

sd0198

jenna wolfe is the single most awful personlity on daytime. i cant believe a show of today's stature would not realize ths by now. her irritating voice, and affected voice, and snotty attitude comes thru in every telemprompter word she reads. the girl in school you couldnt stand. get ride of her.

October 31 2011 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
threadman80

The only thing as dumb as a tattoo is The Today Show. But I have to say that 65 year old is one hot old lady

August 29 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beaucphs

When I see a tatoo, trash, dumb, skank, are a few labels that come to mind. Same with piercings.

August 23 2011 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
george

i lived n a neighborhood where it u didnt have one they would give u one.i dont like them on women no matter how pretty the tat.

August 23 2011 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aevf101

This is why you discount 99% of what you hear on the so called TV news shows. She's got to be a total dumb ass. In reality she can just get by reading the cue cards or tele prompter

August 23 2011 at 2:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
heydemocratssuck

When I see a tattoo on anyone, I immediately think either "low life" or "loser" or "mental case". Why would anyone ruin and deface their own body? When I see one on a woman I immediately think "skank" ... way to go Jenna "skank" Wolfe.

August 23 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to heydemocratssuck's comment
HYTECH TRAINING

For starters, thats YOUR problem and not their's. That is very sterotypical of you and not to mention ignorant. How can you pre-judge someone you don't even know?? Not knowing what you look like, would you appreciate if everyone turned around and had judgement on you because of how you looked or what you chose to wear. You should reconsider your view on life, ignorance is for someone who has no knowledge on life and obviously doesnt want to get far in life......

August 23 2011 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to HYTECH TRAINING's comment
payforpeace

Many people most likely older than yourself understand the cultural and historical associations that tattoos have in society. Body mutilation was found in primitive cultures, hot climates like rain forest in barely clad societies. I understand the desire for many people to decorated their bodies and in a hot climate your actual skin is the only option. In modern times tattoos have been worn by sailors (unusually drunk) as some sort of male bonding rite. The other part of society that got tattoos were the outsiders and misfits such as hard time criminals. In a prison where everyone is dressed the same tattoos are a way to communicate gang association and hierarchy. The last several years has seen tattoos as fashion statements adopted by the young who are probably certain their "tatts" will make them look cool and fashionable. If you have been around a bit longer you know that fashion is always changing and most of us are grateful we do not have to wear the same hairstyle or clothes that we thought were the height of style when we were young. So when someone has a negative reaction to someones ink it comes from a more informed point of view. If you need more evidence that tattoos are not cool and completely mainstream this video clip and the knowledge that Justin Bieber has at least a couple of Christian tattoos should prove my point. I personally don't care what mistakes people make I just hate being forced to see what I think is disfigured flesh without a choice.

August 23 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
azinv

When my son wanted to get a tattoo a few years ago, I printed some tattoo facts from the net. It showed that a high percentage of people view people with tattoos as ignorant. (even people with tattoos!!!) And a high percentage of people with tattoos either regret getting a tattoo in the first place or they are unhappy with the appearance of the tattoo. Since he was just starting college, why put yourself at a disadvantage for your career before you even start. He did not get the tattoo!

August 23 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to azinv's comment
Matt Miller

A high percentage being 1 in 10 that are unhappy. Interesting math you have, Trade you $10.00 for your $100.00 , That was my current search stats. Reasons for being unhappy:
Drunk when done......Well Duh... , and did not come out good/ not what expected. First never be drunk and go for a tat. The Health risk are raised, and well you just are not thinking straight. 2nd Always check out the artist work. If they will not show you or if it does not fit your style then leave, no matter how popular that person is.

August 23 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Matt Miller's comment
azinv

I don't know why you feel the need to attack my comments which are based in fact, and someone else's study. Actually I do know....you have tattoos and you can't get past the fact that most people judge you as ignorant! Well Duh... I don't remember the stats on the "unhappy or regret" but even at 10% for something that is permanent sounds high to me. And I have no idea what trading $10 for $100 means. Have a good day.

August 23 2011 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Mark Lathom

At least that's what he told you...

August 23 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mark Lathom's comment
azinv

Mark, if you are replying to azinv, you are an ass. He is a senior now and at home for summer break and I just saw him without his shirt....clean! It's funny when people have low self esteem or are unhappy with their life decisions they will try to drag others into their dreary world.

August 23 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
castcutters

I wonder what Matt Lauer's wife thinks of Jenna Wolf. Persoanlly I think she is a grotesque little troll. But I'd be willing to bet Lauers wife is none too happy.

August 23 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to castcutters's comment
danstantonhfwv

@ Castcutters... while her Lauer tat was not real, that makes her no less of a grotesque little troll. She is, without a doubt, my least favorite TV person of all time.

August 23 2011 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert Stanley

When I was younger the only people wth tattoo's were sailors, outlaw bikers and sadly holocaust survivors.

August 23 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Robert Stanley's comment
Matt Miller

Robert that may be true, depending on your age. But the world has changed. Tats are very common now.

August 23 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Lathom

Yeah well TV's had dials and black and white people weren't allowed to drink from the same drinking fountian either. Gladly some of the world has progressed.

August 23 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
asspacins

I have a tattoo yes, but I think the one with the gun is really ugly. To me it looks more like a bloody bruise.

August 23 2011 at 12:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply