November 24, 2014

Regis Philbin Is Probably the Only Person in America Who Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian's Wedding

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 22nd 2011 4:30PM
Regis PhilbinAlthough America had its own less spectacular, less important version of the Royal Wedding this weekend when reality TV royalty Kim Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in California, there are apparently some people who were unaware that such a blessed event took place.

Because octogenarian TV hosts are usually up on the latest happenings in the Kardashian world, a group of photographers decided it was important to get Regis Philbin to weigh in on Saturday's K-themed nuptials. One problem: Reege didn't even know it was happening!

According to E! Online, the 'Regis and Kelly' star asked the photogs as they snapped him leaving dinner Sunday night, "I didn't see it...did that happen today?"

Ever the gentleman, Philbin had a nice message for the newlyweds when he found out the wedding was the day before. "I wish them good luck, you know. They look like a very handsome couple!"

This isn't the first time the almost-80-year-old hasn't exactly been up on his pop culture. He couldn't really handle Twitter, and he didn't even know he was dressed as Justin Bieber for Halloween until Kelly told him later.

Lesson learned: Do not count on Regis Philbin for cutting-edge commentary on pop culture events.

Check out this E!-approved first look at Kim's wedding:

azn20typer

i didnt know either becuase i dont care.

August 23 2011 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to azn20typer's comment
Amenda Green

Mul-ti-racial relation-hip is a trend in future, no race gap all over the world!!!
~~ HΟΤβιαÇκWhΙτè. ÇσM ~~. a nice place for in-ter-racial singl'es to interact with each other. No racial is-crimi-nation here and only with true love. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends…@lov'e it

September 05 2011 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renkoad

No one told me either, whats the deal ???

August 23 2011 at 9:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnnyrock555

Who is Kim Kardashian?

August 23 2011 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
emlabruja

Considering he's on a morning show that discusses what's going on in the entertainment industry...get with it Reeeeg!...Not the first time he;s had no clue...Time for some Young blood...sorry to say but it's a good thing hes retiring.

August 23 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
svs

why is this wedding news? who cares about this crap? i'm amazed!

August 23 2011 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkale0955

Regis, Your the Man!
Nuf said. ;0)

August 23 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dc walker

I have a newfound respect for Regis.

August 23 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

I'm proud to say I didn't know about some ridiculous kardashian wedding either. What do you people do with your time?

August 23 2011 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruce Feher

I know Regis but what's a Kim?

August 23 2011 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
belair1231

I knew she had married somebody, but I really don't know whow she is or what she is famous for. Shes kind of hot I guess, but I have never watched whatever shows shes on, don't know anything about it, or her. Her and her ilk just are
nt all that around here.

August 23 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply