October 24, 2014

Katie Couric's Talk Show Gets a Name, Cheesy Poster

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 23rd 2011 11:10AM
Katie CouricJust call her 'Katie.' Katie Couric's new ABC daytime talk show is going the simple route for a title.

Premiering in fall 2012, the new talk show is part of a deal Couric signed with ABC after leaving her post at CBS. In addition to the talk show -- which may or may not boot 'General Hospital' from ABC's daytime schedule -- Couric will also be reporting for ABC News.

"I'm very happy to be returning to the network where I began my career as a desk assistant in 1979," Couric said in a statement when she joined the network. "It is tremendously exciting to have the creative freedom to develop my own show with Anne Sweeney, the Disney/ABC TV Group and Jeff, and to contribute to such a vibrant, innovative news division. I can't wait to be part of this incredibly talented, visionary team."

In a new poster, which features many different (too many?) artistic effects, Couric is in the classic talk show host pose, arms crossed, smile plastered across her face.

According to TVNewser, social media and audience interaction will be big on 'Katie.' ABC is building www.TalkToKatie.com, which may serve as a central location for Couric and viewers to interact.

Tell us: Do you like the 'Katie' poster?

barbara.shumaker

Katie Couric sucks. What is ABC trying to do. If they take of GH and put her on I will definetly not be watching it. Chew is a good show but I can't stand the New Revolution. ABC needs to wake up, we have to many talk shows. Please STOP putting this crap on

February 10 2012 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BerkeleyGirl35

PLZ IF YOU PUT ANOTHER DANG TALK SHOW ON ABC PLZ LET IT HAVE THE 4PM TIME SLOT... I WILL BE DONE WITH ABC IF THIS DUMB TALK SHOW TAKES THE PLACE OF GENERAL HOSPITAL...ANC HAS ALREADY TOOK AMC OLTL WITH STUPID SHOWS AND NOW KATIE MIGHT BE TAKING GENERAL HOSPITAL COME ABC WHY

January 16 2012 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie George

Please, please not another talk show, cooking show, how to improve our lifestyles by people who do not have a clue. I believe ABC is trying to destroy Daytime TV - I am already boycotting The Chew, The Revolution and now Katie Couric! It's a shame ABC doesn't have the capability to keep 40 year old Soaps on the air - due to laziness and an extreme amount of lack of IMAGINATION! If you look at the crap that is coming on the air (repetitive - boring - pompous people trying to supposedly try to improve our lifestyles - instead of telling stories, that are interesting and entertaining. Wish ABC could get though their thick heads - IF AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT! And trust me all of these new repetitive boring talk, cooking, telling us how we should look and think shows - instead of trying to entertain, with the shows we have all supported for so many years - which used to be what programming on Daytime was about the last forty years - I promise you the new shows won't last more than a year or two - a far cry from AMC and now OLTL (which has lasted 40+ years). On top of all the new, pompous, unentertaining, trying to make us believe their ideas and opinions (from people I have no respect for) are the way we should all strive to live our lives is a joke!
I realize their decisions are based (at least that is what they say) on finances - the Advertising Dollars - well the advertisers that have bought into this being "the better way" - I intend to make it a mission to boycott the new ABC daytime shows and the advertisers who have been idioticaly convinced that this will be a better way to generate income! I don't have a crystal ball - but I truly believe this is a very slippery slope, and the Head of Daytime Programming will feel his plans and decisions WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT HIM! Just think of all of the 100's of people that work on the shows, and the actors that put their hearts and souls into their shows - just don't matter to the ABC Network! Very sad state of affairs!
Definately feels like Friday the 13th!!

January 13 2012 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cbracefan11

ABSOLUTELY LEAVE GENERAL HOSPITAL ON!!! Katie Couric is in NO way half the talent or entertainment and we don't need more news!! Losing AMC and OLTL was way bad enough but GH is the most talented cast and why should they all lose their "jobs" for Katie? NO NO NO!!

January 12 2012 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rhiannnonn

If ABC wants to put a new daytime talk show, let it replace "Live with Kelly Ripa" or "Rachel Ray"! Or even better put it in Oprah's old spot but leave "General Hospital" ON THE AIR! ABC had taken too much away from use by ending "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

Why would anyone want to watch Katie Couric? She's so whine-y sounding and looking that it always feels like she's looking for a pity party to feel sorry for her.

January 12 2012 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
busymissnanci

Yes, I like it. It is pretty, and so is Katie. She is a very tenacious interviewer, so the show should be interesting. I will tivo and see.

December 08 2011 at 10:30 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
: Ðan

BLAH on this crap
I want my ABC soaps over her

August 23 2011 at 3:51 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
bannerwing

Not a fan of Katie Couric. Her snarky. whiny, pompous reporting is insufferable. Poster looks like a lady wrestler's gentler side promotion. Also the poster style is way too Oprah and 1990's. Yuk!

August 23 2011 at 2:57 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply