October 30, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: 'America's Got Talent' Books Nicki Minaj, Susan Boyle, Queen Latifah, Jackie Evancho & More to Perform

by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 25th 2011 8:30AM
Jackie EvanchoWe've got some time before the last five finalists of 'America's Got Talent' are announced, but AOL TV can exclusively reveal the musical performers that will be stopping by for the rest of the season.

Tony Bennett with Queen Latifah, Susan Boyle, Il Divo, David Guetta with Nicki Minaj and Flo Rida, Def Leppard, and Cirque du Soleil 'Iris' are set to perform on the popular talent competition series.

Also appearing will be last season's winner, Michael Grimm, and first runner-up, Jackie Evancho.

'AGT' executive producer Jason Raff gave us scoop on what he hopes these acts will bring to the show -- both on and off screen.

It's a two-fold purpose, Raff said. The musicians bring entertainment to the audience and serve as inspiration for 'AGT' contestants.

"A lot of times these acts spend time with the contestants off-camera, Raff said. "We don't publicize that. But a lot of our acts look up to these people. We want the results show to be more than the results. We want it to feel like the variety shows that America used to watch."

Boyle was supposed to do the show last season, but her appearance never materialized. Why not? "I'm not sure what happened," Raff responded. "It could have been a visa issue. I can't remember what it was."

It certainly can't be judge Piers Morgan who scared her off -- Boyle already survived performing for her him on 'AGT's' sister show 'Britain's Got Talent.'

"He takes full credit for her," Raff said. "We love our home-grown stars. It's the talent franchise. It's great for us to have her on the show. Her life has changed so immensely. I think she is still coping with the success she has."

Raff says that the singers that have been lined up are pretty much his dream list.

"I'm excited about all of them," he said. "We have an exclusive with Cirque du Soleil's new show."

Here's the schedule for the 'AGT' musical acts:

Aug. 31: David Guetta with Nicki Minaj and Flo Rida perform 'Where Them Girls At'; Susan Boyle sings 'You Have to Be There'

Sept. 6: Michael Grimm performs 'Stay With Me Baby'

Sept. 7: Il Divo sings 'Wicked Games'; Def Leppard performs 'Rock of Ages - Pour Some Sugar on Me'

Sept. 14: Jackie Evancho sings 'Nessum Dorma'; Tony Bennett and Queen Latifah perform 'Who Can I Turn To'; also, an exclusive performance by Cirque du Soleil 'Iris.'

Tell us: Who are you excited to see?

luthiercyr

Jackie Evancho is the greatest singer I have ever heard in my lifetime. And believe me I have heard hundreds – in person on stage. I base this on her ability to perform difficult, beautiful, real music with a perfection achieved by only very few professional adult singers, who have spent a lifetime to achieve such ability. I could go on about her perfect pitch, perfect progression, and transfer from register to register, crescendos, and lyrical ability in different languages and deep profound expression. -- And on and on. But, it’s enough to say she is a true prodigy of our time and is already a worldwide talent that will endure for decades and decades to come. The is no doubt, in my mind, that Jackie Evancho will always be remembered, in history, as THE most significant vocal artist ever to have ever graced the “America’s Got Talent” stage!!!

September 07 2011 at 12:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luthiercyr

September 07 2011 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luthiercyr

I am absolutely ecstatic to see and hear Jackie Evancho again!! Jackie Evancho is the greatest singer I have ever heard in my lifetime. And believe me I have heard hundreds – in person on stage. I base this on her ability to perform difficult, beautiful, real music with a perfection achieved by only very few professional adult singers, who have spent a lifetime to achieve such ability. I could go on about her perfect pitch, perfect progression, and transfer from register to register, crescendos, and lyrical ability in different languages and deep profound expression. -- And on and on. But, it’s enough to say she is a true prodigy of our time and is already a worldwide talent that will endure for decades and decades to come. The is no doubt, in my mind, that Jackie Evancho will always be remembered, in history, as THE most significant vocal artist ever to have ever graced the “America’s Got Talent” stage.

September 07 2011 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tomkath25

I am thrilled to once again see Jackie Evacho who, though she placed 2nd in last year's America's Got Talent, truly was the winner and will be a star as she matures into adulthood...what a fabulous voice and stage presence...I just hope success does NOT spoil her as she grows up and enters the difficult teen years!

September 01 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donaldkim

Jackie sang for BGT finale show and the finalists in England were glad that Jackie did not compete against them. It will be the same response from AGT. The finalists will be glad that Jackie competed last year. I am a proud American because America's got "the best in the world" talent in Jackie Evancho.

August 27 2011 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sgohorses

no contest... Susan Boyle, hands down.

August 27 2011 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DB

Who are we excited to see? Jackie of course! Got her on the right night, the finale. Piers Morgan being such a jerk and buzzing the cute little Avery and the Calico Hearts, for no understandable reason, made me so angry that I am finished watching AGT. His not recommending them to go on is one thing. I usually agree with his response to performers, but his buzzing them in the middle of their performance, in which they were doing quite well BTW, is one of the most rude and unforgiveable things I have ever witnessed. But, I will watch one more show, just because of Jackie. And, for those idiots that said they didn't vote for her on AGT because no one would pay to see her in a Vegas show, or because she couldn't do a complete show by herself, take a look at her PBS Great Performances concert. Or listen to one of her platinum and soon to be platinum CDs. And note that I will be paying $80 for a ticket to see her in Dallas next week, and will be getting MUCH more than my money's worth. If she wasn't so gracious, Jackie would have the last laugh on you. Glad to see her back on AGT again, and they are lucky to have her. Knock em dead Jackie!

August 26 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill Splivens

Jackie Evancho- she owns the AGT stage and always will! Such a beautiful young lady with total class and never a slip or bad performance- Piccola Leonessa Corragiossa!!!

August 26 2011 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tatasun

I can't wait to hear Susan Boyle's new song. My Hero.

August 25 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply