April 20, 2014

Leah Remini Officially Not Returning to 'The Talk'

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 26th 2011 3:05PM
Leah ReminiLeah Remini is officially leaving 'The Talk.'

After weeks of rumors surrounding the fact that the actress' contract for the show -- along with co-star Holly Robinson Peete's -- had not been renewed, Remini confirmed the news Thursday on her Twitter account. "It is official: I am sorry to say that I have NOT been asked back on the show. Sorry to my fans. U worked so hard! I adore u guys," she tweeted. "No reason was given," she replied later.

As for Peete, the actress confirmed on Twitter that she has still not officially heard whether she is staying on the show or not. Peete responded to Remini's news Thursday night, saying "Devastated by the news that @LeahRemini was not asked back to @TheTalk_CBS. She brought humor, heart and authenticity."

Meanwhile, CBS is reportedly set to announce that Kardashian mom Kris Jenner will take on a recurring co-host role on the daytime talk show dedicated to mothers and parenting issues, while Sheryl Underwood will join the panel full-time.

Sharon Osbourne, who confirmed that she's taking on a reduced role on the show this season, told AOL TV last week about the rumors of Remini and Peete leaving, "I'm saddened to think that it could be [true], but it's not confirmed. I don't know. I'm just a little fish in the big, big pond. I'm not the producer. I don't make the decisions."

Tell us: Will you miss Leah Remini on 'The Talk'?

Shelley

Leah was amazing on the Talk..She wasa funny and earthy. I would love to meet her as she seems to be a real person, not just a celebrity. It is their loss Leah. I still love you and watch all your King of Queens re-runs. I hope to see you on another show that is worthy of your excellence!!!!!

May 25 2012 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynda Williamson-Low

I've really missed Leah. Have noticed it has not been as entertaining as before. Had hoped she was on vacation. What a mistake on the part of the producer.

March 20 2012 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon Eastes Ward

I won't watch this show any longer. Leah was my all time favorite on the show. I love her, "what you see is what you get" attitude!

February 24 2012 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tabathia

I no longer watch the talk. I think they had a hit and now it will in time be cancelled. As far as Kardashian, come on really?! What were you people thinking. How many parents want to know how to raise their kids to be uneducated, party kids that sleep with everyone and flaunt their business in public while so drunk and high they can't even stand up at times. That's really something to be proud of. I think I would rather live in a shack and beg for food than exploit my childern like that. Thats whats wrong with our society now days.

January 27 2012 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DougD

Who makes these decisions, the chicken who plays tic-tac-toe in Vegas? Does CBS have a clue? You had a hit and now you're gonna lose it. Kardashian? Really? Sara& Julie are the only ones left that are good so they'll be gone soon. By TALK. I got better things to do before work.

January 19 2012 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DougD

Leah and Holly were both the best on the program. Not to take away from the others but they always kept the show alive and real. What the heck is CBS thinking, oh, CBS, thinking, doesn't happen. Don't listen to the fans, what do we know. Now the show sucks. The energy is gone. The Kardashian addition is fake and meaningless.

January 19 2012 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I miss Leah and Holly very much, they kept the show real, interesting, funny and warm, I feel they made a big mistake by letting them go and should of at least said something to the viewers at home. This show is now boring and dull and lifeless! I will be looking forward to seeing these to remarkable actresses on some other show maybe a talk show of their very own. I will not be watching the Talk anymore.

December 30 2011 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
derbygirl47

I feel a huge mistake has been made by the Talk. Letting Leah and Holly go is terrible. Not only to them but to fans. I don't like talk shows but started watching this one and didn't realize how much I really liked these to women and and what they brought to this show until they were gone. Without them the show sucks. Don't get me wrong....I love Sharon and Sara. Chen seems to think she is the ring leader/barbara walters wanna be!!! (WRONG). Again, I don't like talk shows and didn't like the View but I did like the TALK. I will not be watching the TALK anymore. I just hope this doesn't ruin things for Sara and Sharon, they are awesome just as Holly and Leah are..... I think the wrong person is still on that show.........chen. I think Chen is pretty and seems sweet, but brings nothing to the show. I now wonder if she is as sweet as she seems on the show. Could this be her handy work? I feel if they had given the real reason for letting Holly and Leah go, it might have been easier for the fans to handle. Now we have to speculate and it makes you wonder about the others still on the show. Just not very respectable of the fans and was not at all respectable to Leah and Holly who helped make this show a success. I wish the best to Holly and Leah and I hope something big comes their way.. God always opens another door! I wish the girls on the Talk the best but I will not be watching anymore!!! Leah and Holly, YOU ROCK!!!!

December 26 2011 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
derbygirl47

I will not be watching the TALk anymore. Leah and Holly kept it real. I related to these two more than any other on the show. I love Sarah and Sharon however I feel Chen seems to be ring leader or acts as if she is. Leah and Holly tell you things you need to hear. They tell it like it is. I think a huge mistake has been made. I hope it doesn't change things for Sarah or Sharon but who cares about Chen...she seems to think she is Barbara Walters or something.

December 26 2011 at 2:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suesechrist1

I personnnally think they should have kept leann and got rid of julie, shes to serious. Leann brought fun and excitment to the show. Between Sharon, Leann, and Melissa now THATS A SHOW!!!!!!!!!! Julie is the one that should have went, I dont care who her husband is BIG DEAL!!!!!! Bring Leann back!!!!!!

December 12 2011 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply