November 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Stress Rises as Kate and the Kids Go Camping on 'Kate Plus 8' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 30th 2011 2:38AM
'Kate Plus 8'While camping can be a lot of fun, it's also a lot of work. We can't even imagine trying to do it with eight young kids, no matter how many helpers you have. But that's what Kate Gosselin is doing on 'Kate Plus 8' (Mon., 9PM ET on TLC).

When the boys start arguing over who sat where and when and then crying when one of them knocks the other over, Kate tries to stay out of it. Letting them resolve their own problems isn't a bad idea from time to time but you can only ignore loud screaming for so long before it drives you crazy.

All in all, though, it was a successful start to another outdoor adventure for the Gosselins, something we know Kate is no fan of based on her disastrous camping adventure on 'Sarah Palin's Alaska,' but it was good of her to let the kids experience the fun ... even if it may be the only time she does it (we doubt it).

Laura

I don't know why ,but to me that burned chicken looked good.

September 05 2011 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suzy

It was music to my ears when I heard that Kate Plus 8 was cancelled!! I no longer have to see this woman on my television set, ever again!! Well, maybe in repeats, but I don't watch the show.. It's just scary when I'm flicking the channels, and her face happens to pop up on TLC, or whatever wimpy network decided to work those kids and make a diva out of dim-wit!

August 31 2011 at 5:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
iris11asleep

I agree with letting kids work out issues, but if my kid is crying, I am getting involved. Though I don't imagine mine going over well either, something like this:
Why are you crying?
He pushed me over and I hit my head.
You know that you don't push people!
I'm sorry.
No you are not, you are only sorry because you got caught.
I'll probably be an awful mother, but seeing this, I think most anyone would do better than Kate. They are putting on make up and I'm over a fire. Well you are cooking your, what are they, 9 yr olds, dinner. You are the mom. And seeing as it seems like you spend most of your time putting on makeup, I think you can miss out just this once. Also, I hope that the "someone going into the fire" comment was a warning to them not to rough house and not a threat.

August 31 2011 at 5:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
konadawgg

If you put lip stick on a pig, it is still a pig. Even a pig that shouts.

August 31 2011 at 5:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laedbac1

Cant stand that show. She was openly abusive to her husband and it destroyed their marriage. He needs full custody of his children as so many other fathers do. She is abusive.

August 31 2011 at 5:10 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
lswblk

Can't wait for the day when Kate plus 8 is off the air! She's a pathetic, boring woman who shouldn't even be a parent to kids. And her constant whining/complaining drives everyone NUTS...even her poor little disfunctional kids. She's about as good with her children, and all other people as her cooking chicken over a campfire....unattentive, burnt and tasteless!

August 31 2011 at 4:06 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
gted1954

Can't stand the stinking campfire, get back in your kitchen and prepare your meals there. I just can't stomach this woman.

August 31 2011 at 2:06 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
williemdensc3

Kate,please get your kids off TV or they may meet the same tragic fate as many of the child stars.Plus I would not be surprised you may get one of the other cable channels to pick up your show.Kate,how much longer will you keep your kids in front of the TV cameras?Until they are elderly?Kate,you are being compared to Kris Jenner who is profiting off her publicity hounds Kardashians daughters.The money TLC is spending on you could be put to better use like dumping all of the reality TV shows off the air and put better shows on.What's this about the trips are paid in full by TLC and you and your kids fly first class?And stay at nice expensive hotels,shopping money and more.How much of the money is really going to the kids?Or in your personal bank account.Why won't TLC give most of the money being spent on the show to sponsor Special Olympics or Make a Wish.Kate,your 15 minutes of fame is over.

August 30 2011 at 11:56 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
amy

What?? Kate shouting?? Say it isn't so.

August 30 2011 at 11:20 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply