October 24, 2014

EXCLUSIVE 'Law & Order: SVU' Season 13 Behind the Scenes Gallery

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 1st 2011 9:00AM
Law & Order: SVU Big changes are ahead on 'Law & Order: SVU.' When Season 13 kicks off, Christopher Meloni's Detective Elliot Stabler will no longer be part of the show and neither will B.D. Wong. Danny Pino and Kelli Giddish will join the cast.

Have no fear, Mariska Hargitay is sticking around as Detective Olivia Benson and Richard Belzer, Dann Florek and Ice-T will also be back this year. Additionally, Stephanie March and Diane Neal will be reprising their ADA roles in the new season.

In the season premiere, 'SVU' puts a twist on the Dominique Strauss-Kahn rape case that's currently grabbing headlines. The Season 13 premiere will focus on a prominent Italian man, played by Franco Nero, who is investigated after his illegitimate son is claimed to be the result of rape.

Check out an exclusive behind the scenes gallery from the new season below!

blj1942

WHO IS THIS CHARACTER THAT DOEN'T LIKE ICE-T? I THINK HE IS A NATURAL ON THAT SHOW. HE DOESN'T COME ACROSS AS A PHONY ACTOR, HE JUST SEEMS TO MAKE IT SEEM SO REAL.. MARISKA HARGITAY HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES BUT SHE IS GETTING A LITTLE TO HARD NOSE. MUNCH IS A PERFECT CHARACTER FOR SVU, IS THEIR BOSS GOING TO BE COMING BACK? DOES ANYONE KNOW? I THINK HIS NAME ON THE SHOW WAS CRAGEN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..I FOUND HIS CHARACTER LIKEABLE AT TIMES AND THEN AT TIMES I DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY HE TALKED TO OR DIDN'T STICK UP FOR HIS CREW. THE PRODUCERS, SOMETIMES WENT OVERBOARD ON HIS NASTINESS. OH WELL, GLAD THE SHOW DOESN'T TOTALLY DEPEND ON HIM. BY THE WAY, I READ WHERE CHRIS MELONI IS GOING TO BE DOING A SUPER MAN MOVIE. HOPE THAT WASN'T TRUE. I DON'T FEEL THAT DANNY PINO IS GOING TO WORK OUT, AND THIS OTHER FEMALE I AM NOT SURE ABOUT. LETS FACE IT, SVU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME NO MATTER WHO THEY PUT ON, I PERSONALLY FEEL THE SHOW WON'T LAST LONG. THERE JUST ISN'T ANYMORE GOOD SHOWS LEFT, THEY HAVE TAKEN THEM OFF FOR STUPID REALITY SHOWS, SPORTS, STUPID SITCOMS. THANK GOD FOR DVD'S.

October 05 2011 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rileyc568

It sucks christopher Meloni is no longer gonna be on SVU He is the reason i watch the show.its not gonna be the same they are gonna have a major ratings drop.I probably will no longer watch it.

October 02 2011 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blj1942

WELL, I JUST READ THE NEW LINE UP FOR UP AND COMING SHOWS, THE ONLY ONE ON THERE THAT IS WORTH WATCHING IS BLUE BLOODS. TOO BAD IT ISN'T ON TNT OR USA , THEN I WOULD WATCH IT AGAIN. JUST LOVE TOM SELLECK, GREAT ACTOR. I WOULDN'T WASTE MY TIME WATCHING LOCAL TV PROGRAMMING, SEEMS LIKE ALL THEY SHOW ARE STUPID NONSENSICAL COMEDIES AND REALITY SHOWS. THANK GOODNESS FOR OTHER NETWORKS LIKE TNT AND USA.. I WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH THE RERUNS OF SVU AND AT LEAST BE HAPPY FOR THAT. CHRIS MELONI WILL BE MISSED. B.D WONG ALSO. HEY, MAYBE WITH ANY LUCK, THEY WON'T KILL STABLER OFF, AND HE WILL RETURN, ONE CAN ALWAYS HOPE.

September 25 2011 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah Oliver

Awwww :( Chris Meloni was the best and I liked Dr. Wong too... I still love watching the reruns. I still will be a fan of SVU!!!!

September 21 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BridgetteJ

The Law and Order franchise has made a lot of money and Chris Meloni was around every season. He was making a lot less money than Charlie Sheen ever did and he didn't come to work high as a kite. He deserved it. He will be fine. His age won't hinder future work like it would with his partner on the show. Women get put out to pasture younger so it's good for her to stay on especially when she likely has more pull now that he's gone. I saw he'll be just fine.

September 06 2011 at 3:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blj1942

ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ, CHRIS MELONI TURNED DOWN 348,000, I GUESS IT WASN'T ENOUGH MONEY FOR HIM. I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY EPISODES THAT COVERED BUT IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE GREED TO ME. I FEEL BAD AS I AM A BIG FAN OF CHRIS MELONI AND I WILL MISS HIM ON SVU. WELL, THATS IT FOR NOW. JUST PLAIN DISGUSTED WITH ALL OF OUR TV VIEWING THEY STICK US WITH.

September 04 2011 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirlee

CHRISTOPHER'S leaving is really going to damage SVU, he's 1 of the main reason's we watch the show. Some pairs just can't be broken & keep the same theme gong strong, there'a alot of really good actors on this show but once you start foolong around with charters you can spoil the whole show - just look at LA LAW -it took alot of changes. The main differnce was they never had as strong charter cast as SUV so when they lost 1 here and there it didn't hurt the show as much.

September 02 2011 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blj1942

SITTING HERE WATCHING RERUNS OF SVU AND IT REALLY IS TOO BAD THAT THEY ARE LOSING TWO OF THEIR BEST CHARACTERS. I REALLY WILL HAVE TO THINK TWICE BEFORE GETTING INVOLVED WITH WHAT TURNS OUT TO BE GREAT SHOWS, BECAUSE AS SOON AS YOU DO, BOOM, THEY EITHER CANCEL THEM OR TAKE OUT THE BEST CHARACTERS, GUESS YOU CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING. OH, I WILL MISS THE CLOSER , BUT NOT KYRA SEDGEWICK. HER VOICE DROVE ME NUTS, HER WHINNING WAS TOTAL LUNACY AND AS FOR IT TRYING TO BE REALISTIC, I HATE TO THINK THAT WE HAVE POLICE CHIEF'S OUT THERE WEARING HIGH HEELS, GIVE ME A BREAK. I LOVED ALL OF HER CAST AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THAT SHOW COULD MAKE IT WITHOUT HER AND PROBABLY DO BETTER. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE CAST EXCEPT FOR KYRA, MAYBE SHE COULD TAKE SOME VOICE LESSONS. THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ANOTHER GIVE ME A BREAK, SICKENING..

September 02 2011 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hello Ann!

Great ensemble cast, wonderful characters and great scripting -- this is what entertainment should be. Not that realit crap which passes for entertainment.

Christopher Meloni left the show on his own -- it was his decision. He was ready to do something else. He was fabulous on OZ! Can't blame him for wanting to spread his wings.

Looking forward to the NEW SVU -- and good luck to BD Wong and Chris Meloni!!

September 02 2011 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Jones

I love this show the way it is. Meloni was just perfect and so was Dr Wong. I am so sorry the Law and Order is getting smaller and smaller every year. Well we still have re-runs. Rock on Law and Order

September 02 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply