December 18, 2014

Molly Shannon Joins 'The Talk' As Guest Host

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 2nd 2011 4:00PM
Molly ShannonThe revolving door at 'The Talk' continues, and this time Molly Shannon has found a seat at the host table.

According to Deadline, the 'Saturday Night Live' veteran will guest host the daytime talk show all throughout September.

Shannon will make her first appearance on Tue., Sept. 6 alongside Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood.

Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete will not return, while original co-host Marissa Jaret Winokur departed during the show's first season.

In addition to Shannon, Kris Jenner will also act as a guest host, filling in for Osbourne from time to time.

Shannon has also booked a recurring role on ABC's 'The Middle.' She'll play Janet, sister to Patricia Heaton's main character, Frankie.

Tell us: Are you excited to see Molly Shannon on 'The Talk'?

Eloquent Angel

I want Leah and Holly back!!!!!

September 30 2011 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat Hopes

Molly talks too much and hogs the show. I quit watching once I realized that Holly and Leah were not coming back. What a HUGE mistake. I hope this decision cancels the stupid show!

September 20 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana Pena

I can't believe that Holly and Leah are gone! I'm a loyally The View supporter and got tired of their bickering and last year had so much fun watching the Talk,,, now whh.... bummed out ,,, not happy with show! gotta find something else again

September 17 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

I'm glad to hear so many people will not be watching The Talk any longer!!! That Julie Chen is ANNOYING! I hope they have to cancel the show and I would love to see Leah, Sharon and Holly on their own show.

September 16 2011 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lkellyss

The new combo of hostesses is not good. They don't play off each other well. I loved Leah and Holly and won't be watching this show any more. I had had it set up on my DVR to tape each day in case I couldn't watch it at the time it aired. Now I could care less. I will be deleteing my setting to record each day. I will find plenty of other things to take a doomed talk shows place.

September 16 2011 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RLJ916

I love the show, the variety of the topics and guests, spontaneous comedic reactions from the hosts and it is in a good time slot, BUT I would like to see more ethnic diversity represented among the women; preferably one Asian, Black, White, Hispanic along with various generations represented, IF that is possible...AND leave them on for at least one season.

September 15 2011 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Skeeter

Yeah, I watched a little bit online and I was bored from the get go! But even if asked, Leah and Holly should not come back. They deserve better treatment than they received. I hope it flops big time. Of course, Mr. Les Chen will keep it on as long as he can.
I hope somebody offers Leah and Holly their own show together. I think they would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah is so boring! Julie is so boring! And what's up with Sharon? She said she doesn't usually go around vomiting in public. I beg to differ. Last year she said she did the same thing at a restaurant when her son took her out to eat.
Moral of the story is, "If you see Sharon Osborne having dinner in a restaurant, don't go in. She might throw up on you."

September 06 2011 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!! 3/4 into first show of the new season of the Talk. I don't like it. I want LEAH back. She added humor, realism, she told it like it was. She also wore beautiful clothes. PLEASE BRING HER BACK.

September 06 2011 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirleyliz

lmao, i, obviously, like other, read the opener on aol about my fav two on talk leaving....first reacting to the fact that STAR JONES WAS JOINING THE TALK...HAAAAA HAAAAA...I AM SOOO PHOBIC ABOUT THAT WOMAN AND HERRRRR MOUTH, IT ACTUALLY READ..STAR HOST....OH MY GOD..READ DOWN FURTHER..I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE..WHEW..THAT WAS THE BEST NEWS..SHE WASNT EVEN CONSIDERED!!!

September 03 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
onobeaches

star jones isn't going to be a host--please read the articles--it says "star"--meaning "a celebrity"--

September 03 2011 at 8:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply