April 23, 2014

'The View' Plans Salute to 'All My Children'

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 2nd 2011 11:40AM
Susan Lucci'All My Children' leaves ABC on Sept. 23, but it's not going out without some fanfare. According TV Guide, 'The View' is planning a special salute to 'All My Children' to air the same day as the historic soap's ABC finale.

'All My Children'
star Susan Lucci will co-host the show along with Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd. Special guests include 'AMC' creator Agnes Nixon, Cameron Mathison, Rebecca Budig and Vincent Irizarry.

However, that's not all, look for surprise appearances by several other 'All My Children' stars -- past and present.

The episode will also include never-before-seen footage, interviews with the cast members who returned to pay tribute to the show and a sneak peek at the finale.

Want in on this special episode? TV Guide says the entire 'View' audience will be filled with devoted 'All My Children' fans.

You can mail your request to:

Tickets - The View Salutes AMC
320 West 66 Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023

Tell us: Will you watch the 'All My Children' episode of 'The View'?

MORE:

Marilyn

This show and the final All My Children will be the last two shows I ever watch on ABC. I am tired of ABC taking away good tv and replacing it with garbage.

September 22 2011 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nfaberc

Absolutely! I would watch the soaps on cable or satellite!

September 15 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tara Epolite Owens

I have been watching All My Children ever since I was a little girl. It breaks my heart to know that the only thing I watch on TV is being taken off ABC. I will no longer be watching ABC for that reason.

September 15 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fran

I grew up watching soaps with my mother and sisters. I'm 52 yrs old. Both my sisters and mother are now gone. When abc canceled All MY Children & next One Life to Live, they placed a big void in my life. Watching the soaps was a way for me to forget about my life for a couple of hours. I do work however I record my soaps now. With that said I will no longer watch abc day or night. Other friends of mine will do the same not watch abc. So sorry Susan...!

September 05 2011 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goodnitegraci1

We have enough food shows on cable, Leave the soaps be.

September 04 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eva

Yes, I will definitely watch "The View" the day that the cast from AMC is being honored.

September 04 2011 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patty

me and my mom watched soaps together all the time. i can not for the life of me understand why the heck they took these to soaps that i have watched since i was a kid. will somone please tell me why the heck we need to new shows about food , fashion. on regular tv isent that whywe have the dang food network and the style network. i will not watch these shows at all.

September 02 2011 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
butterfly603

I am never watching ABC again!!!! I cant beleive they are taking the best soaps off the air! The nerve!

September 02 2011 at 8:44 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
atw17857

i have all my all children since i was 14 with my mom i still watch but after the 23rd good bye abc

September 02 2011 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brokermeranto

I will not be watching anything on ABC again after the 23rd. I want ABC to know that they have made the worst mistake of there TV careers by removing these two soaps AMC & OLTL, and putting on these two terrible shows as replacements. What a dissapointment to know these new shows are going to fail miserably, and these legendary soaps are going to be gone forever, and it will be too late ABC, shame on you!!

September 02 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply