September 23, 2014

Holly Robinson Peete Officially Out at 'The Talk,' 'The Good Wife' Gets Digital Magazine & More Weekend TV News

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 3rd 2011 3:00PM
Leah Remini, Holly Robinson PeeteAfter weeks of speculation, Holly Robinson Peete announced that she has officially been released from her contract at 'The Talk.'

"After weeks in limbo, I was finally 'officially' given word from CBS today that I have not been picked up for the 2nd season of 'The Talk," she wrote on her website. "I realize there have been several reports and 'leaks' for sometime to this effect but until today I was not contractually released which prevented me from moving on and finding other work. While I am relieved to have this closure, it doesn't diminish my disappointment one bit about not continuing with a show I worked very hard to launch and love dearly."

Peete thanked her fans and CBS for the ability to raise awareness about raising autism and special needs children.

Costar Leah Remini was released from her contract a week ago. Meanwhile, Molly Shannon and Kris Jenner have both signed on to guest host this season.

In other weekend TV news ...

Is The CW heading in a more serious direction? The network just bought a cop drama from the creators of 'Homicide' about three New York detectives. [THR]

At least one 'All My Children' vet has found new work. Chrishell Stause will guest star in an upcoming episode of the second season of ABC's 'Body of Proof.' [TVLine]

Obsessed with 'The Good Wife' and can't wait until the season premiere? CBS is totally enabling your problem by releasing a special digital magazine dedicated to the Julianna Margulies-starring drama before its move to Sunday nights. [TV Guide]

Bravo has ordered a second season of its reality hit 'Pregnant in Heels.' The show will go into production this fall and will likely air next year. [THR]

danaragtop

the show was great the way it was...now i no longer watch it...u cant get us to start to like sompin then change it on us...it dont work like that.....!! its a shame it was a very good show...made me lol every show....!!

September 29 2011 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathleenmos

The Talk is not the same without Holly & Leah. I have watched it for two weeks now without them. I will NOT be watching it. I don't know why TV stations ruin a good thing. The two new people are terrible

September 27 2011 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erin

well I have checked it out a few times since Leah and Holly left and truly I will not be back watching. It has lost it's thunder of fun!

September 26 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rose & Mike

Really Molly Shannon and Kris Jenner?????????????
I watched everyday when Holly and Leah were there, I tried to watch it without them and it is NOT the same funny show, really Julie and Sarah are not humorous, maybe thats what you were going for a dull show!!!!!!!!!! with some of the dullest women in the business, maybe when Sharon gets back there will be a laugh or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 23 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sktmason

where are holly and leah? the show is not the same

September 21 2011 at 7:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
DOROTHYHABERSHAM

Holly and Leah, you will be missed, I was wondering what had happen to the two of you. The show is not the same I will not be watching it. May it soon come to and END. God bless you and keep the Faith. You will get something better and keep up the good works that you do.

September 21 2011 at 2:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Holly and Leah , you will be missed. But really be glad, the show will not make it long. not that good.

September 20 2011 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lynn's comment
libranana

You are right I have 2 homes in San Francisco and Las Vegas and everyone has stopped watching the talk!

September 23 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

That is so weird, I haven't been watching the show since it started back up. now I glad. I liked the way it was. to much change. I'll stick to my "the View". always the same and there for the people who watch the show . I will no longer feel bad not tuning in to watch it ever again

September 20 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cturnerpt

I will no longer watch the show or DVR it now that both Leah and Holly are gone. With one of them gone I was willing to give it a try but now that they both are out so am I. I guess it is back to the view.

September 20 2011 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen Figueroa

My husband and I LOVED watching the show mostly because of Leah and Holly and now definitely not that interested in seeing the show. The chemistry between the five was spot on. Loved Leah's humor and personality which always had my husband and I cracking up and enjoyed Holly's stories and humor also. Definitely made a BIG mistake not renewing their contracts!!! Time will tell if the show will survive.
There are no replacement or fill ins that can take Leah and Holly's places in my eyes! Another viewer lost:(

September 20 2011 at 2:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Karen Figueroa's comment
libranana

Leah and Holly made the show....it won't last long without them!

September 23 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply