November 26, 2014

It's Official: Ben Flajnik is the Next 'Bachelor'

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 6th 2011 2:25PM
Ben FlajnikThe long-rumored news is finally official: Ben Flajnik is the next 'Bachelor.'

The 'Bachelorette' runner-up will appear as the new 'Bachelor' during the season finale of ABC's 'Bachelor Pad' on Mon., Sept. 12.

'The Bachelor' returns to ABC in January 2012.

According to ABC, the 28-year-old has been in love three times -- 'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert was his third -- but has only proposed once ... on TV.

Here's how ABC describes Ben and his desire to find a wife:

"A rare, modern Renaissance man, Ben dabbles in a lot of hobbies and crafts, such as crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band. He is also quite handy with a hammer and saw, and loves fixing and building things, as well as landscaping. The woman who will share his life will also have to share one of his other great loves: his Jack Russell Terrier, Scotch."

Tell us: Do you think Ben Flajnik will be a good 'Bachelor'?

Patandgigi

I love Ben Flajnik as the new bachelor. he's so handsome, romantic. I hope he picks the right gal this time around. Ashely Hebert wasn't the right one for him. She led him on and took him to the fantasy suite, and we all know what that means! He really fell hard for that ditzey dame. She let him go all the way to his knees and propose to her and tell her how much he loved her, after all that she rejected his proposal. Like he said the hardest thing for him was getting back up, he was totally humiliated that she lead him on the way she did knowing all the time she was going to choose JP. That was really rotten of Ashley. Ben deserves some one better than that, and the girl he picks will be one lucky gal. Good luck Ben.

September 08 2011 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MEREDITHH sayys

This season will be SO boring. First ashley now Ben, bachelor is going down hill

September 07 2011 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
morinmorinvck

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and beauty's only skin deep.Some of you are right,though.A lot of these guys are so conceited ,so stuck on themselves.I remember Jake and another guy who just seem to be in it for the games.Ashley played a lot of head games,which I don't like about the show,but if they make a match and it works for them,then that's their prerogative.As for Ben,I didn't see that he was up to any head games like the others.Brad was a head game player. I hope Ben gets a girl who isn't into playing games.What some idiots won't do for a place in the spotlight.I hated to see Ben be hurt.Hopefully,he'll find someone as tactful as he is.

September 06 2011 at 10:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
morinmorinvck

September 06 2011 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
golde100

rosiparri
I wanted Ashley to pick Ben. He seemed genuine and of course very handsome. I like his honest reaction and the words he said when find out that he wasn't picked. I will be watching the new Bacholor Show!

September 06 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bitemelinda

Is it just me, or is there a little bit of Jackson Browne in his handsome face?

September 06 2011 at 8:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Hello Sheila

I'm glad he's the next bachelor. He appears to be such a sweet down to earth guy and I hope he finds what he's looking for in a wife. Wish I was 30 years younger so I could be on his show and possibly win his heart! Good luck Ben!

September 06 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cozycat99

He is a cross between Rafa Nadal and Josh Groban!!! Who wouldn't want him!!!! I hope he finds someone who deserves him! What a catch!

September 06 2011 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bitemelinda

Ben is a genuine guy, with true feelings. I love that about a man, and he's so darn cute. I really like his family too. I hope he finds someone worthy of him.

September 06 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
morinmorinvck

I loved Ben and thought he didn't deserve how Ashley treated him.She should have been upfront with him when she knew she didn't have true feelings for him.I thought he was wonderful,tactful,sensitive,and very attractive.I really hope he finds a real nice lady who can share his dreams with him.I'll be watching for sure.

September 06 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply