November 28, 2014

'One Life to Live': Erika Slezak & More Actors Will Continue Online

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 6th 2011 3:25PM
Erika SlezakViki Lord isn't going anywhere. Prospect Park has announced daytime icon Erika Slezak, known for playing Viki for more than 40 years, has signed to stay with 'One Life to Live' after it moves online.

Pending a final agreement with AFTRA, Slezak, Michael Easton, Ted King and Kassie DePaiva will stay with 'One Life to Live.'

This is the first official cast announcement from Prospect Park. No word on who will move online with 'All My Children.'

'One Life to Live' leaves ABC in January 2012 and is expected to migrate online shortly after. 'All My Children' ends its 41-year run on Fri., Sept. 23. The two soaps are expected to debut online in early 2012.

'All My Children' star Susan Lucci hasn't been shy about sharing her feelings about the show's cancellation. The outspoken star has added a new scathing chapter to her memoir, slamming ABC daytime executive Brian Frons.

"I wake up in the middle of the night and this cancellation still seems so surreal," Lucci told TV Guide. "Is it really over? How could ABC have let us go like this for a cooking show?"

jerryjerryhouser

is one life to live still going online? if so when? i have not heard anything about this in months???

January 06 2012 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dove122696

I just read that prospect park has backed out. I am really upset that they did this. They probably knew it all along. How sad to take these soap operas off the air, and worse not have them on the internet. What's next? I keep saying that some cable station would make a killing off of these soaps. They have other JUNK on cable. These actors are really great and they just put them on the unemployment line. Prospect Park should have thought of this before rather than have these wonderful actors sign a contract. I really hope that ONE LIVE TO LIVE will come back on the air. Please cable put some ONE LIFE back on the air. These actors are awesome and I know that I would be many of millions to watch again. I am not interested in another food program.

December 20 2011 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica

So glad 4 of my favorites are staying on One Life To Live. We need to here about the rest of the cast. So many good actors on the show. Hope they all stay. Can't wait.

September 25 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lbisme63

so so happy to hear about this. I love the soaps !!!!!

September 24 2011 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janame1

not watching abc anymore.....

September 22 2011 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janame1

I have watched All My Children from the beginning why don't they move to Opra's net and let us keep watching...I think I am going to be depressed losing my family

September 22 2011 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MargaretR

The only reason that I have watched daytime TV is for the soaps. Now I have no reason to watch it except for the news at noon. I will now fill those time slots with movies. I do not watch talk shows. I am not interested in Movie Gossip or TV cooking shows, nor do I like watching people air their dirty laundry or any of the so called reality shows.
I also do not like watching the so called rediculous comedy shows, I would rather watch cartoons. At least with the soaps, there was a few moments of real drama and some excelent acting. I feel that daytime TV has nothing to offer to me. Thanks God for cable.

September 22 2011 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goldbobstx

I am unable to watch the show online. I wont be watching ABC at ALL!

September 22 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ssblewis

cooking show?...I don't think so!!! and will not be watching on line. General hospital might be an option .

September 22 2011 at 5:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sailing

Yes it"s sad that ABC is putting another cooking show on. Especially with hosts that already had shows that didn't work out. I don't know why they think it will work out putting them all together on one show. Television is politics just like everything else. Soon it will be just one station in charge of all our shows telling us what we can or can't watch. Thats why I bought a Kindle. I'll just read won't watch any of them. Curling up with a good book with a story line and characters is better than watching more cooking shows an other people eating anyway. They want a healthy America Stop all the cooking shows all people due is watch get hungry go grab junk food to walk back in to eat anyway because it's a fact placing food in front of people on a dailey bases is going to make them hungry an their going to go grab the quickest thing they can find which will be junk food to get back to watch the show. You want people to eat right stop making them hungry for food on tv. They cant run in an make what there showing right then anyway. So they'll just eat more junk . Good Job ABC.... keep America craving fast food what ever they can grab right then so they can finish watching the show that made them hungry to begin with...

September 19 2011 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply