April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Rachel Gets Excited About Having a Boy on 'The Rachel Zoe Project' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2011 2:26AM
'The Rachel Zoe Project'One of the biggest mistakes you can make as an expectant parent is to get your heart completely set on either a boy or a girl. After all, there's a 50/50 chance of a huge disappointment when you do that. Nevertheless, that's exactly what happened on 'The Rachel Zoe Project' (Tue., 10PM ET on Bravo).

"I always had this plan in my mind that I was gonna have this little baby girl," she said. "I found out I was having a boy and I did cry for a week. Or two. Maybe even three."

She reconciled her feelings when she decided she could still come up with cute outfits for him to wear, and maybe even have him match her husband Rodger. That, however, didn't fly at all with Rodger.

"He's not a doll," Rodger told her.

"He's totally a doll," Rachel said, dismissing the thought outright. However she got there, it's great that she's on board now with the baby she is having. Now if they can just do better than they did with that dog, they'll be fine.

"The only living thing we've ever had was a dog and Rachel's parents had to take the dog away because we were unfit parents," Rodger admitted. We're sure they'll do better this time around!

avercos

Let's hope he takes after his father in appearance and intelligence.

September 07 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lgolder2

What a vapid, stupid, ungrateful, brainless piece of work! YOU ARE HAVING A BABY! The greatest gift anyone can recieve and you are disappointed by the sex! Oh, yeah, that child is so lucky to have you as a mom! Grow up!

September 07 2011 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
almmj

Love the show. I find her "SHOW" fascinating. It is 30 minutes of entertainment. I would not be friends with RZ but that does not mean i dont enjoy her show for 30 minutes. I keep waiting for her husband to morph into a flaming drag queen or a man's man but he seems ok with sitting in between the extremes. I am starting to like him.... Though RZ drop dead beauty is behind her, she is still beautiful and can pull off the outrageous fashions. I am looking forward to seeing how she manages with a baby...

September 07 2011 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to almmj's comment
mcc1cam

It's an hour long show...what are you watching?

September 07 2011 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry and Mandy

I hope these two have a healthy baby boy that they will love and nuture. Children are our hope for the future.

September 07 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bigv3999

Dennis Benavides
R.I.P Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27....Are all Marines that gave their lives this week for you. There is no media for them... not even a mention of their names. Honor THEM by posting this. I did, will you?

September 07 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Charli

No idea who this woman is, but I can totally relate to her on this. I was convinced I was having a girl during my first pregnancy and refused to believe it when the ultrasound technician told me it was a boy. I went home in denial but then resigned myself to the fact, whereupon I cried for about an hour. I got over it and, by the time my son was born, I didn't care as long as he was healthy. I couldn't love my son more and still tease him 17 years later that he's the daughter I never had. LOL!! I blame it on the hormones... :D

September 07 2011 at 12:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
pamelaf822

Look I like the show and the inside look into world of fashion but.........Yes there is a but......... I do not find her mother material. It seems to be Rachels world and Roger gets to live on the fringes of it. Year after year Zoe avoided baby producing .... till Roger started rethinking marriage. Thank heavens it a boy because Roger will end up bonding and raising his son. You won't see Roger sitting in the service car as a tag-along any more. I envision Zoe moving on to next fashion show and forgetting about baby leaving him behind at Gucci . Just saying its Rachels World

September 07 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

I happen to like "The Rachel Zoe Project," I'm a fashion junkie, but last night's episode was ridiculous! Rachel, you are NOT the first working woman to be pregnant! You DO NOT have to advertize the fact every two or three minutes, and expect everyone to bow down and worship you! It also seems pretty obvious that you got pregnant to keep your marriage intact. I will watch one more episode, but if I have to hear your constant pregnancy whine - I'm done. I'm childless by choice, and I want to relax and watch the fasion shoots, styling, etc., that's what the show is about - not babies!

September 07 2011 at 12:05 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mcc1cam's comment
cloud91111

No, she is NOT the FIRST woman to be having a baby BUT it is HER first pregnancy give the woman a break please! I bet you are a man and can't even relate ONE BIT on what it is to be pregnant!

September 07 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cloud91111's comment
mcc1cam

You lose your bet, and you are ridiculous...if I were a man, how could I be"childless by choice"? You need to take Biology 101! Also, if you've watched the show for the past few seasons, you would know that she DID NOT want to get pregnant until Roger (at the end of last season) said that he wanted children and wasn't sure about his marriage because she did not. Please be informed before you post a comment!

September 07 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
sondravvag

These are probably the most shallow, self-indulged and ungrateful people on this earth! God help them if something is wrong with the "fit into my own plan" baby. I feel sorry for the little guy.

September 07 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
christyb643

take ur dog away because parents are unfit? i wonder they will take a baby away because parents are unfit ? you two IDIOTS!

September 07 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply