October 24, 2014

Rosie O'Donnell Opens Up About Her New OWN Show & Working Out Her Rage Issues

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 7th 2011 11:00AM
O, The Oprah Magazine, Oprah Winfrey, Rosie O'DonnellRosie O'Donnell used to be angry. Very angry.

The 49-year-old opens up about her anger issues in the October edition of O, The Oprah Magazine, and the extent of them might surprise you.

"You know, I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of," O'Donnell says in the article, according to a preview of the issue on People.com. "But I've gotten back access to my other feelings. I'm not cut off from my emotions anymore ... The rage has gone away ... There's been a healing."

How O'Donnell healed might be an easier fix than you expect: The talk show host, whose 'The Rosie Show' premieres Mon., Oct. 10 at 7PM ET on OWN, credits estrogen for her new demeanor. "I had, like, zero estrogen," she says in the article. "And since I got some, I've been able to function more normally. I've stopped being so angry."

After 'The Rosie O'Donnell' show ended, the actress formerly known as the "queen of nice" became more outspoken than ever before. She joined 'The View' as a panelist in 2006, but lasted just one year after well-publicized feuds with Donald Trump and 'View' co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

'The Rosie Show,' O'Donnell says, is a way to start fresh. It's "a new beginning for me. For the first time in a long time, I'm excited."

'The Rosie Show' premieres Mon., Oct. 10 at 7PM ET. The October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine is on newsstands Sept. 13.

FAN ROSIE

Did you know The Rosie Show announces a Facebook Fan of the Week? You can follow the journal of the fan on The Official "The Rosie Show" Fan of the Week Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-The-Rosie-Show-Fan-of-the-Week/247621578619059

November 09 2011 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mpm80

oprah ewwwwwwwwww shes nasty too

September 09 2011 at 6:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mpm80

fat nasty rosie almost ruined one of my favorite movies of all time - a league of their own ! ewwwwwwwwwwwww shes nasty

September 09 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
flilguy

This woman is toxic! Oprah would be wise not to associate with her, or to represent her narcissistic rages. Look at when she became editorial director of McCall's magazine. She couldn't have things her way, and destroyed that publication, many hard working people lost their jobs over that temper tantrum. Her daytime talk show, "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" was canceled for low ratings. Kmart started to have low sale figures when she was spokesperson for them. She had another epic tantrum, when the young Elisabeth Hasselbeck stood her ground, and refused to be bullied by O'Donnell. I liked Rosie in her early movie roles. Around 2002 she became this loud angry person, she reminds me of someone that has a brain tumor, and it affects their personality. I suppose she means well, I guess if I had to say something nice about her, I could call her outrageous! Nobody could out rage her! lol! I think she has more issues than just low estrogen, I hope she continues to feel better

September 08 2011 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lenitaj

In all of these comments, none have addressed the fact that all rage/anger is fear based; accordingly, the only real question is "What is the person with such negative and hate filled comments really afraid of?".

September 08 2011 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lenitaj's comment
Susan

In fact, all negative emotions are fear based. Not just anger, but jealousy, greed, guilt, anxiety ( I know, obvious), depression, and the list goes on. Anything that is not love is fear.

September 08 2011 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
viviglam

And welcome to a bunch of hate filled, ignorant, moronic, sexist, hypocritical replies to this topic.

Let the bashing continue.......

Only the low and base can harbor such rot in their gut.

September 08 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to viviglam's comment
mpm80

tthe truth hurts oprah and rosie are fat pigs nothing more

September 09 2011 at 4:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tomtlbjr7

the pig perpetrated a fraud on the public. pig mouth rosie made her fortune allowing her fans to think she was a straight, tom cruise loving, kind person. remember cutie patooty and all the rest of her BS? had America known the truth about how miserable she was her show would have never been a success and she would not be rich today. i don't doubt that her rage stems from the deep-down hate she has for herself. when you are grossly overweight, have an eating disorder and are as physically repulsive as she is, your bound to feel awful about yourself and everything else.

September 08 2011 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tomtlbjr7's comment
viviglam

You must be a troll. Regardless- what a bunch of hateful bs. Shame on you. You can be a lesbian and still adore guys. I am a straight girl and I can tell my friends that are girls that they are "cute" w/o being gay.

Get a life you ignorant, hateful moron!

September 08 2011 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
viviglam

And it's the REVERSED - "genius". You have eating disorders and weight gain because it STEMS from a deep rooted issue. It's a vicious cycle and unless you suffer from it your self you do not know. Ick. YOU are the example of what is wrong with this world you jealous, entitled SOB.

September 08 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to viviglam's comment
viviglam

"REVERSE" rather.

September 08 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Owen

I KNOW, PIG MOUTH GOT HEALED, WHEN SHE SAW NO ONE,WANTED HER...........AND OPRAH. WHO"S FAILING NETWORK IS DESPERATE, PICKED UP THIS HAS BEEN, FOR A SHOW........BUT SHE WILL NOT DRAW ANY VIEWERS.............EVERYONE KNOWS SHE TRULY HAS A MOUTH OF A PIG

September 08 2011 at 6:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Owen's comment
antgne

And you've had a bit too much to drink!

September 08 2011 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
viviglam

Jealous of successful people much?

September 08 2011 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ritrdoc

Imagine all those years when guests on The View were prevented from making a point as she shouted them down. Recall her ambush of Tom Selleck? Give anyone wiht that much anger a venue and they actually think they might be right, all they do and say is correct, after all they have an applauding audience and viewers. I won't bother to watch her new show. In spite of her claim to controlling her rage, her opinoins remain, her attitude remains and I disagree with many and remain offended by her tactics and think they will either re-emerge if she is challenged, or, being the host, will change the subject to avoid hearing what she doesn't agree with or if she premitted others to speak might find she is wrong

September 08 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdavecrz

Are you really this hurting Oprah?

September 08 2011 at 6:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply