April 16, 2014

'Bachelor Pad' Duo Holly & Blake Are Engaged

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 8th 2011 6:00PM
Holly and Blake Engaged'Bachelor Pad' contestants Holly Durst and Blake Julian may have been competing for a cash prize, but that didn't stop a love connection. The duo are now engaged to be married, according to People.

Holly was instrumental in sending Blake home, but at the rose ceremony she handed him a note saying it wasn't the end for them.

The on-camera courtship wasn't always the easiest, as Durst's former fiance Michael Stagliano was also on 'Bachelor Pad' and he claimed to still have feelings for her. Additionally, Julian was involved with another contestant, Melissa Schreiber, for much of the season.

Away from the prying eye of the reality TV cameras, it seems the two have transitioned from flirting to being in love.

'Bachelor Pad' season finale airs Mon., Sept. 12, 8PM ET on ABC.

Love-Coach101

Engaged? What is the rush? An engagement after 2 or 3 months is ridiculous! When people rush into a marriage one or both partners are usually afraid of losing the other. The calculated timing of this - right before the Bachelor Pad finale strongly supports this. What would be the problem with moving in with each and waiting to see how it goes? Relationships are difficult enough much less rushing into an engagement when you hardly know the other person. I highly doubt this engagement will last.

My sympathies to Michael. He is a class act and it was a very low blow for Holly to do that to him on national TV. Granted, the 'bachelor' shows are big on these expose-type things. Jason did it to Melissa but they didn't have the history that Holly and Mike have. I truly hope that Michael spends the time healing and that he works on himself and moves on. Whey Holly comes crawling back I HOPE MIchael has the smarts to send her away. There is a wonderful woman out there for him.. who would appreciate how special he is. And, in today's day and age, let me tell you - Michael is a very special guy!

September 13 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ck

Careful, sweet holly. I once fell for a guy who nobody liked and there turned out to be a reason for that. He was a skunk.

September 12 2011 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pjwinstead827

I would be a little worried that no one liked Blake. That would be a real red flag. I do wish Holly good luck, she is a sweet gitl that got dumped and good for her no to go back into the same situation. Many girls are not that strong.

September 09 2011 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xcalboy

This is only a ploy to get their own show.

September 09 2011 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katmandeal

(part 2)

Perhaps you haven’t recently spent time with a pre-teen or teenager. Let me assure you that children and youth are often not as mature as we’d like to think they are. Their minds and opinions and outlooks on life are still being formed. They are sponges, soaking up every morsel of life they encounter. Like it or not, they soak up the thinly veiled message presented by the contest on “Bachelor Pad” – that it’s ok to single out, pick on, throw things at, or otherwise degrade people they encounter who don’t measure up to certain standards. It is not ok.

Even on your worst days, your programs and the messages they contain reach more Americans than I could ever hope to reach, and that’s a shame. It’s a shame to think that there will likely be no public acknowledgement by your network that you crossed a line. The damage that’s been done by the airing of those few minutes of television can only be undone through the tireless efforts of concerned parents, teachers, community leaders, and others who desire a better, more inclusive, more peaceful existence for our children.

Your “reality” television show has, in fact, lost all touch with reality, and the nation you serve suffers as a result.

Signed,

Mama Bear

____

September 08 2011 at 11:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
katmandeal

To Whom It May Concern:
As the Director of Youth and Children at a church in South Carolina, I have the honor and privilege of working with young people on a daily basis as I attempt to shepherd them through the trials and joys of childhood and adolescence. It is on their behalf that I write this letter.
In addition to working with children and youth, I also happen to be a faithful viewer of Good Morning America. I am writing to express my shock, disgust, and frustration after viewing a segment which was included in the Monday, August 15 episode of GMA. In the segment, George Stephanopoulos interviewed Cameron Matheson about an upcoming episode of “Bachelor Pad.” In the clip that followed, male contestants on the show were instructed to throw paint filled eggs at the female contestant who they considered to be least attractive.
My question is a simple one: Are you serious?
In this day and age, when school bullying and girls’ self esteem are two issues which deeply affect children of all ages, could it really be possible that an entity as powerful and far-reaching as ABC would condone and promote such behavior? Where is your sense of community responsibility and decency?
I was further shocked to learn that “Bachelor Pad” airs at 8:00 pm, a time when many school-aged young people are watching television. This fact raises a whole new crop of questions in my mind: How are we to insist that our young people conduct themselves with respect towards all people when a national television network presents such programming? How am I to encourage young girls to love themselves as they are when they see glimpses like this, which tell them that to be physically unattractive is to lose? Why are we so surprised when acts of bullying are pervasive in our schools and online?
I do not consider myself to be a person who is easily offended, which is why I felt compelled to write and express my disappointment. I hope and pray that this letter will serve as a reminder to you that you have a responsibility and that you hold a great deal of power (maybe too much). Like it or not, you have a responsibility to all children whose household includes a television set and a remote control. Do not forget that among your intended target audience are also a host of children who are either at risk of being bullied or who are at risk of emulating the behavior they see while watching the programs on your network.
To think that, at some point in the development phase of this episode, a group of people brainstormed such a contest and no one thought better of the idea…that cooler heads didn’t prevail…I believe it is evidence of an organization that is far more concerned with shock-value than with the potential consequences that could result from such a malicious display. Instead of helping to stop bullying or raise low self esteem, you are contributing to both problems.

September 08 2011 at 11:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Christopher

ABC needs to stop the bachelor bachelorett and the bachelor pad. It's a waste of time and money the shows
don't work. I'm sure that they can put on better shows then those three shows they have on now.

September 08 2011 at 9:36 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Christopher's comment
plstiemeup

they have enough ratings to keep them, y would they get rid of them ? just like all the idiots that watch DWTS, another horrible show.

September 09 2011 at 3:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
amywms1

I am so happy for them! Congrats Blake and Holly!

Blake got a bad wrap-everybody was flirting around Bachelor Pad in both seasons, so why does everyone else get a free pass and Blake was supposed to be shackled to Melissa after one early on group date? No, no, no, no...no fair to Blake. In the end good always triumphs over evil-good for you, Blake and Holly! You are both darling and deserve happiness. You can not stop two people from falling in love...

September 08 2011 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to amywms1's comment
plstiemeup

2 different people, nothing in common, they wont last.

September 09 2011 at 3:27 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mdonnarmc

OMG - This is the first time I have watched Bachelor, Bachelorett and bachelor Pad and I think this is GREAT news! I think they make a real cute couple and I think Blake got a bad rap because of Melissa and her antics. Michael was a wuss and only wanted to get back with her because he saw her paying attention to other guys. If she had gone back with him, he would have only chickened out again.

September 08 2011 at 9:02 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ashley

She should totally stay with Michael...Blake and her won't last

September 08 2011 at 8:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply