July 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Chelsea Handler Appalled by James Marsden's Cheesy Courting of His Wife (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 9th 2011 4:52AM
James Marsden, 'Chelsea Lately'James Marsden was a saccharine sweet guy when he was in his early 20s. Particularly, he employed the sweet innocence of youth in the wooing techniques he used to win the heart of his wife, Lisa Linde. And it absolutely disgusted Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on E!).

Early on in their dating, Marsden said, "I got my guitar and I serenaded her at the beach." He sang Garth Brook's 'The Dance,' and later they even went back to a jacuzzi and did the whole strawberries and champagne thing.

If it was a cheesy romantic film move, Marsden was trying it out. But it worked. "She married me," he told Handler, in response to her look of disgust.

"I know," she said. "That's what I just find so appalling."

dennybeme

The cheesy remark was made by Chelsey....... She was "trying" to be funny again!!

September 10 2011 at 7:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RSGREYFOX1

I guess I am missing something, because, I don't get it.
What is she appalled by???

September 10 2011 at 5:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Chelsea Handler is so desperate to be "cool" that she comes off as a predictable jerk. She's stuck in a high-school mentality. Why should Marsden apologize for his story, so he can win her approval?

September 10 2011 at 4:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
seasirena7

Yep sounds like jealousy to me

September 10 2011 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lishead7

I think Chelsea is JEALOUS.

September 09 2011 at 10:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

Never heard of him.

September 09 2011 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
belldn3

What is so appalling about courting a woman with a song, if it's from your heart?????? I guess he didn't $$$$$ enough.

September 09 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
METALGURU1989

I like how they make her sound like she was so appalled at his statement to get you to watch this video. I didn't see anything other than a comedian just doing what comedians do. Granted the guy looked a bit embarrassed after being mocked for a bit by her and the audience. What bugs me is how the title of the clip makes it sound like a big deal when it isn't.

September 09 2011 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaMomb01

she's just exceptionally envious (and what woman wouldn't be?)...don't worry Chelsea, there are men out there that love opinionated, sometimes seemingly insensitive...ahem, vocal women!

September 09 2011 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorie

She's an idiot. She wishes she could have a sweet guy like that! I would love to have a guy sing to me and take me to the beach.

September 09 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply