April 19, 2014

Jon Cryer, Ashton Kutcher & Angus T. Jones Talk 'Two and a Half Men' Season 9 (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Sep 12th 2011 9:00AM
'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones, Ashton Kutcher & Jon CryerAOL TV got a very stealth, top secret, exclusive invitation a few weeks back: We were invited to interview the stars of 'Two and a Half Men' -- Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones and new addition Ashton Kutcher -- on the show's set. We talked all about the series reboot, the show's life after Charlie Sheen and welcoming Kutcher into the fold.

I've split the interview into two parts, with more talk about returning faces, dream guest stars and Kutcher's giant trailer coming next week before the Season 9 premiere (Mon., Sept. 19, 9PM ET on CBS), but for now, watch to hear more about Kutcher's character Walden Schmidt and to see the guys talk about shirtlessness, underwater episodes and foxholes, cracking jokes together like they've been at this for years.

They also discuss how Alan and Jake Harper are feeling after the death of their relative and wise-cracking roommate Charlie Harper (Sheen). "I think Jake doesn't really care at all," Jones admitted with a laugh. "So far. So far he has a wall and I don't know if he's ever gonna break down and just cry for a minute." "We tuck it away," Cryer confirmed, after Kutcher pointed out that the show is called 'Two and a Half Men,' and men don't share their feelings the same way women do.

But sounds like someone tucks it away a bit too far -- Cryer confirmed that rumors of someone being institutionalized this season are, in fact, true. "That is shockingly not a joke!" Knowing that Kutcher's character is also experiencing some loss when we meet him, post-break-up, I wondered if their union was a case of misery loving company. "It's more like a you save my a**, I'll save yours kind of thing," Kutcher said.

Something to note: Our interview took place in the show's usual set, the living room of the Harper house. Does this mean they're not selling the place afterall? Or is the slow real estate market in TV land keeping them there a bit longer?

And as a special bonus, there's also a quick sneak peek of the show's new credits in the video, with Kutcher front and center for the show's classic "me-e-en" crooning.

Are you excited to see Ashton Kutcher on the show? Curious about how they'll really say goodbye to Charlie Sheen's character? Sound off in the comments.

froggyanearl

Yet another AOL story miss, first off everyone already knows what happens to charlie, and not to be pick but Ashton kercher isnt feont and Center in the intro video, He is back and center. I'm looking forward to watching the premiere for good or worse. I hope it's funny there aren't many sitcoms on tv like there used to be. Season 7 and 8 of 2nhalfmen were stale as hell and the acting was hacky the jokes were old and it was going to get cancelled in a way Charlies little departure is probably what will have kept the show on for a while longer. All the publicity and turnover in the cast will create a fresh twist to the jokes and and new feel. Whether it works out or not we will see.

September 19 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

I have to agree Charlie was a lot of the show and frankly I don't think any of the characters are replacable. It's not happening. When Charlie is gone it won't be the same. Ashton is good don't get me wrong but 2 and a half men will be over. ....

September 19 2011 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gloria

although I think Kutcher is great, without Charlie I don't think the show has any hope of
of coming close to another 8 years. Carlie will be hard to replace, he was the show. Will see. I wish the new show the best of luck

September 19 2011 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trish

no Charlie... no show.

September 19 2011 at 8:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maligatr

I am glad to see a change. Charlie was the same old same old ..it was getting really STALE ... Hopefully Ashton will bring some new Commedy to the set - instead of the same old thing of Charlie drinking too much ( how ironic he is the same person in real life and that is disgusting) i mean really how many times/ different ways can you have him going to bed with some woman being drunk yadda yadda .... At least hopefully there can be some other focus then on what Charlie is in real life . A drunk . No thanks .. not entertaining to watch a looser always getting drunk in the morning and screwing every woman that comes along

September 19 2011 at 5:48 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
vargoal

Sorry no way Ashton could replace Charlie's easy going demeanor and humor! The show should have been canceled because Angus T. Jones is also getting to old and annoying! He was cute when he was younger! Aston just doesn't have the bad boy carisma of Charlie's true nature the whole story line would have to change which just won't be the same! They best not kill off Charlie so you can bring him back! He should run off with his stalker GF!

September 19 2011 at 3:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
reuzitz004

I agree with some of the comments that the original characters made the show a success for who they were as all things develped through the years around Cryer and ex-wife with jake taking up residence with older uncommitted bro,(Charlie). I really think the show was what it was and somehow will take a downfall with new casting material based around Ashton and Jake who's really not a half any more. He was key growing up on the set but not as interesting now as a typical teenager in his role. I Loved the hell out of the trio theme song just hearing little Jake sing the almost doo-wop like voice solo. That too was an element that griped the viewers and will never be the same. Hopefully the new show will give meaning to the past characters. For all the worth of the previous shows, good or bad, Sheen's character was the glue that made it tie together. I thinksit's over>>>

September 19 2011 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goodguy889

C'MON ASHTON. IS THAT BUM LOOK STILL IN FOR OLDER DUDES. AT LEAST CHARLIE KEPT UP TO DATE WITH HIS GROOMING, HAIR AND CLOTHES. GET RID OF THE 60's LONG HAIR HIPPY LOOK, ALONG WITH YOUR SASS AND DEMI. BELEIVE ME "YOUR NOT ALL THAT"

September 19 2011 at 1:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gmbyacht

Jake is a spoiled snotty brat - probably in person as well, or he could not play the part so well. Cryer is a flaming fag and I bet you off the stage as well. Ashton, I personally don't like - untalented pretty boy, Charlie well he threw them under the bus and they are doing the same when they get rid of him. For some reason I liked all these old obnoxious characters working together. That includes Charlies mom, Cryers wife and the maid - whatever her name is. The show was Charlie. Good luck with Ashton - they will need it.

September 18 2011 at 11:34 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply