October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Did Secret Deals Determine the Final Four on 'Hell's Kitchen'? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 13th 2011 1:17AM
Gordon Ramsay, 'Hell's Kitchen''Hell's Kitchen' (Mon., 9PM ET on FOX) found its Final Four, and we're sure it's going to come with plenty of controversy. Thanks to some clever bargaining on the part of Elise, we may never know how Will and Paul really feel about the two remaining women on the show.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

In the opening challenge, Elise paired salmon with macaroni and cheese, which she did at the worst possible challenge. The criteria for the judges was to rate them on how much you'd pay for the dishes presented, and who would pay a lot for mac 'n' cheese?

Elise continued to fumble at the dinner service, ignoring instructions to cook the salmon skin-down for the longest time, and then serve it still a bit raw in the middle. Even though they'd made it to the Final Five, communication problems and delays in the kitchen caused Gordon Ramsay to throw them all out of the kitchen, though he brought Paul and Will back to finish up service. A sneak peek at the final two in the kitchen perhaps?

After another disastrous service, Elise told Will and Paul that if they protected her at the elimination this week, she'd protect them to the end of the game. And so they did ... or maybe they really do think she's a stronger chef than Jennifer.

The two women were put up for elimination, and only Tommy said Jennifer was the stronger chef of the pair. And yet, based on what we saw all season long, it seems pretty clear Jennifer was stronger. So did Paul and Will buy into Elise's deal and lie to protect her -- and break Jennifer's heart, in Paul's case?

Whatever happened, it worked, Jennifer was booted from the kitchen and Elise made it into the Final Four with the three guys. Will we ever be rid of her, or will the deal hold up and see Tommy booted next?

Jason Brees

Those who have missed this show can watch “Hell’s Kitchen” online.

September 21 2011 at 3:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty

I'm with everyone else why is Elise still here? I can't imagine Gordon Ramsey wanting her to run one of his restaurants - it just does not compute. I'm sorry to see Jennifer go, I believe she was a better cook also. Johnny I have no idea why he is still around except for comic relief. Good luck Paul and Will, may the best chef win.

September 15 2011 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonju Patten

allow me to speculate here - and I loved your post - please read this after you have seen the episode - feel free to yell at me as well - I don't care - body language never lies - http://bonjupatten.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/this-season-of-hells-kitchen-is-tainted-by-sex-lies-and-videotape/

Bonju Patten

September 13 2011 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curious

If this big mouthed sarcastic little biotch doesnt get kicked off next show I will NEVER watch anything that has Gordey Ramsey in it. Enough of keeping her for the ratings. This is a cooking show not "Bitch of the Decade " Show

September 13 2011 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
margievasicek

Elise is a real snake in the grass. Jennifer was the stronger cook all season long. Will & Paul I can't wait till you
two get yours for siding with Elise over Jennifer.

September 13 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I think Gordon Ramsay is brain dead. How can Elise still be around? She's nasty, full of herself and a real bitch. I know they like to drama on these shows but seriously --- Elise your time should be up!

September 13 2011 at 7:49 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Karen's comment
lambsidivy

I couldn't agree more.

September 13 2011 at 9:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Trace Anderson

Thank you for the article. I feel like these articles don't get enough love. =)

September 13 2011 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trace Anderson

Thank you for the article. I feel like these articles don't get enough love. =)

September 13 2011 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply