September 16, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Michelle Gellar's Return to 'All My Children' (VIDEO)

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 13th 2011 3:15PM
Sarah Michelle GellarSarah Michelle Gellar is paying tribute to 'All My Children' by returning to the show with one very crazy guest role, and we've got the exclusive first look video.

In the Wed., Sept. 21 episode, Gellar -- who stars in The CW's 'Ringer' (premieres Tues., Sept. 13, 9PM ET) -- will not be playing Kendall, the role she made famous.

Gellar originated the role of Kendall Hart, Erica Kane's daughter, from 1993-1995. The 'Buffy' veteran won a Daytime Emmy for her portrayal.

Now that Kendall is played by Alicia Minshew, Gellar specifically asked to return in a different capacity. So, who is she playing? According to TV Guide, Gellar will play a delusional hospital patient who thinks she's Erica Kane's daughter! Gellar's character has a run-in with Dr. Maria Santos -- yep, Eva La Rue is returning to 'All My Children,' too -- and recognizes her.

"It was a great pleasure to welcome Sarah back to Pine Valley and especially fun to have her character wink to the audience with fun lines that referenced her previous character," Julie Carruthers, executive producer on the soap, told TV Guide.

Gellar's episode, one of the show's last on ABC, is also dedicated to recently deceased star Mary Fickett. The actress originated the role of Ruth Martin and won the first Emmy given to a woman for daytime work.

Check out our exclusive video sneak peek here:

Tell us: Are you excited to see some familiar faces back in Pine Valley?

mpowell545

It is appalling that we are constantly subjected to shows that we really don't care about, while having to stop watching something that has been with us for so many years. I feel sad and disillusioned and will most defintely not wathc the replacement show, not purchase products from the show or their advertisers. ABC will no longer be a channel of choice. If I want to watch a cooking show - which probably won't ever happen - it won't be this one. I feel as if members of my extended family are departing. Good luck tand best wishes o all of the cast members who have brought us enjoyment over the years, especially to Susan Lucci who has remained central to the story.

September 14 2011 at 5:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
epflanders

For those of you who say you won't watch the new replacement shows - please add that you will not purchase products made by companies that sponsor the show - that is much more damaging than not watching. As for me - I will not watch nor buy products advertised and I am starting a boycott here in Virginia of all the companies who advertise on the new shows and their subsidiaries. For a list of company subsidiaries you can do a simple company search on the internet.

September 13 2011 at 11:51 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to epflanders's comment
Daniel

That is a good point... After all when the show chuck was gonna be taken off of the air, its fans boycotted the sponsor and that got the sponsor to go tot he network and got the show back on the air. So boycotting the sponsors is where it is at.

September 14 2011 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbie

It is a total insult to all the loyal ABC soap viewers to have to sit and watch endless ad's for 'the chew' once All My Children is off the air. Not only will I NOT be watching it, I will not be watching any ABC shows once One Life to Live is through. I'll watch General hospital on SoapNet, and since ABC didn't bother to add those ratings in when deciding to cancel two of my soaps, they won't even know. In fact, they will learn, too late, what a big mistake they've made. I was loyal to them all these years and this is the thanks? I'll boycott ABC and when the two soaps return online, I'll even pay for them.

September 13 2011 at 11:45 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bobbie's comment
James A. Miles

No you won't SoapNet will be gone!
It's being replaced by Disney Jr.

September 14 2011 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trish

Yes I am happy to see some of the Pine Valley people return, but I want ALL MY CHILDREN to keep going on, don't they realzie they are wiping out an entire family branch from my family? Me and the rest of us are going to feel a terrible lose, we will be sort of in morning for our family members! How could you do this to us...for a STUPID cooking show that I doubt anyone will watch.

September 13 2011 at 11:21 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
mzsher

Here's one for you: I can remember watching the very first episode of All My Children in my teens. I was sick that day and parked in front of the television. There was the Phillip, Tara, and Chuck love triangle. I also remember an episode of a teenage Erica Kane sitting on a lounge chair on their back patio and her mother, Mona Kane came out the back door. She was suppose to be 17 but was somewhat older in real life. I will not watch ANY of the new shows on ABC that is replacing both of my soaps, AMC and OLTL. Sorry ABC, you have shot yourself in the foot and you WILL NOT RECOVER from this stupid move.

September 13 2011 at 11:13 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Pat

I will not be watching channel 7 between 1 and 2. It is my hope that the new show fails and that the network has the wisdom to bring back AMC! I've been watching this show since I was a little girl and grew up with all of the characters. It's fun to see some of the 'retired' actors returning but it's not worth it because of the ending of the show.

September 13 2011 at 10:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
funkitown

The network should be ashamed of themselves for taking of these soaps and putting on more cooking crap to fatten us all up cuz well be depressed becausethey are taking off our soaps. Shame ON you ABC. DINGEY

September 13 2011 at 10:27 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Lt Dan

They can bring her in as Buffy and she could kill off the rest who turn to evil creatures,nobody would see that twist comeing.

September 13 2011 at 8:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply