September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Taylor Opens Up About Troubled Marriage on 'Real Housewives Beverly Hills' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 13th 2011 3:12AM
Taylor Armstrong, 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills''The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' (Mon., 9PM ET on Bravo) continues to tread on uncomfortable ground, considering the suicide of cast-member Taylor Armstrong's husband, Russell, after filming was concluded for the season.

This week, Taylor had a very emotional talk with Kyle Richards about her troubled marriage, saying how badly she wants to make their marriage work, and that she's scared.

Kyle was very candid in her responses to Taylor. "I wouldn't be fighting for something that's really not worth fighting for, to be honest," she said. "You're blaming yourself, and it's not you."

We haven't been told much to this point as to what is so wrong with the Armstrong marriage, but we can certainly anticipate that Russell was very troubled at this point. Maybe the intention is to have the story of what lead to his suicide drive Taylor's story this season and perhaps serve as a cautionary tale for others.

By opening up and being honest about such a raw and painful time in their lives, maybe the show can help someone else find the help they need, or open up in a way they haven't yet, to avoid tragedy in their own lives. In that regard, the show could prove a help to other trouble people and relationships.

We can be optimistic about their intentions here, right?

msbek812

I first want to begin by saying that It is awful what happened with Russell and his recent suicide and my condolneces are with his family ! NONE of this makes any sense to me regarding the recent things being said and revealed. I am finding Taylor's Story NOW a bit unbelievable. The first season Opened with her at some point within the 1st few episodes of Taylor doing charity work at which time she spoke at a function for and about Domestic Violence . Taylor revealed then a Past Life of Abuse growing up. She has repeatedly spoke of being poor , NOT wanting to go back to that life blah, blah blah AND Much of her conversations have always been about MONEY! HER WANTS and all Them dealing with MONEY , ALWAYS !! ....What I am finding most difficult to understand and Just cannot believe is that a woman NOW CLAIMING to have been abused by her husband which means typcally that abuser is controlling as well as abusive therefore WHY would Russell have ever allowed per say... Taylor to be involved in an organization that would HIT SO CLOSE TO HOME? What Husband would Permit something that may reveal his wrongs to her? What Husband would Nor Supported any involvement whatsoever in any Organization or Charity dealing with domestic violence if she was herself being abused By Him? I have watched Taylor manipulate many situations in the short life of the GHousewive's of Beverly Hills. I saw Russell as ONLY wanting to Please her , His wife ... who has always appeared to be very materialistic. Taylor has always appeared to me to be wanting ALL THAT the other woman with money and or coming from money HAD ! In the Colorado trip in the jacuzzi as she was talking to Kyle still all she kept going back to was her FEARS in leaving an Unhappy Marriage Leaving her BROKE and POOR again a Life she NEVER wants to go bcak to ! Had we not had known already of the Death of Russell and of their issues in their marriage I would really believ she was never in the marriage for love no matter how much she said she was. Given the recent publishig that Russell was being sued having to d with his business I canot help but to wonder did Taylor Know that and that is why she filed for divorce in the 1st place rather than as she NOW claims was Only because he was abusive ot her.? Something with Taylor does not sit well with me and she is untrustworthy ! I dont know who leaked information to the Press about her marriage troubles but truth be tld I would NOT BE SURPRISED if it wasnt HER and if she didnt do it Just to cause drama , blaming Lisa as she is doing! I think Taylor LOVES Money , and that is the only thing Obvious and TRUE of her Character.Taylor likes drama lkes being involved in others issues and loves to stir the pot . Taylor WANTS what OTHERS HAVE and thta too is obvious however Regarding anything else I am ot sure WHO TAYLOR is !

September 27 2011 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frutann

I can't seem to find any sympathy for taylor, Taylor did a great job last year at making her husband that like look like he was a villian. She had already said in season 1 that her and russell marriage was more like a business partnership. To me that's saying you married him for money and when you knew he was having financial difficulties she got up and left.
Taylor knew Russell had other children yet threw her 4 year old daughter a $60,000 Birthday party. Why? IT was more about Taylor then it was her child. I think Taylor is the most fake person on the show and I find her to be a lyer. I really hope next year they dont bring her back. She is just toxic.

September 14 2011 at 3:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dop63

I think Russel was the abused one. All Taylor ever did was hang out with her girl friends as if they are a bunch of 20 year olds. She was spending money as if they were rich, she knew the truth. A phony hanging out with the rich pretending to be one of them. She enjoyed focusing on other peoples' problems rather than tending to her own.

September 13 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dop63's comment
Nevedita

Russell is the abused one? He committed one of THE most selfish acts a human can commit especially given the fact that he has children. Killing yourself over problems is just a cowards way to get out of it. Taylor has her problems for sure but don't flip the script on her because he chose to out the cowardly way. If she knew about their financial problems and still tried to deal with it, she's got a better repertoire than he does for sure. I'm sorry to be saying such things about the dead, but he made his choice. Most people that die do not use death as a choice.

September 14 2011 at 2:09 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
officebla

who cares

September 13 2011 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to officebla's comment
Win Ter

obviously you do..

September 13 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
LL

If LOVE is NOT worth "fighting for" then what is ? And here's WHY so many relationships are LOST forever, and WHY children become the "collateral damage" and WHY the world has gone into hell in a hen basket; and the finger points at YOU "women" who ( like the Salem Witch Trial wenches) go about your conniving "ways" convincing your female friends that "they will never be alone" and these things ( of love) "are not worth fighting for" and you hapless victims, of this diabolical advice, take it in like a sponge - ( in your times of weakness ) and all of society SUFFERS at the hands of these demon advisors, the same way the world ended up suffering at the hands of the Serpent,.... that Eve allowed into her life !!! ( Though some of these things may only be a "show" a "dramatization" or a "play" the REALITY of it all is that this is what happens every single day, and THIS is what's happened in my life - so I speak from a platform of miserable hell - but nonetheless, one of personal experience of how WOMEN corrupt other WOMEN into setting us all up to fall into the pit at the end !

And it's no wonder that men commit suicide ......

September 13 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LL's comment
xsive318

Wow! Talk about a warped view. It's clear that with your extremely low opinion of women that you're alone. If the woman in your life left you it was more than likely your bible-thumping tirades on the "evilness" of women rather than her friends that made her leave.

September 13 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boogiewiz

just for the record, they filed in 2005 and she had to know about the money problem, because their credit cards were being denied at restaurants.. so she did know an still kept spending

September 13 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
misspastel

When a woman is being abused, as with Taylor, they feel it's their fault. It's not. Taylor's charity was women who are abused but couldn't see it in herself. She was also abused as a child, and I feel that's why last season she kept
asking the other women what their relationship was like. I had a wonderful aunt that was in the same place.
Our family was so supportive of her and wanted her to live with any of her brother's or sisters. What an abuser
does after punches, pushing, knocking teeth out and black and blue marks, they will give the person they abused
roses and profess their love. My aunt constantly went back to him. When he died, my family all said "Good."
Taylor was the victim. She's beautiful, and I like her this season very much because in a way, she is telling
the women. I felt her pain, and to bring up a daughter in that kind of atmosphere, it starts yet another cycle of abuse; another generation. Taylor was miserable and embarrassed to talk about it. There are many women
and even men that are physically and emotionally abused everyday and don't say anything. Prayers for Taylor and
her daughter. Taylor must learn to trust now, and that will take time.

September 13 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
boogiewiz

Just for the record, they had already filed before the program started last year, She knew they had money problems

September 13 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Vicki

Their last name is ARMSTRONG -- not Anderson... Nice reporting...

September 13 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
todd

It's Obvious that She Has To Resort To Plan B....gaining Sympathy from Her Rich Friends, hoping to get some Money out Of Them, Now that Russell's ATM is Empty....OR, go back to flippin' Burgers...that's what I would like to see happen...She Had it Too Good, Long Enough!!! And Obviously, Didn't Appreciate it!! :/

September 13 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to todd's comment
avercos

They will find a rich husband for her. A su cker is born every minute.

September 13 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply