September 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

George Anthony Tells Dr. Phil He Doesn't Believe Caylee Drowned (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Sep 14th 2011 6:30PM
George Anthony on 'Dr. Phil' 'Dr. Phil''s (weekdays, syndicated on CBS) interview with Cindy and George Anthony continued Wednesday, and George gave his thoughts about what he thinks might have happened to his granddaughter Caylee. Specifically, he said he does not believe the theory presented by his daughter's defense team that Caylee may have drowned.

"I don't believe that Caylee drowned," George said. "I just don't believe that. I believe there's something else that happened to her." He went on to say he thinks it's possible that Casey, or someone with her, gave Caylee too much of some substance that caused her to fall asleep and never wake up.

Dr. Phil pressed him for what Caylee might have been given "too much" of. "Possibly some kind of drug or something like that. I mean, there's been speculation about Xanax or whatever it might be," he replied.

He also mentioned chloroform, another theory presented by the prosecution at trial. "We haven't talked about this chloroform thing that was never, ever proven," he said. "That's another reason her and I don't agree on some things. But do I believe she was in, possibly in the back of that car? I do."

George again reiterated his suspicions of the defense's case. "Do I believe the defense, what they were saying that it was an accidental drowning?" he said. "No. Why did it take three years for us to be told that? Why did it take three years? And we were told two weeks or so before the trial was going to get started by the defense."

stenokat

I dont even know how George can stay with Cindy, knowing how she supports her daughter after murdering their grand daughter, not to mention how she racked the whole family. Cindy only hears what she wants to hear. George is an admirable person who had children with a despicable person. Shame on you Cindy...you should be outcast in society forever.

September 15 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra DeForrest

Casey is definately guilty of killing her child without a reasonable doubt in my mind. This mother will have to live with this mistake for the rest of her life. We have all felt overwhelmed with children, but you don't slip them a pill, etc. You hire a babysitter. Her mother was always there for her Caylee's grandmother loved her grand daughter. I'm sure there was another alternative than putting her to sleep forever. Drugs are so prevelant these days. So easy to get you hands on med's. I'm sure she wishes she could turn back the clock, other wise this was done in cold blood. I do not know the mother personally and cannot make a judgemen. Too late and nothing will bring her back. Know way could I live with myself, without feeling sick for what happened everyday of my life. Better not have any children. People like that should have her tubes tied at least for some form of punishment. It's too overwhelming to even think of this barbaric act.

September 15 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dannismith10479

I think as a parent it is hard to believe that your child could do something that horrific! I think her father is living in reality and understands that there was something wrong with Casey, she is a sick monster! She will have to answer for what she has done someday...while this world would be a better place with out Casey, she should have atleast been forced to have a hysterectomy, she does not deserve the right to experience the joy and unconditional love that a child brings!

September 15 2011 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hedibutler

It is far more difficult to believe that a monster capable of killing her own child was formed in your womb and reared under your direct guidance as a mother than just providing the sperm that produced her and knocking heads with her when she accused him of being more "a cop" than "a father" in dealing with her sociopathic and criminal behavior. Thus, the disconnect between Cindy and George Anthony being able to publicly acknowledge that Casey was responsible for Caylee's death.

September 14 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vallontina

I think the mother is very tortured by he death of her grand daughter and about her daughter being guilty of something - even though she wasn't convicted. I think the father is being realistic and looking from a different perspective. He knows Casey had something to do with Caylee's death and is trying to cover it up.

September 14 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
markhelfgott

The whole family are sick bastards.

September 14 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply