October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Did Adam, Porsche or Rachel Win 'Big Brother 13'? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 15th 2011 2:16AM
'Big Brother' season finaleIt went by so fast. It seems like just yesterday Rachel was crying on 'Big Brother' (Wed., 9:30PM ET on CBS) and driving everyone at home and in the house crazy. And now here she is in the finale with probably the best chance of winning between the Final Three. But first, she has to win the last HOH competition!

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

It's been a while since we checked in with the Houseguests, and while we were away, Rachel walked away with the win in Round One of a three-part HOH competition. When it comes to simply hanging onto things, nobody seems able to touch her. Adam gave up quickly, while Porsche hung in there until she was about to hurl.

That put Porsche and Adam head-to-head for the second round, and what a surprise that turned out to be. I think Porsche was going to beat him even if he hadn't thrown his goggles away. She was pushing herself so hard, the poor girl could barely breathe.

That's why I think it's unfair the way people kept saying Porsche wasn't playing this season until Day 52 or whatever. The Golden Key early on forced her out of competitions, and then when she did compete, she came in second place a lot. She may not have won as many as Rachel, but she was right there playing her heart out every chance she got.

In the final round, it came down to guessing what the jury members said by completing their sentences, and neither of the girls did very well. But Rachel got two out of six right, while Porsche got a big old goose egg. It was actually just as impressive to get them all wrong, but it was to no avail.

So Rachel had the choice of eviction, and she evicted Adam, honoring her deal with Porsche. Adam seemed sure he would win if he'd made it to the Final Two, but I don't think he would have against either woman.

As it was, it came down to a 4-3 vote. In the end, the girl we spent most of the summer hating pulled off an unlikely victory and Rachel won it all. She certainly deserved it, as she really pulled herself together after Brendon got booted the second time. She still drives me crazy, but of the Final Three, I can't deny her tenacity.

How much do you bet Porsche is really, really hating that she opened Pandora's Box right about now? And for the record, right after basically admitting that he still hates Daniele, Jeff got the 'America's Favorite' prize.

I do think the producers tampered a bit too much this season, trying to manipulate events as much as they could to keep the veterans around. With 'Survivor' trotting out a pair of veterans again this season, and 'BB13' rebounding in the ratings, I fear this may become an ongoing trend for CBS' reality trio.

It's as if they've got sequel fever like the big movie studios and have no faith anymore that a cast of newbies can generate the ratings. Unfortunately, I think recent seasons of all the shows have proven this to be true, which is why a couple of former 'Survivor's are running 'The Amazing Race' this season as well. This is apparently the new era of reality TV on CBS.

James Miller

Why do they have to bring back ppl from past seasons to pump up ratings. After interviewing hundereds of thousands of people across America who want to be on this show they cant find 14 with any personality. The producers introduced so many idiotic plot twists this season in an effort to gaurantee a veteran to the final two that its obvious what an unfair piece of garbage this show has become. Gee did Rachel's fiance really cast a vote for her in the finale what a shocker. Yeah lets have engaged couples playing against individuals that's fair.

September 17 2011 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie Parks

Rachel really impressed me comparing last season to this one. Yes she did have some hard times but she did win the most competitions and so I'm really proud of her and I wish her and Brendon the best in everything! Go Brenchels!!!!!

September 16 2011 at 4:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
autielove

I really , really don't like that crying, red head, bimbo Rachel I did not want her to win but Porsche made just stupid decisions! DA Pors all u got was 5,000$ and lost a half of Millions DUM ASS!

September 15 2011 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vendittod

WAY TO GO RACHEL YOU FOUGHT AND FOUGHT YOU NOT ONLY DESERVE IT YOU EARNED IT WAY TO GO

September 15 2011 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to vendittod's comment
autielove

WHAT SHE DID'NT START WINNING UNTIL EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY WHO HAD SKILLS GOT VOTED OFF AND SHE IS SUCH A FREAKING BIMBO SHE DON'T DESERVE SHIZNICK IF PORSHCE HAD NOT OPENED Pandor'a box the crying bimbo would have been OUT!

September 15 2011 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidm3825

And you saw how the producers had the final voting order. They thought it would come down to Adam's vote and much to everyone's surprise, Shelley voted for Rachel. It was her vote that gave Rachel the win. I thought she would have voted for Porsche. I don't know how Shelley could show her face to her family after playing the game that she did. She flipped around so much. She hated Rachel during the season and then voted for her.

September 15 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to davidm3825's comment
autielove

Another complete idiot she just walk around lying from day one I know you have to tell some lies but she just lied for unnecessary stuff she's just a liar probably in real life 2. She got on my last damn nerves

September 15 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
samwise246

Porchese, you are beautiful but you are thick as a brick. You just had to go and open Pandora's box and bring the damn duo twist back, then the next time you had the chance to send Rachel packig and you did not do it. You cost yourself $450000. STUPID./

September 15 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bigv3999

Dont Care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I watched most of the season because there was nothing better on. In the final three, I wanted Rachael to win. Now that it is over it was very anti climatic. This show would not survive among the better fall series.

September 15 2011 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blackberry

I'm glad Adam did not win. All he did was float, he couldn't really win a challenge. Got news for you Adam, whoever you were up against in the final, you would of lost! I'm sure your girlfriend is so proud, you slacker!!!!

September 15 2011 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Blackberry's comment
autielove

I don't know, if he was up againt Rachel he might of one, but than again there were some real dummies this season. They all act scared of the BIMBO!

September 15 2011 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Skank. The whole game was set up from the start for some of Grodner's pets to win. Jeff didn't win a prize, that was just the salary she promised him if he returned. I'm done if they bring back old players again next year.

September 15 2011 at 8:50 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to devinmcmusters's comment
tor385

I agree devin, if I never see Brenchael again it'll be too soon.. With all the people out there none of these show's should have to bring back wanna be winner's, one n done!

September 15 2011 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tor385's comment
autielove

oh I like that Brenchael thats a good one, and I agree if I never see them 2 idiots again it will be to soon!

September 15 2011 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down