November 26, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Shannon Refuses to Pose in Lingerie on 'America's Next Top Model' (VIDEO)

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 15th 2011 8:35AM
'ANTM'Shannon Stewart's been on 'America's Next Top Model' (Wed., 9PM ET on The CW) before, and that time around she had to pose in lingerie, which made her feel uncomfortable: "That's not the way I want to be portrayed."

This time around Shannon feels more confident about asserting herself and so she refuses to wear a pair of lace panties for an exterior shoot, opting instead to don a pair of teeny-tiny bikini bottoms.

What's confusing the heck out of photo shoot director Jay Manuel is that she should have been wearing the panties over the bikini bottoms in the first place anyway. "Are you that uncomfortable wearing it on top?" he asks.

But Shannon won't budge. That's who she is, and she'd rather give it all up and go home than do something she's not comfortable with.

pearl

This girl drives me insane. It seems to me that she just wants to appear to have morals, but if she were really concerned about having morals and keeping what should be reserved for her husband private, she shouldn't join a modeling competition. She is in the wrong line of work. So she can show more skin to the entire world as long as it's not lingerie? I respect a woman who wants to keep her body private or just for her spouse, but her being in a modeling competition prancing around in bikinis and next to nothing (um yea, deciding not to wear the lace shorts OVER the same top just shows even more of your ass) contradicts her "morals". She's missing the point. It's not about morals, it's about wanting to APPEAR to have morals. This girl is just a self-righteous idiot, albeit an above-average looking one. If she wants to preach about morals and being conservative, then do something else rather than flaunt your beauty and body to the world.

November 11 2011 at 6:29 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Icy2thetouch

She makes no sense. I think he just wants to stand for anything and be contrary without actually saying anything worthwhile.

September 16 2011 at 3:04 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Donald

This lady is stupid, she'll wear a very tiny bikini to the beach I'm sure but not wear something with more material simply because of the word 'under'. Sorry, but that is simply stupid.

September 15 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Donald's comment
pearl

Yes, it makes me wonder, would she be fine modeling a thong bikini or a white bikini which was see through when wet? Would she rather wear a "swimsuit" that showed her nipples or buttcheeks vs "underwear" that is like granny panty large? So will she not model body shapers that actually cover down to the knees since they are technically undergarments? I don't understand this girl.

November 11 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Daniel

Personally,
I don't want to view this woman wearing a bikini bottoms or panties.....she is shapeless....

September 15 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kristen

i think she had a BLONDE MOMENT this girl is confuse with herself lol

September 15 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
monicaksia

This makes absolutely no sense! I don't respect this woman at all. She's an idiot. Seriously, what are bikinis besides lingerie you swim in? You show just as much skin in a bikini as you would bra and underwear. I hate these girls that want to be high fashion models and refuse to do something as trivial as wear underwear for a shoot. If you want to be a model, you should expect to have to do things like that to get work. It's not like they were asking her to have sex. Maybe she should go model for an Amish catalog then.

September 15 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
chalexiskate

You GO GIRL!!!! Exercise YOUR prerogative!!!! Some of you that posted completely missed it. Panties are Panties and are made to be worn UNDER your garments!!!! Geeezzzzzz

September 15 2011 at 1:32 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chalexiskate's comment
kristijisbel

That's exactly, what Shannon was trying to get across. If underwear and swimsuits are the same, then why don't we all just wear underwear to the pools and save our money ! Geeez... people wake UP!!! They are in no way the same!

November 10 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Fergusonfun

I don't think that she is stupid, nor do I think that she should have thought about what she might wear before coming on the show. I think that she is very courages for taking a stand for not allowing American Top Model to make her commit to doing something that she strongly feel against. That takes courage and I know rather she stays on the show or not. She is a strong woman, and she's know that she will get to the top without lowering her standard. I think that allow of females show be courages like this. Shannon Stewart's you go girl, don't allow anyone to lower your standard for what you believe in about your self, it is not worth it. I see a bright future for you because you won't allow people to change you!

September 15 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
TJan85

Dumb bimbo! The bikini bottoms reveal more than the underwear and it wasn't like they were asking her to wear the panties without the bikini bottoms. If anything, she should've had a problem with the bikini bottoms!!! Morals my a**, your butt is still showing!!!

September 15 2011 at 1:26 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply