December 20, 2014

'Real Housewives' Jill Zarin and Alex McCord Deny They've Been Fired

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 16th 2011 7:30AM
Kelly Bensimon, Alex McCord, Jill ZarinIt's been a drama-filled year off-screen for the various branches of the 'Real Housewives' franchise and now the focus has shifted to the New York cast.

Yesterday we heard of a casting bloodbath, with 'Housewives' Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon, Alex McCord and Cindy Barshop all being pink-slipped.

Now Zarin and McCord have come forward to deny that they've been axed.

McCord told 'The Hollywood Reporter' that "At this stage, I have not been fired. My casting is still in limbo and I expect to hear within the next week."

A rep for Zarin told 'THR' that "Jill is still in discussions with Bravo for Season 5 and no final decisions have been made."

Sources also told 'THR' that the veteran cast members -- plus newcomer Cindy Barshop -- are on the bubble, with their status on the show listed as "undefined" right now. "There has been no change in their casting status on the show other than the fact that it went public."

There's been no official word yet from Bravo on the casting situation. Stay tuned for updates.

Do you think these 'Housewives' should stay or go? Is it time for some new characters on the show?

ppaciucci_2000

Though the New York Housewife show is often funny and ridiculous (i.e., funny) I think that Ms. Zarin is the least attractive of the housewives. She has a repulsive personality and in real life she would not be able to function as a normal individual. She is not representative of any New York housewife (like most of the other cast members, who at least arre more attractive either physically or intellectually).

September 17 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda

Send them on their way except Alex! I turn the channel when Kelly is being featured. She has been a drag for the entire show.

September 17 2011 at 7:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
welcome Annie

Cindy is really had a bad attitude and i can't believe she has a business and why would she want children.I have yet to observe Cindy showing any nurturing or bonding with her children and the father should really monitor her behavior with the children.cindy comes across so defensive and rather rude in all social events.Please Bravo give Jill Zarin a pink slip,she is the worse backstabber and not even aware of how much conflict she causes.Alex is special and we do need a little humor with her facial expressions and hopefully she just needs to be Alex and not try to be a mediator in conflict situations.I was shocked that Kelly was on the last season and it showed that she really needs medicine and extensive therapy.It would be interesting how Luann could be normal with some new housewives and get off the wagon with the fake boyfriend.The man got his fame and was really shocked ,he had been with her that long with the surprise celebration.That scene was a flop except for Ramona and her friend in the bathroom with the false pregnant test.I can't wait for Ramona to get this reading about her hubby and another woman cleared up.

September 17 2011 at 6:18 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
henrybobedajr

These shows have turned my wife into a "Housewives" zombie....Somebody please help!

September 17 2011 at 4:42 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
henrybobedajr

They should all go! All of these gossip-filled,back-biting,brain cell-killing shows should also be taken off the air!
What a complete and utter waste of time they all are!

September 17 2011 at 4:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
karen

It would be so nice not to have to see Jill or Kelly or Cindy ever again but Love Alex. Get rid of Lu Ann!!!!!

September 17 2011 at 4:23 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Martina and Cole

They should get some new people totally--there should be a "term" limit of 2 seasons--then in the third bring new blood in and slowly ex out the old. This should be the format for all the shows--and one main thing--anyone that is on the shows that has "money" issues should be gone. I certainly do not want to hear about someone that was/is (supposedly) rich having money issues then watch them shop and travel and spend money. I am a single mom whose job was eliminated. I am working hard to find a new job, making the salary I was before my job being eliminated due to the economy (I made good money so forget about getting any government assistance--thats I make more too much money getting unemployment and do not have enough money to live). My child support is behind so this week I had 10.00 in checking and a bag of change to get me till next unemployment check. I pay all my bills on time--hence the no money. So these ladies are going to cry that they ONLY get 10k per episode? They should be so rich they do not care about the money. If you want a show about people crying about money--come film at my house. I could live on 10k for a few months!!!

September 17 2011 at 3:48 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Maralyn

I agree with one of the posts that said she loves all the housewives' proramming. It's all so stupid it just makes one forget his/her own problems Personally, I think Jill is great. Ramona and Kelly are both out-to-lumch. Cindy is really boring and LuAnn is a snob, a phony, and very duplicitious. Alex is okay but gets involved in things when she shouldn't. I think they took off Housewifes of Miami and Washington. Both were total bores.

September 17 2011 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Watching their continuous fighting and flaunting can get very tedious after awhile. I say...bring in some new gals, new storiess and less fighting. The Countess can leave also. Since Cindy is a new housewife...give her another year. Time to shake it up.

September 17 2011 at 1:46 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
Jean

If Alex and Ramona go I will no longer watch the show. Kelly who is totally wacko, LuAnn who is so obnoxious, a bore and a snob and Cindy who is boring should go. Kelly is just so out in space and LuAnn, she is something else. She is so phony and her relationship with the new guy looks so fake. ICK. Alex and Ramona are realy. Jill is borderline but she really needs to work on being a better person.

September 17 2011 at 1:41 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply