October 25, 2014

The 2011 Emmy Awards: Memorable Quotes from the Winners and Presenters

by Michael Hogan, posted Sep 18th 2011 10:21PM
Julie BowenHalf the fun of Emmy night is matching the actual winners to your picks -- especially if you picked 'Modern Family' to sweep pretty much every category in the first hour of the show. But the other half is hearing your favorite stars of the small screen get emotional, veer off script and say stuff that's unexpected, or at least unscripted.

There were plenty of surprising twists and turns at the 63rd Emmy Awards, and more than a handful of remarks to remember. From host Jane Lynch's (jokingly) bitter comments about drowning her sorrows in a tub of turkey meatballs to Peter Dinklage's endearingly odd shout out to his dogsitter, the best quotes of the night are right here.

Click through the gallery to read the highlights, and tell us what caught your attention during the broadcast.

beachrn2

I do not watch any TV or movie awards shows, they are a joke, over the top, not real, I could go on and on.!!!

September 19 2011 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freeetob

Somehow I have never been attracted to guys who look as if they had just spent the night sleeping off a drunk in a dumpster. Guess that's why, until this reading, I hadn't a clue as to the existance of this Dinklage person is or what it is he actually supposedly does.

September 19 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to freeetob's comment
liteyr2k

Loosen up, freeetob. Peter is a fine actor and his "look" is part of his ongoing role in Game of Thrones. Watch and you will see what he is all about.

September 19 2011 at 2:44 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
soopershrink

I'll bet its the most honest and sincere thing you're going to hear on this program!!!!

September 19 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Anne

Charlie is a winner...He looks great. Can't say that for his replacement. The hair can stay. He does however need to shave,

September 19 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy

Peter Dinklage is a fine actor - what's wrong with you people? Such crude comments!

September 19 2011 at 1:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Wendy's comment
ljsurf322

I agree...pretty sad people are so quick to judge without checking out exactly what/who it is they are talking about. I just try to take all this negativity and find humor in it all seeing as how this little awards show can rile up so many idiots so easily. Let them bitch :)

September 19 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
clondo1014

Wendy goes to show you they haven't watched " The Game of Thrones". Dinklage is a hell of an actor.

September 19 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freewalk9

I own a small business and part of it involves pet sitting...my "charges' are usually dogs and horses. The people I work for are delighted to have a reliable adult they know will show up every day to clean, groom, provide exercise, whatever needs to be done. He obviously cares about his dog and has found someone he can count on while he is away. I am sure she loved hearing her name called out on the show.

As for those who criticize "the younger generation," I have to laugh. I am getting closer to fifty than I like and I cannot see that the young people now are worse than we were at that age...or than we are now. They have more technology availabe to broadcast their mistakes but I doubt we would have done any better. I know plenty of people in their teens and twenties who are smart, hard-working and just really nice. The world is a tough place right now and I wish them luck.

September 19 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lawrence G

with the attitude Bitches have now days, I to thank my DOG

September 19 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
richman99

It looks like Dinklage must have thanked his dog GROOMER for that stupid looking hair cut!!

What a dork!!

September 19 2011 at 1:24 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
pocha54

His father shoul have shot that load in the sink.

September 19 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pocha54's comment
DANTE fireboy

Sick! you jack off in the sink? Your house is prolly filthy as hell..

September 19 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
joel5160

That guy looks looks like he has a substance abuse problem.

September 19 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply