July 29, 2014

Julianna Margulies Wins Second Emmy

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 18th 2011 11:55PM
Julianna MarguliesJulianna Margulies took home her second Emmy award ever, but first for her role in 'The Good Wife,' at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday night.

Already a SAG and Golden Globe winner for her role as Alicia Florrick, the wife of a disgraced politician who rejoins the workforce to support her kids, Margulies lost the Emmy in 2010 to Kyra Sedgwick.

This year, Margulies beat Kathy Bates, Mariska Hargitay, Connie Britton, Mireille Enos and Elisabeth Moss for the trophy.

This was Margulies' second Emmy win out of a total of eight nominations. She won for her role on 'ER' in 1994.

Her Emmy win wasn't the only reason Margulies is making headlines -- just take a look at that dress.

'The Good Wife' returns to CBS on Sun., Sept. 25, 10PM ET.

MORE EMMY GOODNESS:
*Best & Worst Emmys Fashion Ever

Check out video highlights from the show below:

libertines76

Claire Danes' dress is fantastic. Very cool pattern and different.

September 19 2011 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philogical

I'm sorry that should have stated, "If you are one of the trolls and haters that love to hang out here you will not like anything she does or wears, so get over yourself and accept that a good actress received her due". As you can see I wrote the wrong word, it should have been wears not wares. Thanks for your indulgence and hey, be safe out there.

September 19 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philogical

And now for the reality, Julianna Margulies is probably one of the best at her trade on evening TV. Is her dress the sum total of her being? No, not even. If you are one of the trolls and haters that love to hang out here you will not like anything she does or wares, so get over yourself and accept that a good actress received her due.

September 19 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SANDI

I LOVE Marguiles' dress!

September 19 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonbon

She didn't deserve another emmy and her dress looked like swiss cheese.

September 19 2011 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pfulton39

When I saw this dress all I could think of was "Ladies and gentlemen, please return your tray tables to their upright and locked position"

I'm sooooooooo sick of the wonder woman costume look.

September 19 2011 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wgeryq

Life, we often have to dress and make it look more confident. I recommend go,www /ebibiz -com , you can find many

cheap

and fashion stuff,where I can find my confidence, I want to, you can't miss it, to look for your confidence.

September 19 2011 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mantolama

çok güzel bir http://www.discepheboyamantolama.com bir web stedir veryyy niceeeeee

September 19 2011 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
antebruner

Paltrow looks FAB is fab is a muffin top!

September 19 2011 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dgreccod

It looks like an upside down lamp shade

September 19 2011 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply