November 27, 2014

'Mad Men' Emmy Winning Streak Continues

by Maureen Ryan, posted Sep 18th 2011 11:35PM
'Mad Men' had to watch other dramas take home the acting, directing and writing awards Sunday night, but it still won big at the Emmys.

For the fourth year in a row, the AMC drama took home the Best Drama Emmy, and winning didn't appear to have gotten old for the show's ecstatic cast and producers.

Mad Men cast

Surrounded by dozens of producers, writers and cast members from the show, creator Matthew Weiner said, "Oh my goodness. I did not think that was going to happen."

"We are so grateful to the television academy for recognizing this show again, recognized by our peers. We want to thank the fans of the show, who supported it so wholeheartedly wherever it goes and whatever happens on it," Weiner said.

There have been some controversies in 'Mad Men's' recent past, notably Weiner's fraught job negotiations in the spring and AMC's decision not to air a season of the show in 2011. But the win for 'Mad Men' was much deserved; the show's fourth season was a high-water mark for Don Draper and company. We raise our glasses to the men and women of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.

Now the question is, next year, will 'Mad Men' match 'The West Wing's' streak? That show won five Best Drama Emmys in a row in its heyday. We wouldn't be surprised if 'Mad Men' gave Martin Sheen's White House a run for its money.

Click on the links below for all of AolTV's Emmy coverage, and my full writeup of Sunday's awards ceremony is here.

MORE EMMY GOODNESS:
*Best & Worst Emmys Fashion Ever
*See the full list of Emmy winners
*Jane Lynch's best zingers from the 2011 ceremony

Check out video highlights of the Emmys:

Caroline

What channel is Man Men on anyway - I haven't been able to watch the show
for the past 2 or 3 years.

Is it on HBO - because I don't have hBO.

cAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN IT'S ON???

iI love that show - when it was on regular tv on Sunday nites;
I never missed it. John Hamm is not only gorgeous but he's a
great, great actor.

September 19 2011 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sjvanb

I guess its who pays the most it seems the same shows win over and over again thats why i no longer watch any award shows

September 19 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wgeryq

Life, we often have to dress and make it look more confident. I recommend go,www /ebibiz -com , you can find many

cheap

and fashion stuff,where I can find my confidence, I want to, you can't miss it, to look for your confidence.

September 19 2011 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrzshor

i am still not sure why? is this some sort of inside "joke"?

September 19 2011 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia

My favorite show. All the actors are great and the writers write the best dialogue.

September 19 2011 at 12:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Margery Linn

I see January Jones was a no show with the big belly......thank goodness.

September 19 2011 at 12:50 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Margery Linn's comment
cjcno9

The baby was born on the 15th.

September 19 2011 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hola mitchell

The West Wing only won four in a row: 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003

September 19 2011 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Hola mitchell's comment
jrzshor

and why did that happen?

September 19 2011 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply