September 2, 2014

'All My Children' Online: First Cast Members Announced, What Will Susan Lucci Do?

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 20th 2011 7:30AM
Susan LucciThe lights will go dark for the last time in Pine Valley this week as fans bid a tearful farewell to veteran TV soap 'All My Children.'

However, preparations to relaunch 'AMC' as an online series are gathering steam, and it's been announced that some cast members have agreed to stay with the show when it moves to online production.

Prospect Park, the company that's taking over from ABC in producing 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' issued a statement Monday confirming that Cameron Mathison, who plays Ryan Lavery, and Lindsay Hartley, who plays Dr. Cara Castillo Martin, have agreed deals to join the company's new production of 'All My Children.'

Their deals are still pending subject to a final agreement with actors' union, The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, but Mathison and Hartley are the first confirmed cast members since Prospect Park began planning for 'AMC' to live on in cyberspace.

Many observers are wondering what will sole surviving original 'AMC' cast member Susan Lucci do now? It's been reported that she's already rejected an offer from Prospect Park to reprise her role as Erica Kane online.

Lucci also updated her recently published memoir 'All My Life,' blasting ABC's Brian Frons for cancelling the soap. "I watched Brian Frons' decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country," she wrote.

She is rumored to be eyeing a move to primetime and has been having meetings with TV execs including 'Desperate Housewives' creator Marc Cherry.

Prospect Park is due to announce the start date of the new 'AMC' production in the coming weeks, so we can expect to hear more updates and casting news. Stay tuned for updates.

'All My Children' series finale airs Friday, Sept. 23 on ABC.

afroggy5150

Did michelle obama have something to do with having our soaps takin off? After all she is the one that said Americans need to start eating healthy, and now the Chew has taken over. I won't watch or chew that bull!!!!

May 17 2012 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cherie Berg

I have been watching All My Children and One Life to Live for over 40 years now. My Mother and I use to watch it when I was a child. Now she is gone. The people that were on One Life to Live and all My Children were almost like my family, I grew up watching them. It's makes me sick that ABC replaced them with the with garbage. I have no desire to watch the Chew, I turn the TV off now.

January 18 2012 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Hall

i don't like abc since they cancel all my childern maybe if enough of us quit watching they will continue it

January 11 2012 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Hall

I DON'T EVEN WATCH TV MUCH ANYMORE SINCE THEY TOOK ALL MY CHILDERN OFF ARE THEY STUPID OR WHAT

January 11 2012 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patricia brooks

i have watched all my children for years . can't wait to see it again.
also one life to live. i have missed all my children.
i do agree that you should bring all my children back to television.
we have to many cook shows as it is.

November 19 2011 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janice

I have to agree with everyone else. I have been watching All My Children since I was 14 years old with my mother. I am now44years old and I have enjoyed watching it with my children(even my boys). My grandaughter is 4 and she was now watching AMC with me. She to knows all the carecters already and enjoys the show. AMC was the best show out there. It was so life like, such good acters that it made you feel like you were a part of Pine Valley. I have tried to watch others in the past but they are all so phoney and fake. The world does not need another talk show/cooking. I to refuse to watch The Chew!!!!! Cooking shows belong on the cooking station. Talk shows are a joke!!!! No one wants to watch tv online. Bring back All My Children!!!!!!!!!! Or I hope ABC loses a bundle.

Arizona

November 09 2011 at 2:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rbrady222

Susan can throw her shoes under my bed anytime. Love her!!

October 29 2011 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pprice9748

abc really stinks!! IT. SUCKS NOW!! DON'T WATCH! CLOSE EM DOWN!

October 25 2011 at 12:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
knickmpls

I so agree with the feeling here about cancelling AMC. Another cooking show what a horrible idea when there is an entire network devoted to cooking. The CHEW will never be watch in my home. I am anxious for the online show to return. SHAME ON ABC YOU HAVE MANY UNHAPPY VIEWERS.

October 17 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ladyg771

It was a total shock to that after 40 yrs they decide to cancel a show like AMC. There are so many cooking shows on
that it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't say AMC was my life but, it really was something I enjoyed and looked forward to at the end of my day or week, ( I recorded it). I definately WON'T be recording the CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 14 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply