September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Charlie's Ashes and Walden Schmidt Share Scene on 'Two and a Half Men' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 20th 2011 1:46AM
'Two and a Half Men' - 'Nice to Meet Your, Walden Schmidt'For a brief moment, Charlie Harper and Walden Schmidt shared the screen on the season premiere of 'Two and a Half Men' (Mon., 9PM ET on CBS). It would turn out to be Charlie's last appearance -- sort of -- and Walden's first. Granted, Charlie was ashes at the time.

After quickly moving past the funeral of Charlie, filled with jilted ex-lovers, before the opening credits even began, Alan began the process of moving on. As part of that, he decided to scatter Charlie's ashes on the beach.

Why he took the lid off the urn before he got to the beach was pretty obvious once a soaking wet Ashton Kutcher peeked through the back door. This way we get the sight gag of Charlie's ashes flying through the air as Alan shrieks and throws his arms up.

Enter Walden Schmidt and a whole new tone for the show in its ninth season. In some ways, this felt more like a spin-off series than a continuation of 'Two and a Half Men.' Certainly the relationship between Alan and Walden is familiar and yet entirely different. It remains to be seen how audiences will respond to the new status quo.

lpalladinoj

I knew it was going to be boring, the funeral was funny only because they talked about Charlie, Ashton is boring!!! Bring back Charlie from the dead!!!! He may not have it all together BUT he is a huge talent and I think realizes his mistake, so before it gets so out of hand meet in the middle and patch it up, but bring Charlie back!!!

September 20 2011 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GBroussard

I was so hoping this would be hilarious, but it was dull, really dull and depressing. I will tune in again next week to see if Kutcher's character does more than stand there and look like a wet scarecrow. It's as if the writers sabatoged the show. I guess Charlie Sheen's streak of bad luck had to eventually break, and this show, at least the season opener, did it for him.

September 20 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dsunrisepl

it sucked just as i said weather you like sheen or not he was the star of this show he makes everybody better !!!!

September 20 2011 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NinaJ0421

lame-so lame

September 20 2011 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rdavis0805

Okay, so I missed the first 15 minutes - I had to go to Kmart. But I must say the last 15 minutes sucked. I love love the show (before) and I expected really hilarious stuff. What actually hapapened in the first 15? What happened? Was it funnier than the second half?

September 20 2011 at 8:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rdavis0805

EH.

September 20 2011 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Theresa Weaver

Awwww.... Kelso grew up and got a Jesus haircut. I actually enjoyed the show last night, and I'll tune in against next week. I want to see how this season develops. I just wonder why they chose Walden Schmidt as the character's name. It sounds too much like "Walled In S***."

September 20 2011 at 8:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad D

I heard the plot of how he died weeks ago when it got leaked, and I'll say the same thing now that I did then. I hate how they handled this. Turning Rose in to a psycho "killer" and what not. That's just not funny. I know at least without having a body that they can visually identify means that they can say later that it wasn't really him or something if they somehow want to bring him back in the last episode or something which is more than fine with me, but I don't like the fact that they make Rose out like that. It just seems so cheap. But with no real identifiable body, I picture Charlie tied up somewhere with Rose painting his toe nails or something. I don't picture Rose as a murderer, but I do think she wouldn't mind faking some deaths.

Other than that, I loved the cameos, even though the jokes were kind of cheap.

September 20 2011 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply