October 21, 2014

Was That a 'Dharma & Greg' Reunion on 'Two and a Half Men'? Thomas Gibson Explains

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 21st 2011 9:40AM
Dharma and Greg Reunion'Two and a Half Men' viewers went into a tizzy when Thomas Gibson and Jenna Elfman popped up as potential buyers of Charlie Harper's pad in the Season 9 premiere, seemingly reprising their 'Dharma & Greg' characters. But were they really playing Dharma and Greg?

"I don't think it really was Dharma and Greg," Gibson told AOL TV. "It was a Dharma and Greg-like couple perhaps."

So was it more of a wink at the audience than an actual reunion? Gibson explains the uncertainty: "Well, you see actually because 'Dharma & Greg' was a 20th Century Fox show for ABC and 'Two and a Half Men' is a Warner Bros. show for CBS."

For fans who were worrying Dharma and Greg were no longer a happily married couple, Gibson wants to put those fears to rest. If indeed that was the titular characters, they were just having a bad day.

"I don't think they hate each other, I think they were just having a bad day or maybe even a bad 10 minutes," he said. "They're still together, things could be just fine and they could just be having a very biorhythmically critical day."

So, there you have it, "faux-Dharma & Greg" are doing just fine.

"It was great, it was nice," Gibson said of reuniting with Elfman. "It was a great idea Chuck [Lorre] had and I thought, well, yeah that's actually really, really funny way of burying little secrets in the season opener of 'Two and a Half Men.'"

Watch the cameo appearance here:

sjschapker

Are we supposed to forget that Jenna Elfman had a guest role on Two and a Half Men a couple of years ago, the single mom running from her in-laws, hooks up with Alan?

September 21 2011 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Dharma is one of those wacky Scientologists!

September 21 2011 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

Made me really miss Dharma & Gregg! That was the greatest show,ever! Did anyone else notice that the delivery guy, who brought Charlie's ashes was Greg's friend Pete, from D & G? Liked the new show, but I'm still waiting for the day when Ashton yells "You've been Punked" to Alan. Let's see how long it takes.

September 21 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
musnick1

I found this new episode almost offensive. Lorre really decided to play upon Kutcher who, quite frankly, has no acting skill. Truthfully, parading the gentleman around in the buff was awkward and had no real substance - it was there to entertain a very small sector of the viewing population and wasn’t funny at all. It would have been best for Lorre to either keep Charlie or cut the show all together!

September 21 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Tammy is so hot

they are tv charters. who cares if they are living happily ever after???

September 21 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I thought it was funny....I think that Ashton did a great job and I will be watching

September 21 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lnlrp

I'm sorry but if i want to watch the 70's Show I can watch it on another channel. Lorre really prosituted himself
on this episode. Like someone said," you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig". Hey, maybe on the next show they can have, wait for it, Demi Moore will move in next door.

September 21 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacey

I have never really watched the show, but I tuned in to watch Ashton's debut, and I thought it was great. I loved the nod to Dharma and Greg, plus John Stamos as he had been rumored to replace Charlie as well. I didn't think Ashton's character was "anything at all" like his character on "That 70's show"...He was very much a loveable airhead on 70's and I dont think Walden will be that seeing as how he is a billionaire. Also, its the FIRST episode! His character has not been fully revealed in the 20 minutes or so that I watched, even so, I found him very entertaining and I LOVE the long hair, hope he keeps it, too many men butcher their hair off, while they still have a full head of hair, I say let it grow! At least more than a buzz cut. Anyway, Its easier for me as I have never been a fan of Charlie Sheen's so I will be watching a "new" show for me. I have always liked Jon Cryer and hope the best for him and for Ashton as well, I think he'll do great.

September 21 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply