October 31, 2014

Lifetime Renews 'Drop Dead Diva' for a Fourth Season

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 22nd 2011 6:30PM
Drop Dead DivaLifetime is just as in love with 'Drop Dead Diva' as we are -- and has ordered 13 more episodes of the show to prove it.

The network just announced a fourth season of the dramedy about a ditzy model who dies in a car accident and is sent back to earth in the body of a plus-sized lawyer.

"'Drop Dead Diva' is a signature series for Lifetime that continues to resonate with audiences with its heart and humor," Lifetime president and GM Nancy Dubuc said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. "We are thrilled to bring it back for another season."

The 'DDD' season finale airs Sun., Sept. 25 at 9PM ET on Lifetime. According to the episode description, "When an inmate on death row wants to donate his heart to his dying sister, Kim and Jane provide legal assistance in the case. Meanwhile, Stacy enlists Grayson to defend her against her former lover and co-star, Kim asks Parker to promote her to partner at Harrison & Parker, and Judge Owen Prince invites Jane to spend a year with him in New Zealand on a sailing adventure."

Tell us: Are you excited for more 'Drop Dead Diva'?

jennalt67

Drop Dead Diva use to be my favorite show, but since they put Kim K. on, I won't watch this show anymore....I don't know who Kim K. pays for all of her "appearances" but she ruined this show for me and shame on Lifetime for letting this "nobody" ruiin a great show.

July 02 2012 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kentuckywoman2

Kim Kardashian? You've got to be freaking kidding! Who the hell wants to see any of those so-called wanna be celebrity brats of reality tv on a REAL show? Ya might lose my viewership, Lifetime. Obviously whoever's at your helm isn't steering the boat well.

February 29 2012 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AmanF

Hate Kim all you (we) want - but if those of us who have been watching all along stop now, we might lose the show. And the actors we love will all end up without jobs.

I say, continue to watch the show - just also continue to complain!

And maybe there will be a season 5 - without KIM!!

February 26 2012 at 5:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hh m

she will be on all the episodes--just ruined the show for me

January 30 2012 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hh m

Go to lifetime tv and COMPLAIN about Kim Kar-trashian being on the show...I have cancell my subscription to the network
I suggest everyone else does to. We have to get our point across we DO NOT want to watch Kim K on tv

January 30 2012 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
queenbee33

My friends and I ( ages 29-62) are delighted!!! We love it and watch every episope and wish there were more!!!!

January 13 2012 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brittany

Go ahead and prepare season 5, too... lol :) just sayin..

January 11 2012 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
livm116

My bestfriend and I love this show!!!!

January 02 2012 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
liz

Best Chick Series ever 5stars

January 01 2012 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I love this show!!! I watched all 3 seasons in 4 days!!! I didn't watch it when it aired but I will definitely watch it each week once season 4 airs !!! I can't wait!!!!!

December 25 2011 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply