August 23, 2014

Lifetime Cancels 'Roseanne's Nuts'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 22nd 2011 6:00AM
Roseanne BarrBad news for Presidential wannabe Roseanne Barr and the macadamia nut industry: Lifetime has apparently cancelled 'Roseanne's Nuts' after one season.

Barr took to Twitter to announce the news and thank fans: "Roseanne's Nuts has been cancelled. thanks everyone for watching!" ... "glad you guys loved #roseannesnuts-@Lifetimetv decided not to renew it."

The reality show followed Barr as she tended her 40-acre macadamia nut farm in Hawaii. It launched in July, initially airing Wednesdays nights, but never caught fire in the ratings and was moved to the Death Slot Friday nights. The final episode aired last week.

So what now for Barr? Talking to AOL TV about 'Roseanne's Nuts' back in July, Barr was enthusiastic about farming and using macadamia nuts to create new jobs locally and help solve the global food crisis. She also hinted that she may turn her hand to a one-woman Broadway show.

However, since then she's announced her intention to run for President of the United States. She told Jay Leno that she was "totally serious," and that she'd run as an independent because both parties "suck and they're both a bunch of criminals."

Stay tuned for updates.

Watch a clip from 'Roseanne's Nuts'

Shirley

I can't stand most reality shows...way too non-real but Roseanne's Nuts is so refreshing. It's done so well and I assume that's the director and Roseanne putting it together. Love the reruns. Hope it can come back.

February 06 2013 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Regina

i loved this show

August 29 2012 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Modigliani

Forget TV, Roseanne should just make DVDs and bypass TV all together, nobody cares abouot TV anymore. Next seasons should be filmed for DVDs only.

May 03 2012 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherry Furoy Anderso

I loved the show too,it seems like as soon as you start watching a show and you like it it is gone and that is sad as I looked forward to the show

April 02 2012 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Bentley

i loved this show and its a shame that lifetime didnt re sign. Roseanne should start her own tv channel. luv u girl. i would definately vote roseanne for president. she'd probably kick some congressional A.. Lindabee

February 16 2012 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Megan Randall

miss the show! i love it :(

January 08 2012 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hvbv

ditto on most comment...loved the show..pleeeeze someone renew it again !!!

December 20 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pottymouth2bg

Loved the show we old Crones need a good laugh

December 15 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Bring Roseanne's Nuts Back. She made me laugh til I cried! What is wrong with you TV people???? BRING HER BACK!

November 06 2011 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
12flyer

BRING ROSEANNE BACK!!!!! So many ignorant people do not understand that it is people like her who make us laugh and bring the only stress relief we ever get in life. Roseanne's Nuts brought me the only time in my life lately that could bring me a smile and a laugh, that is a true unselfish blessing and I thank her for it.

Such a shame, I can't believe Lifetime's BIG mistake and selfishness at taking her from us.

October 29 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply