July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'All My Children' Finale: Did Erica Kane Get Shot? (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Sep 23rd 2011 5:15PM

The 'All My Children' finale certainly tried its hardest to give viewers a reason to tune into the series once it moves online. The beloved soap ended with a cliffhanger that hearkened back to the 'Dallas' finale, but instead of "Who shot J.R.?" it was, "Who did J.R. shoot?"

It all happened after Susan Lucci's Erica Kane rejected a marriage proposal from her longtime beau Jackson Montgomery. "I don't want to get married," she said. "As much as I want to be with you, I don't want to rush into some wedding just to reassure you that I'm not going anywhere."

"I wish you the best of luck in L.A., and in the rest of your life, without me," he said, walking out the door.

As Erica pleaded with him to stay and dramatic music played, he delivered a line that referenced 'Gone With the Wind.' "Frankly Erica, I don't give a damn about what you need."

And then the camera panned to the rest of the party, as the shocked cast watched Jackson walk out. J.R. was lurking in the closet, pointing a revolver out the door. As Erica chased after Jackson to win him back, J.R. fired the gun and the screen went black.

Did they kill Erica Kane? If the reports that Lucci rejected Park Place's offer to stay with 'AMC' as it moves online are true, then perhaps the answer is yes.

patnurseaide

No,I don't think they kill erica Kane,because she'll be back,the online version will be a hugh success!!!!!!

October 14 2011 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patnurseaide

Sign on Susan Lucci and Michael Knight I believe online soaps will be a hugh hit!

October 14 2011 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jsoapyc

PLEASE PLEASE BRING AMC BACK. THIS IS SOOOOOO UNFAIR, THE COOKING SHOW SUCKS. I BET THAT SHOW WON'T BE ON THIS SAME TIME NEXT YEAR. WHY NOT AT LEAST LEAVE IT ON SOAP NET.

September 27 2011 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jsoapyc's comment
bumper89@msn.com

YES PLEASE BRING BACK THE SOAPS ON ABC THOSE COOKING SHOWS REALLY SUCK IF i NEEDED LESSONS ON COOKING i'D GO TO COOKING SCHOOL OTHER THEN THAT ALL THE STUFF YOU PUT ON ABC SUCKS

October 26 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wayne Gray

this is wayne's wife. I am truly very sad that AMC is off the air. We don't get cable or dish network or direct tv , we just have an outside antenna, so if it is moved to cable the people who can't afford cable or satellite, won't be able to watch it. I (Lola) have been watching AMC with my mom for years. ever since it came on. When I was home sick it would come on at lunch time and I would watch it with her. When I was working years later in a library that I and a Friend was working together at, She brought her little TV. in and we would listen and sometimes watch it during our lunch our, then we would listen to General Hospital and One Life to Live, after that. We enjoyed it all and got alot of work done. Please bring it back. if not on ABC, than maybe on CBS or NBC. Those are the only channels we can watch. or PBS. So someone out there please bring it back on one of the Local Channels . I didn't know they was taking it off of the air. I tried to watch it every day but sometimes have other things going on. So when I got bits and pieces of the last few programs, When they started bring others back from the dead I know something was going on. Hope it comes back to show the cliffhanger part, Would like to know if
Susan Lucci did get shot.

September 27 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vickisbkkp

I like many of you have watch AMC for 41 years, after school, on my lunch hour, and on Soap Net. I don't think I ever missed a show. The last two days seem so strange not having it to watch as I eat my lunch. I do not like the cooking show, that is not what is suppose to be on ABC, you turn on the Food network if you want to watch someone cook. I just could not believe it ended this way, I was ready for Stuart to come home, and he never did, hopefully it will be on again somewhere. NBC or CBS you should grab this because people would boy cot ABC if you do.

September 27 2011 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenda Dossey

I have watched ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE 41 years and me and my husbands annivarsy was the 23 on that friday THANKS A HOLE HELL OF ALOT for the gift. ABC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLENDA

September 27 2011 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DR.Smith-Battle

Mona
I have watched All My Children since I was 15 years old. I am 56 years old and I am deeply dissappointed inb ABC for its action.
My husband says he is glad. He will be on the couch until further notice.

September 26 2011 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DR.Smith-Battle's comment
bumper89@msn.com

I am to I live in ny and when they take one life to live off I will no longer watch abc day or night so they can put that in thier pipes and smoke it I can asure you the chew really sucks big time

October 26 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
V

I have been watching AMC for the last 36 yrs....Not sure how it will be not able to watch it...Gosh it was horrible @12P when I was not able to see AMC...Any idea on if we can see this show online? Pls share..

September 26 2011 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fanyaofann

I have watched AMC for from the beginning all those years and I still can not believe it is over. all i have now is The Young & The Restless

September 26 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crystalcwabcd

I have watched AMC for 36 years and I still can not believe it is over. I don't understand how some people expected it to end with everyone happy / in love / drama free...I mean we should've known it would be a cliffhanger! I cried at pretty much every episode that played the last week...Stuart coming back was so touching- I am going crazy thinking of who else David has though! I would've liked to see Opals son come back....maybe Caleb too- BUT I was very pleased with how everyones story panned out- I don't know what I am going to do every night @ 7 pm now without watching SoapNet....I just can't believe it ended...so many years just gone... :(

September 25 2011 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to crystalcwabcd's comment
NANANIECE

Hey, Thanks. I AM SOO PISSED OFF THAT THEY PUT THAT DAMN STUPID A-- COOKING SHOW ON. I COULD PUCK!!!!! WE ALL NEED TO START SOME KIND OF PETITION TO GET AMC BACK ON THE AIR!!! ALL OF US TOGETHER COULD DO IT!!!!! HELL WITH THAT PANSY A-- CORP. SUIT & TIE. HE KNOWS NOTHING. HE PROBALLY JUST GOT OUT OF COLLEGE???? STILL WET BEHIND THE EARS. IDIOT!!!!!!

September 26 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply