July 24, 2014

EXCLUSIVE 'Sister Wives' Sneak Peek: Are the Kids All Right?

by Maggie Furlong, posted Sep 23rd 2011 12:00PM
TLC's 'Sister Wives'TLC's 'Sister Wives' is back -- but all is not well with the first family of TV polygamy.

The Browns are having a tough time adjusting to their new life in Las Vegas. I mean, a move is hard for any family, but multiply that by 16 kids (with a 17th on the way) and four wives, and Kody Brown has got his hands full.

But there is that good news to share: In the season premiere, Robyn finally tells the family that she's pregnant with her and Kody's first biological child together. But will another kid add more tension?

Watch our exclusive sneak peek of the new season (premieres Sun., Sept. 25, 9PM ET on TLC) and tell us what you think.

Tell us: Are you excited for more 'Sister Wives'?

charris44

Correction...in the last sentence, Brown's should not be possessive...it should just be spelled 'Browns'.

September 29 2011 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charris44

I've found the show interesting. Though I don't particularly agree with the lifestyle, in this day of multiple births, illegitimate births by the gazillions with no available financial support, personal responsibility, and certainly no moral responsibility, I don't see why the Brown's should be hounded by law enforcement in Utah or anywhere else. As for the ridicule or negativity from others outside of their faith, they must expect those reactions, whether right or wrong. Certainly they have a right to live wherever they want, and when in Utah they seemed to be happy as a family and financially capable of taking care of themselves. I've never heard anything about public assistance or taxpayer monies being given to them. As for morals, their children seem every bit as well adjusted and well grounded as any average family...well, probably more so when you consider the sad state of 'the family unit' we see more often than not now. Over the last 30 years at least, we've seen the steady decline and disintegration of personal morals, responsibility, and values that are ruining our cultural, societal, historical, and national values and ethics. If the Brown's can impart strong morals, ethics, and responsibility to their brood, more power to them!

September 29 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SanDiegoChik

TODebbi/Tony...you ask another person if they know how to spell...you aren't exactly correct in your spelling either...you said do they even "here" what the kids are saying..the proper word/spelling is "hear"....and the other lady meant to say suckle at the "teet" of tax dollars, not "feet". Before you say anything to others, make certain you are correct in your own spelling!

September 26 2011 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to SanDiegoChik's comment
xpstg1

Oh excuse me SanDiegoChik...I can say and spell what and how I prefer to and don't need you to tell me any different. Suckle
-a. To cause or allow to take milk at the breast or udder; nurse.
b. To take milk at the breast or udder of.
2. To take in as sustenance; have as nourishment.
3. To nourish as if with the milk of the breast; nurture

And it is TEAT not TEET. So sounds like everyone has a problem with spelling. The point is that they are not living the life GOD prefers humans to live. SO, HEAR WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING.... Is that better MS. SANDIEGOCHIK?

September 26 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
i hate cops

well..I think its sad they have exposed thier kids to this kind of life style..its obvious after wathing the new season tonight that some of the kids, especially the teens are having a hard time. and how can they expect to be welcomed by a traditional church when they are poligmists? It doesnt work that way. I think they are in for a rougher time and eventually the fat blond will leave..she seems very discontent with everything. I would like to know where they get he thousands and thousands of dollars a month it takes to rent for homes, feed and clothe all those kids plus all the other expenses? I am guessing he has some scret in heritance? he deosnt make enoiugh money to pull this off so I would love to kn ow where they get their money.

September 25 2011 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to i hate cops's comment
wmichalek

Usually child support, welfare, and other goernment benefits.

September 25 2011 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nanimy3

Yes, I enjoy hearing about the "Sister Wives." Just don't show me any more of Kate Gossling.

September 25 2011 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mindy

Hunter is acting like an adolescent, but couple that with having a poligamist family, and moving away from all his friends, it only serves to create more frustration for the kid. My Son spent an entire summer and most of one school year in his room. He didn't want to go out, or even talk on the phone. He just wanted to hide himself away. As worried as I was for his emotional health, I made sure that I kept the line of communication open with him, but I told him that as long as I was satisfied that he was okay, I wouldn't bug him about it. He just wanted to be left alone, and sit around in his PJ's and watch movies or read. Hunter will be okay-give him the space he needs, and just remind him now and then how much he is loved. The rest will work itself out.

September 25 2011 at 10:09 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mindy's comment
Debbie / Tony

Really, he is acting like any normal kid would act when your thrown into a ****** up situation with a bunch of inconsiderate, selfcentered, dumb a.., low self-esteem, and mr. I want to fu-- four different women. He does not have that much interaction with those children and we all have seen it and know it. So, Utah needs to prosecute these people because 1. they have broke the law, 2. they are screwing these childrens lives up, 3. it should be against the law for a man to have four women support him. Then Christine's response to one of the teenagers saying "I don't think I want to live this type of life style" by saying if my kids don't want to live this life style then I feel like I did something wrong. Is she fuc--- in the head or what. Any person that is ok with this **** is no better than them. PERIOD... I feel for these children and then top it off the dumbest out of all the women is now bringing another one of mr. I need to fuc- four women kids into the world to be ridiculed and will be messed up. If I were Robyns ex-husband I would take those kids away from her. He could do it to. If he don't, then he is as screwed up as they are. She only got pregnant with this kid so she could fit in with all the other ones. UH DUH..

September 26 2011 at 4:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I enjoy the show very much, have been watching old shows all day. I persoanlly do not see why they can't be left alone and live their lives as they wish...who are they hurting?

September 25 2011 at 10:08 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Barbara's comment
Debbie / Tony

Who are they hurting??? Are you smoking crack???? Have you seen the childrens reactions and here what they are saying???? You are not a smart woman. Personnally, you need to learn how to spell for one, and then you must be living the same type of life they are living if you see no wrong in this situation.

September 26 2011 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trigarn2

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm <---------------------------The 613 commandments of moses

September 25 2011 at 10:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
trigarn2

I know you christians dont know that moses was given 613 commandments , not 10 like the childmolesting roman catholic church says, and in the 613 commandments its ok to have up to 4 wives as long as they are not blood related, The united states follows the nasty childmolesting christian religion , I know the western religion likes to control the jewish old Testiment , The 10 commandments is the law as the 613 commandments is the law , The god of isreal gave moses the 613 commandments ,and man gave the 10 commandments because he was to lazy to follow the 613 commandments .

September 25 2011 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bheckel169

As long as there are those (and apparently more as the media pushes the agenda) who support gay marriage as normal, how can we censure this family? Plural marriage has been around far longer than the puritanical constraints placed on marriage by Christians. As long as they don't suckle at the teet of my tax dollar, I have no problem with their lifestyle.

September 25 2011 at 10:00 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to bheckel169's comment
wmichalek

Because usually the older wives are "divorced" and drawing child support. from the county and or state. Why can't you just admit that some things are just wrong?

September 25 2011 at 10:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie / Tony

Well bheckel169, sorry to say but they are suckling at the feet of all of our tax dollars. Don't you get it??? AS of now, I don't know if any of them are working. So, I am sure they are all on foodstamps and medicald... So, what do you think that is?? The government is paying their way in certain ways and we the people have to pay for that. Really, is KODY a man or a pervert that can't pay for his own way??? Think about it.

September 26 2011 at 4:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply