August 30, 2014

Nancy Grace Talks 'Dancing With the Stars' Nerves and Weight Loss

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 26th 2011 6:15AM
Nancy GraceBy now so many celebrities have praised the health benefits of competing on 'Dancing With the Stars' that it can surely be only a matter of time before it's launched as an official weight loss and fitness program.

Season 13 contestant Chaz Bono's already reportedly shed a few pounds since rehearsals started, and now Nancy Grace says she's also slimming down.

She told 'People' that "I've inadvertently lost 10 lbs. on the I'm-too-tired-to-eat diet. ... By the time I get the children ready for school, then practice and then come home, I'm like exhausted."

Grace also said her pre-dance nerves "are much, much worse. I'm a fish out of water on the dance floor. It's a lot more nerve-wracking than trying a murder case."

Last week, the judges awarded Grace and her pro dance partner Tristan MacManus 16 points for their Cha-Cha. Having survived Week 1 Grace says her primary goal is to stay on the show for as long as possible. "I wanted there to be many, many nights of me dancing onstage for the twins to one day look back and go, 'Look at Mommy,' not 'Mommy got thrown off,'" she said.

However, the former prosecutor also has another goal -- to inspire her fellow working moms. "There are a lot of women out there who are like me -- they work all day and take care of their children. And if they are like me, you don't always have the best self image or are in work mode all the time. I would like to send the message to them that they can follow their dream and believe, which is hard sometimes."

Can Grace stay the course and represent working moms all the way to the finals? Stay tuned for updates.

'Dancing With the Stars' Season 13 airs Mondays and Tuesdays, 8PM ET on ABC.

Liz's computer

This reply is intended for anyone making nasty remarks about Nancy Grace. First of all it is very clear you are full to the hilt with jealousy. You should be so lucky to have her personality, money,looks and wait for it..................smarts.
I know America is supposed to be the land of free speach but come on now surely your mummy told you if you cannot say anything nice to keep your big mouth shut. Some of you have no class...willing to bet you flipburgers for a living....now be good boys and girls and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 27 2011 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Liz's computer's comment
Sultry

Are you serious? A person would have to want to be a Munchkin that looked like a bad outcome of transgender to be jealous of Nancy Grace.

September 30 2011 at 7:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sultry

10 pounds or 20 down, She still looks like a man on steriods.

September 26 2011 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

Good for her. 10 down and about 80 more to go.

September 26 2011 at 7:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
suzannesiedbandgross

Sorry for the typo error. I meant to say " I am now watching what used to be Court TV.

September 26 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ivoteabo

I like Chazand Nancy , I think they are both brave !!!!And think they are doing a pretty good job at dancing!

September 26 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
suzannesiedbandgross

I love Nancy Grace. I think she is one hell of a lawyer. If I ever got into trouble I would NOT want to have prosecute me! She danced great for the first night. Keep going and I will keep watching. I love Dancing with the Stars.
One more comment. I miss All My Children more then you will know or understand. Iamnot watching What used to be Court TV. The trial of Michael Jackson's doctor is starting and it keeps me from crying about AMC. You don't know what you have done ABC by taking away one of america's favorite TV soap.
Suzanne from Juneau

September 26 2011 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ivoteabo

I like Nancy , She loves her children , I see nothing wrong with that , She is happy with her life nothing wrong with that either! And if you dont like her , you dont have to watch her, thats what I do with people on TV I dont like!

September 26 2011 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ivoteabo's comment
Laura

Jealous much? Don't trip over your hate, you might hurt yourself.

September 27 2011 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura's comment
Laura

dang replied to wrong comment LMAO meant for Moguns (shakes my head)

September 27 2011 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
piqueaboo

She's got my vote. Anyone but Arquette.

September 26 2011 at 6:37 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
koos458

I don't like her either, but ballroom dancing will kick your butt.

September 26 2011 at 6:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
MOGUNS

fat bitch can't dance, a real dumb lawyer and a terrible tv host, and cries everytime she talks about her twins. by the looks of her, I say the twins were still inside the fat butt of a woman. yuck!!!!!

September 26 2011 at 5:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to MOGUNS's comment
Laura

Jealous much? Don't trip over your hate, you might hurt yourself.

September 27 2011 at 2:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
braveandruw25

You must be white trash or worse an uneducated colored person. Take a look at Nancy's legal

career and prosecution record. That is if you can read and take time out from riding your

tricycle around with your hoochie mama on the back

September 28 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply