September 2, 2014

Lifetime Renews 'Dance Moms'

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 27th 2011 2:30PM
Dance MomsThe kids will keep on dancing for another season. Lifetime has renewed its reality hit 'Dance Moms' for 13 new episodes.

The show follows dance instructor Abby Lee Miller, her students, their mothers and all the drama that comes with the dance competitions they enter.

"From Abby Lee Miller's intensity and her students' incredible performances to their devoted moms and its high drama, 'Dance Moms' has become one of the most compelling shows on television," Nancy Dubuc, president and general manager of Lifetime Networks, said in a statement. "It has struck a clear chord, hooking in die-hard fans clamoring for more, and we're excited to bring 'Dance Moms' back for them."

Over the last four weeks, the series has averaged 1.6 million viewers -- a solid number for Lifetime.

The show's first season comes to a close on Wed., Oct. 5 at 10PM ET.

real

THE SONG ON EPISODE 9 FOR THE DANCE MOMS ROUTINE "SINFUL" IS BY LILI ROQUELIN "RENEW"

September 28 2011 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to real's comment
real

September 28 2011 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anakins_mom

WHY?!?!? I have to change the channel when the commercial comes on.

September 27 2011 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lsgiff

I've been a dancer since I was 4. I would love to see a reality show about a real dance studio that showcases the dancers and not their bipolar mothers. Where are the dance DADS? We had lots in my school.

September 27 2011 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

They may as well remove Lifetime from my DirecTV subscription. Geez. When did we get this desperate for something to watch?

September 27 2011 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debracolona1

WHY MUST LIFE TIME MAKE US SUFFER WITH THIS CRAPE? THEY USE TO HAVE GOOD SHOWS ON IT

September 27 2011 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

There is no such thing as reality TV. Even the news is scripted.

September 27 2011 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ntweety7777

that show sucks.

September 27 2011 at 10:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

I admit it...I'm addicted to "Dance Moms," and I'm thrilled it's been renewed! I took ballet lessons from the age of 5 to 17, when a fall tore my achilles tendon and dashed my dance dreams (just as I had passed my audition with the Pennsylvania Ballet). My teacher until that time was exactly like "Miss Abby," only my teacher used to wack you with a cane until you achieved the proper turnout. Unless you're involved in dance, you can't truly appreciate how 'real' this reality show is! Thanks, Lifetime!

September 27 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debi713

I used to watch Lifetime all the time for the movies but all they do now is show reality shows and shows that have been cancled from other stations, what is happening to you. I am so glad you have renewed Drop Dead Diva and can't wait for Army Wives to return but why don't you get back to what got you where you are, great television watching. Dance Moms is sickening, you have this overweight wanna be being an ugly person to everyone and the mothers thinking thier daughters are the best, please, these little girls are so in it for an upset in the future when it doesn't work out for them, now that it is reality.

September 27 2011 at 9:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to debi713's comment
Carly O

I disagree. Lifetime movies are one sickening victim movie after another. No woman happy until some guy is dead. I did take the time to watch The Other Woman, based upon the Joy Fielding book, which I loved. The story was unrecognizable, in typical Lifetime fashion. What a disappointment.

Dance Moms is very entertaining to me. I can see why some people would not like it, and the best thing is the way those young ladies seem relatively unaffected by their crazy moms. I think Abby is doing well by them, and I hope the dancers continue to be as sweet and supportive of each other as they are.

September 29 2011 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lbsurfettes

And this show is better than Rosanne's Nuts????

September 27 2011 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply