October 22, 2014

Patti Stanger Tries to Clairfy Anti-Gay Comments

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 27th 2011 3:30PM
Patti StangerPatti Stanger's media tour continues, but she's not exactly cleaning up her anti-gay mess.

In an appearance on HLN's 'The Joy Behar Show,' the 'Millionaire Matchmaker' tried to clarify the statements she made on 'Watch What Happens Live,' but only seemed to reiterate them.

"For five years I have put gay dating on the map," Stanger said. "Nobody else ever did this. There was no Logo then. I did the No H8 campaign, I was an advocate for gay marriage. I stood up there for my gay friends -- I have more gay friends than Carter has pills."

However, Stanger says there is no way to force gay men into monogamous relationships, especially in Los Angeles. "I'm trying to curb them," she told Behar.

It's not the same with lesbians though, Stanger said. "This is not the lesbian. They get involved, move in together. They're quiet, they're at peace."

Still, Stanger seems to stand by her comments about gay men not being able to be in a monogamous relationship.

"But the gay man, they whip it out at eye lock! They get involved, and then find out later whether or not they want a serious relationship," Stanger said. "And I hope they use the privilege in New York of gay marriage because they have it. A lot of gays aren't getting married!"

In the segment that airs on Tues., Sept. 27, Behar was quick to point out that Stanger offended people by making seemingly saying all gay men can't be monogamous.

"I am so sorry," Stanger said in a statement. "I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments last night on 'Watch What Happens Live.'"

plstiemeup

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY, DON'T LISTEN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER DON'T WATCH. PEOPLE SAY STUFF THAT THEY SHOULD'T ALL THE TIME. PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL THE HELL OUT & STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO SERIOUS.

September 29 2011 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raymond

Who CARES!!! The 90's sitcom "Will & Grace" said anything they wanted about gay folks. Now we all have to be P.C. when refering to gay people.........P L E A S E! I will not walk on eggshells for the gay community, they are way more sensitive then the black community, and they did'nt endure close to what they did. I hope I dont get arrested for this post.

September 28 2011 at 8:55 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Mr Bretz

I have to introduce her to my two gay friends who are going to celebrate their 40th anniversary this year. She was 10 when they got together. I guess there is no chance she will ever have that long of a term relationship.

September 28 2011 at 8:40 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Calvin

Dear Melanie, What a huge idiot you are! You think people should be able to say what ever is on their mind. Hmmm, please describe yourself to me so I can say what I think about who you are. I want to share my thoughts with your boss, children (if u have any) and everyone you know. Then you can spend time trying to convince them that what I said about you isn't true. I am sure you believe that because they know you they couldn't possibly believe me, someone they don't know. But I am sure one of these people will wonder if something I say might be true. Patti should spend her time trying to get someone to date her even though she has a huge head. She went in the right business and I suspect she did it recognizing it would be no easy task getting herself a man.

September 28 2011 at 8:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dakota

Well this gay man has been in a mongamous relationship with the same partner for 27 years, and I have gay friends who have been in 32 and 35 yr. relationships. Her over-generalization is alarming. Matter of fact I know more gay people in long term relationships than straight.

September 28 2011 at 4:03 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dakota's comment
Raymond

Remember, she is only 1 person. Not many people putmuch into what she says. She is basing her comments on her "gay friends" If she even has any.

September 28 2011 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J.B.

It is perversely humorous when libs forget how intolerant their lib brethern are. She got to full of herself and forgot to dot the ideological I 's and cross the ideological T 's. Even minor public success is intoxicating enough to cause you to forget the rules imposed and enforced by the, "in crowd".

September 28 2011 at 2:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Melanie

OMG people, SHUT UP!!! I am so sick of everyone having to walk on egg shells because their opinions are not what you want them to be. Get over yourselves!! She has the right to say and do what she wants just like you do.

September 28 2011 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Melanie's comment
Eric Jeffrey

Yes, and people have the right to be offended and speak back and call for her to be fired. She certainly has the right to say what she thinks (doing can be more limited), but she has to recognize there are consequences. I have the right to say bad things about the place where I work, or things that hurt its reputation, but if I do so, I should expect to be fired. If I went on national TV and made similar comments stereotyping gays (or blacks or women or christians), I guarantee you that I would be out of a job the next morning, because that is not the image that my company wants to project. The First Amendment, in case you are interested, only protects you from action by the Government, not private companies or persons.

September 28 2011 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snowhtnotqqn

maybe she did it to look for some publiticy..she was also on Days of Our Lives and looked really out of place there, if she was trying to act she better not quit her day job..

September 28 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jimmyaj451

When will this goldigger bitch be gone? Please, soon...

September 28 2011 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jimmyaj451's comment
Raymond

When you stop paying attention to her, and dignifying her comments with your response.

September 28 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
The Mama

I agree with you Bob! There are so many people (too many to enumerate at this time) who feel that everyone and everything needs to revolve around them and their particular issues. Adults should keep their preferences private - I don't want to see gays, lesbians or straight people groping or kissing each other in public, on television etc. Let's get back to common sense and respect for one another.

September 28 2011 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply