April 20, 2014

Prospect Park Announces New Home for 'All My Children' & 'One Life to Live'

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 27th 2011 12:50PM
All My ChildrenProspect Park has announced the new home for 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live': The Online Network, TOLN for short.

TOLN is currently set for launch in January 2012, which confirms soap fans will have to wait another couple of months for the return of 'All My Children.' When it debuts, 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' will be the tent-pole programs, with other first-run shows in the comedy, drama and scripted genres joining the two soaps.

"We are creating TOLN to conveniently deliver fans of quality television long form programming anytime and anywhere," Prospect Park founders Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz said in a statement.

"With broadband availability in 70 percent of US households and the proliferation of internet enabled televisions, DVRs and wireless devices, ultimately we believe that online distribution provides the best platform to access 30 and 60 minute entertainment content," they said. "The viewer response to the shows we have licensed has been tremendous, and we have much more in development to appeal to a broad audience base."

'All My Children' left ABC with a bang on Sept. 23. Viewers will have to wait until early 2012 to find out who was shot. So far Cameron Mathison and Lindsay Hartley have signed on to appear when 'AMC' debuts. Still no official word from Susan Lucci.

Erika Slezak, Michael Easton, Ted King and Kassie DePaiva have signed to stay with 'One Life to Live' when the soap moves online. Additionally, 'One Life to Live' executive producer Frank Valentini will move online with the series.

Viewers can access TOLN at www.TOLN.com and www.theonlinenetwork.com.

ntishka

Hallaleulla, aboout timee. Been in mourning ever siince one life & all my children left tv and deserted all of us fans.

May 07 2013 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna Ashby

I am so glad to read the info about amc. You are correct about the Chew!!!! My husband even said it was stupid and he wouldn't watch it. I hope you can do something for the Canadian people.
I will be looking forward to my show in Jan 12'.

October 29 2011 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tracyd

I miss AMC terribly, I wouldn't watch that asinine "Chew" if it were the only thing on all channels!

October 08 2011 at 4:21 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
brooklynngracene

i have been watching amc/oltl for many years, i was so mad that abc cancelled them,but am very glad that propect park had bought them,and that for many will be happy for it to contuie,once one life to live is off of abc, i will no longer wacth the network.... and i think the chew is very stupid we have enough food networks on cable... i don't think it will last,,{the chew}that is.and as many say i don't want to watch online,,, well don't people sit on the computer on facebook,or twitter for hours.any place like hulu places like these, and i am sure it will be easy to log on to. most people now a day's are well with computers except the older people,, or ones that don't have computers...

September 30 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Misty

I tried ti enter my age in all diferent waysand it won't. Work ( on the toln web site) HELP

September 28 2011 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
: Ðan

I suppose us Canadians will get this message when we try to watch online - "sorry due to your geographical location this content is unavailable to you" :( so both soaps are truly over for us but I am already getting into The Days of our Lives and The Bold and the Beautiful so I have my replacement soaps L0L.

September 27 2011 at 8:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ðan Sauvé

September 27 2011 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
albokay

They better make this available to devices that have stuff like netflix and hulu or they will not be able to keep users. A lot of people either dont have the knowledge to access sites like this or have the interest of watching an hour show on a computer screen.

I wish they would cut a deal with netflix or hulu to stream the shows thru them as well. This needs to be easy to access because your core fan base may not be very computer inclined. These shows have fans from 40 years ago. TV was around then, /home computers/internet wasnt.

September 27 2011 at 6:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
amyrankin40

oooooooohh!! i pray time FLY'S!!! I MISS THE SHOW ALL MY CHILDERN ALREADY!! Will i be able to watch on my laptop when i get home after 3 pm? thank ya very much for airing our soaps for us.some of us grew up on AMC AND OLTL AND ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT THE CANCEL OF OUR SHOWS. But ,Thanks to ya'll life will be great again.

September 27 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Teri

Thank you very much for saving these programs I already miss All My Children.

September 27 2011 at 2:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply