October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Amber Walks Off Stage During 'Teen Mom' Reunion Special (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 28th 2011 5:00AM
Tonya & Amber Portwood, 'Teen Mom'Some wounds are apparently still too raw, and clearly Amber Portwood has yet to work through her emotions about the death of her sister. On the 'Teen Mom' (Tue., 10PM ET on MTV) special, Dr. Drew brought the tragedy up again as a talking point.

He'd tried before to talk to Amber about it, but she wasn't able to, so instead he tried to get her mother Tonya to open up a little about the incident that happened when Amber was six years old on the reunion show.

But when Tonya started telling the story about how she found her daughter's body in her crib, Amber was so overwhelmed with emotion that she walked off the stage, where we could hear her crying.

Why doesn't someone get this family into counseling so Amber can learn how to properly cope with the loss of her sister and move on with her own life? Doesn't Dr. Drew know some people that can get her the help she needs?

ashie!!

Ok people are saying that Amber couldn't remember her sister dying when she was 4. It was a traumatic event! I remember my nanny being carried out of house on a stretcher after having a stroke and I was barely 3. I also remember my aunt in hospital hooked up to all those machines when I was just gone 4. I'm 19 now so I know these things stick with you forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any excuse for her to be acting like an absolute idiot most of the time, but give her a break. Events like a family members death or whatever stick with you for a long long time, no matter what age you were when it happened. . .

November 29 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
glamity58

I agree with raegrant5. This show is pathetic. I watched it with my child and couldn't believe it. They've making money off their mistakes and the kids are in the middle. Amber shouldn't be raising a child. I fear for that child's future with her. Gary is better if you have to choose. I can't believe she'd break down this much at the death of her infant sister, but I haven't experienced a tragedy like that.

September 29 2011 at 12:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Win Ter

I'm sorry But I've given this girl plenty of chances to change my mind on her character and she's bombed every time- I dislike her and I dislike how she faces dilemmas in life, who raised her? If her mother raised her, something tells me that her mom didn't do such a great job with her.. that aside, I really feel like these people have such intense internal personal problems that even Dr. P can't help them! Yikesssssss to be them, talk about major issues on top of more major issues! NOT GOOD!

September 28 2011 at 11:20 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
kamentime2

This Chick has serious ISSUES!

September 28 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
weepingsoul

I think the people are prompt to do certain things, like cry on cue. That always gets the audience to go nuts. The people in the audience are just freaks, wanting every gory details of one live. I do agree with cblair540 she really wouldn't remember all that much or probably even care. Being 4 is playing with dolls or being with the kids next door, not the life or death of a baby. If she does remember she should seek a counslor.

September 28 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cblair540

Amber was only 4 years old when her 2 1/2 WEEK OLD sister died. Come on, I think Amber is playing this up way too much. How much could she really remember from the 2 weeks she knew her??

September 28 2011 at 3:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cblair540's comment
tdrobinson2010

I don't think it really matters how old she was to remember something tragic like that. Most of the negative things stand out from your child hood anyway if you don't remember anything else. It effected her parents and in result effected her too. I'm sure it took her mother a long time to cope with what happened, and Amber says she grew up in a hostile environment, her father was always angry. But I don't believe her tears. I understand her sister died, but to me every time she cries it looks so fake.

September 28 2011 at 4:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
VMP3080

The mother is a low low life tramp. What happened, happened and there is NO FIXING IT!!! Counsseling makes it worse!!! Stay the hell away from the ***** Amber!!! She is no good!

September 28 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
talieferoargee

That's easy to figure out. It's not about therapy. It's about entertainment. Seeing someone break down on camera is great for ratings.

September 28 2011 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gloria

Shame on you Dr. Drew! Those two women were in terrible pain. How could you ask for details
of a thing like that? Bad enough for you to talk about it in front of them!

gloria/ Arizona

September 28 2011 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donna

o come on the child was what maybe a year old and she is what 18 this isnt effecting here she just trying to use it to make her self look human not like the pig she is she's a bit*h she fuc*'s ever stray dog out there gary should run not walk awy from her not that he's much better looking just a better person and an even better person of he just left the scank alone

September 28 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply