September 21, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Watch the First 5 Minutes of 'American Horror Story' Here (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Sep 30th 2011 11:00AM
'American Horror Story' on FX'American Horror Story' is one of the weirdest, creepiest, genuinely jump-out-of-your-seat frightening TV shows we've ever seen.

From the minds of Ryan Murphy (of 'Nip/Tuck' fame) and his 'Glee' co-creator Brad Falchuk, 'American Horror Story' has been stamped with the "psychosexual thriller" genre thanks to the many murders, inexplicable phenomena and haunted happenings in the Harmon family's new L.A. home.

But you don't have to wait until the show premieres (Wed., Oct. 5, 10PM ET on FX) to see what I'm talking about -- AOL TV's got the first five minutes of the premiere exclusively for you right here.

Stars Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy are nowhere to be found in this video though. Rather, the series kicks off with a set of young twins in 1978 being warned that the house doesn't take kindly to intruders. A dead animal and some body parts in jars later, and the twins learn the lesson that the Harmons will have to learn again and again in present day: People who go into that house don't tend to come back out.

Check out the video and tell us what you think in the comments. Will you watch 'American Horror Story'?

pinkster88

I thought the previews looked amazing but I thought I wasn’t going to like it because a lot of shows do post the best part of the TV show in the commercials but I didn’t get that impression from this show. It gave me everything I wanted and within the first 10 minutes, I loved it. I’ve been raving about the show and I know DIRECTV customers are upset about it because they aren’t able to watch it due to the FOX contract negotiations. I know exactly how it feels because I was a DISH employee and customer when this happened last year and it’s torture. Thankfully, DISH and FOX were able to come to a long term agreement that allowed me to keep all of my channels without paying an arm and a leg for them.

October 26 2011 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Grainer

watched the premiere on October 5th ...
Amazing to see that the networks are coming out of their shells on what they allow the viewers to decide to watch.
I will continue to watch this very strange new television series without alcoholic beverages, seeing as I do love a good thriller. 2 thumbs up to the networks for pushing boundaries, finally !!

October 07 2011 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
imessner2010

where's my other seven seconds??? LIARS!!!!

October 06 2011 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annetta

Definitely going to watch it. Great 5 minutes!

October 05 2011 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Traci

These shows always look good including this one... I just hope it stays that way and its not a let down like most.. I took tonight off from work to watch it

October 05 2011 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
piggee24

oh yes!! Totally gonna watch it.

October 04 2011 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jennifer

The clip looks good I hope it stays that way.

October 04 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vkyblueys@aol.

Yes i will be watching it as i love horror and hope those 2 boys get whats comeing to them. As don't like what they called the little girl trying to save there lives. hope its real gorey as i love that.

October 04 2011 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole Owens

Looks promising. Let's hope it lives up to the first 5 mins.

October 04 2011 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply