July 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jimmy Walker & Bern Nadette Stanis Have Mini 'Good Times' Reunion on 'The View' (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Sep 30th 2011 6:30PM
'Kid Dy-no-mite!' Jimmy Walker and his former 'Good Times' co-star Bern Nadette Stanis stopped by 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) for a mini-reunion. The two played brother and sister J.J. and Thelma Evans in the Norman Lear sitcom from 1974 to 1979.

Walker is still doing stand-up comedy after all these years, telling Joy Behar, "I've been on the road since 1967." Stanis is the author of the relationship book 'Situations 101.' While Walker may now be unrecognizable without his denim hat and afro, Stanis still looks and sounds just like Thelma.

The two talked about actually coming from the projects before playing kids in the projects on TV. They also reminisced about their former co-star Janet Jackson, who played their neighbor Wallona's adopted daughter Penny. Stanis still keeps in touch with Jackson.

When Sherri Shepherd asked Walker for his signature 'Dy-no-mite!' line, he refused, saying he had retired it into the Smithsonian, but Stanis was more than happy to pick up the slack, giving the audience her own version of the catch-phrase.

Eric

Bern nadettr is very pretty. She looks better than most women half her age.

January 29 2014 at 3:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
badoldtom

I didn't even recognize JJ in that photo.

October 02 2011 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peachy Peach

For Ms. Gilbert on the view you've got to get a thick layer of skin. I put God first in my marriage then myself next. We get hurt fast, but toughen up and keep going forward. Most men are backwards anyway when it comes to dealing with women. ***** or Housewife men care about themselves. I know I had a father , I've got a brother and husband .Don't get all upset over them, I learned to be hard but then again I'm 46yrs. God first then u next children then your man.

October 02 2011 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peachy Peach

I agree when John Amos left it became a downer, Jimmy and Bernadette still look good. Where's baby brother micheal?

October 02 2011 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ray

after John Amos left the show it sucked John amos gave the show a dose of reality. theres nothing fun or funny about being foced to live in the projects.

October 01 2011 at 7:36 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
willienwaylonnme

I watched this show when I was a young kid. I had SUCH A CRUSH on "Thelma" (Mrs. Stanis) back then. She was so hot. Still looks great all these years later. And, of course, Mr. Walker was (and still is) hilarious (sic?). I didn't like it when John Amos left the show though. He was great, when he'd go at it with JJ (seeing this large, strong guy nose to nose with featherweight JJ). This was a great show during its run.

October 01 2011 at 11:00 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply