September 2, 2014

Jacqueline Laurita Quits 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Sep 30th 2011 6:15AM
Jacqueline LauritaThe revolving door at 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' is back in business: Cast member Jacqueline Laurita has reportedly confirmed earlier rumors by quitting the show.

A source told 'People' that "Jacqueline [Laurita] definitely quit. She had to walk away for her sanity."

Laurita Tweeted that "I'd like to only focus on positive things now please. I threw the trash out. I'm cleaning now and reorganizing. Starting fresh and new."

There's been no word yet on what sparked Laurita's exit, but over the summer producers were looking to recruit some fresh faces. A casting call for new 'Housewives' went out last month, asking for "fabulous women" with "glamorous lives in Northern New Jersey."

Laurita was noticeably absent from the Season 3 reunion show, which taped Tuesday night. With her gone, Caroline Manzo and Teresa "Table Flipper" Giudice are now the only remaining original 'Housewives.'

Will you miss Jacqueline Laurita? Or are you glad to see her go?

'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 3 airs Sundays, 10PM ET on Bravo.

Watch Tempers Flare on 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'

debrarry

Love watching the show, hate that friends become enemies. I don't think Caroline is two-faced by any means or that "menopause" is a problem for her. It's obvious from the reunion show, that Theresa WILL NOT readily admit that she is wrong about much of anything. She always has a come back for everything and it is also obvious that she is jealous of Melissa. Why? I don't know. Theresa is a lovely lady and has a lot going for her. I'm sure Dina and Caroline will work things out.

October 24 2011 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eiissasky

Theresa was set UP,Not only by her so called family, enjoying watching her catch hell,
By Caroline Manzo,
Who Doesn't know the meaning of a friend, Think about it, she has no Friends, Only Family? Sad Woman!
Thinks she's the know all, Or wants to be. Carol you're in Menopause DEAL with it! Stop taking it out on younger prettier woman," MIGRANE" The day all the girls went out on the boat? Blaming Theresa for your MIGRANE? Please! Uh huh At Least You're husband went out with them He seemed to enjoy himself. Stop being the bully Just because your going through change of life! Get Out Or Get along! Shame on you Caroline!

October 24 2011 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eiissasky

Ditto Toot! CAROLINE IS A TWO FACE FREAK. THEY SHOULD GET HER OFF THE SHOW

October 24 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
parmato

On a positive note Joe Gorga is a funny guy I like him

October 24 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
parmato

HOLD ON EVRYONE!!!!!!!! First lets remember that the show is somewhat staged!!! The producers only show you what will make great TV, with that being said .....this is a soap opera nothing more........ except they are not Holloywood actors and actresses!!!. Some might think they are but that adds to the craziness of the show. I watch it to get a good laugh but I pitty the people on the show who give the italian culture a bad name. I remember one scene between jac and teresa when they were in someones bathroom talking, drinking wine and eating cheese... Oh yeah, I go to a fiends house and talk in the bathroom and drink and eat, give me a break............... please.............. and teresa thinks she is a classy lady, then learn how to speak english and learn some grammar!!!!!!!. She is a disgrace to women as well as italian women. get a life teresa

October 24 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Patricia Masys

I would like to be on the show. I could teach some class to the housewives.

October 24 2011 at 12:05 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
root the toot

CAROLINE IS A TWO FACE FREAK. THEY SHOULD GET HER OFF THE SHOW.

October 24 2011 at 10:02 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
root the toot

WHY DON'T CAROLINE GO. SHE IS THE REAL TROUBLEMAKER

October 24 2011 at 10:01 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
rachelbobby

Its so clear how very jealous people are of Theresa, especially that Lauren Manzo, and her brothers' friend, in Punta Conta they were brutal to Theresa for no reason other than jealousy, sorry Lauren, but I dont think we will be seeing you in a bikini any time soon, but Theresa looks fab.

October 21 2011 at 11:56 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
rachelbobby

It makes me sick to my stomach that Kathy, Melissa and Caroline stabbed Theresa in the back, what happened to loyalty, and what happened to Caroline, she always said that Theresa and Joe were family no matter what, you are a fake Caroline.

October 21 2011 at 11:50 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply