November 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Sara Gilbert and Kris Jenner Tear Up in 'Talk' About Marriage (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Sep 30th 2011 1:50PM
'The Talk' (weekdays, syndicated on CBS) got emotional during a conversation about the virtues of marriage. Guest host Kris Jenner set the tone for the discussion when she brought up her late ex-husband Robert Kardashian, and said she felt blessed to have been able to find her second husband, Bruce Jenner.

"I was married to Robert for 13 years and I've been married to Bruce for 20, so I feel like the most blessed woman in the world," Jenner said. "I just feel so lucky," she continued, tearing up.

Then Sara Gilbert, who has been getting over a break-up with her long-time partner, shared her feelings. "I feel like I don't know if marriage is all its cracked up to, and I've never been married, but I was in a long relationship ... and it's emotional for me because we're not together, but I wouldn't trade that time. But then you see people in their 70s and you go, 'how do they make it last?' and I would like to be able to do that again," she said, fighting through tears.

The ladies reassured her that the memory and experience of her relationship was still valuable, even if it didn't last forever.

squeeks910

Kris Jenner has done nothing but brow beat "Bruce". She tells him when to talk and walk. She literally is a very abusive woman. I can only imagine what happens behind the camera, The only time she stopped talking to him like he was a piece of trash was when he bought her a very expensive ring like her daughters have. Kris has controlled and is controlling her family and sadly always will.

October 01 2011 at 7:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trollinabucket

who gives a sh***???...she didn't do a very good job of raising her daughters.....They needed a litle more of the "spare the rod-spoil the child"..treatment and a serious lesson in what a "lady" is supposed to be and "how to carry yourself so you don't look like a slut tramp to everyone"

October 01 2011 at 3:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Seattle jumper

Maybe getting the "mom of the year " award will make her feel better. And boohoo sara , get over it.

October 01 2011 at 2:42 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Lawrence G

I like tony bennett " who can i turn to " nice song

October 01 2011 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dbims

Sara, I have been married for 33 yrs. I was 22 and my husband was 18 when we married. The secret to keeping a marriage together is first of all you have the contract, secondly, you are dedicated / determined to make it work and divorce is never an option. You talk your feelings out and let your mate know in a kind and considerate way if he has hurt you, you work through everything, you respect your partner, you do to him like you want to be treated, if you say or do something to hurt him or make him upset you apologize and try hard not to do it again but more than likely it will be done again so you continue to work harder not to do it again.

Never go to bed angry. Resolved a problem right away. Make sure that your make is always happy. Get to know him deeply and love him intensely!

You don't expect perfection because it is impossible. When you want to call it quits because you hate some of his ways you look to the future of how you think or want him to be when he matures. You work to mold him into becomming a better person by reasoning with him. All the while making yourself a better person as well.

The harder you work through the problems that come along rather than walking away from them the stronger that relationship becomes. Always going from one relationship to another will never mature you and you will never be able to experience true contentment that you get only from an enduring relationship.

October 01 2011 at 12:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
barbara tarvin

Kim was thrown for a loop, for her psorisis, was ashamed to be human, and have physical flaws, but is not ashamed to bare her body for all to see. Poor Kris. She isnt going to stay with him, since no one will tell Kim what she can spend and what she cant. She doesnt know what a give and take marriage is. With the Kardashians the only thing important is those all important dollar signs. I am almost 80 years old. I am sickened by the Kardashians, and Kate plus eight. Using your kids to make money is sick.

September 30 2011 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
barbara tarvin

Kris Jenner is a pathetic excuse for a human being and a mother. It is all about Kris, and how she can make money off of her children. They are business deals to make Kris money.

September 30 2011 at 11:22 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
thankgodikauai

Kim's marriage will last less than 2 years
the WHOLE Family is VERY UNSTABLE and FULL of DRAMA and INSECURITY

September 30 2011 at 10:38 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
fjbmanagement

If somebody gave Kris (*****, I pimp my family for anything) one million dollars to dump Bruce she'd do it in a second... She's trailor trash in a designer dress just loike ehr ***** daughters

September 30 2011 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to fjbmanagement's comment
Lynz2727

Geez, you sound like a haaaaaaapppppppppy person :(

September 30 2011 at 10:19 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Lynz2727

Sorry, fjbmanagement- just to ask- Why so unhappy- perhaps that is the question- What is it about a caring, loving women who reaches out again for happiness? and she finds it- BECAUSE- she IS a caring, loving person who attracts the same to herself. It is very sad to read comments soooo negative, because perhaps your describing yourself. Lynz2727

September 30 2011 at 10:31 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Lynz2727

35 Years- yep- Through Thick & Thin- We are still together & very much married. However, please know, we have used the D word, wondered if we could make it, UP's & DOWN's, thought perhaps for the children's sake, we should separate- October, is our 35 year of struggling, falling down, getting back up, again & again. I am sincerely sharing what is our reality in being together this long. I can honestly state- there is GREAT contentment & yes, happiness. I doubt if we will ever NOT disagree, but two wonderful adult children of which we are extremely proud. We made a committment up on saying "I Do" in 1976- No matter what, we will never divorse ! (Except for Unfaithfulness, or Abuse) Those two can still be overcome, with recommentment & counceling- The most importent stronghold of keeping us together is our belief in God- We are catholic, BUT- that is for us, not everyone else- I love other denominations of faith, & tear up every time I know more about the Jewish Faith. It is sooooo beautiful-
Ok, enough, but in going to church & reaching out for the "sign of peace" at every mass, makes it difficult to keep angry- Please know, our kids hate the years of arguing- & seeing us under so many levels of stress throughout the years- I almost died in 94 of cancer- and have been sick again the last 5 years, not knowing what it is-
Being at deaths door trully makes you greatful for what you have & develop a persevering attitude to always get up from lifes challenges again & again- no matter how many times you get knocked down.
"The greatest glory is not in every falling, but rising every time we fall." Lynz2727

September 30 2011 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply