July 23, 2014

Eddie Cibrian is Officially Having the Worst Week Ever

by Crystal Bell, posted Oct 5th 2011 5:55PM
Call it bad luck, bad karma or pure coincidence, but Eddie Cibrian might just be having the worst week ever.

First his primetime comeback as Don Draper impersonator Nick Dalton in NBC's 'The Playboy Club,' gets canceled. Then, on the same day as the canellation news broke, he was injured on 'The Playboy Club' set when his heel got caught under a 200-pound steel door. That's one way to add insult to injury.

Cibrian was reportedly taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital to treat the deep gash on his foot. But unfortunately for Cibrian, that's not all that happened this week ... and it's only Wednesday.

We would say that maybe Cibrian just needs some rest and relaxation in the safety of his own home, but a drunk driver recently crashed into Cibrian and wife, LeAnn Rimes' California home, so it looks like that option is out.

Meanwhile, Cibrian's ex-wife Brandi Glanville made her anticipated debut on 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' last week, introducing herself in a most memorable way. "I was married to the number one d*****bag of all time ... Eddie Cibrian. He's an actor." Double ouch.

Looks like Cibrian just can't catch a break, but maybe there is a sliver of hope somewhere.

Even though NBC canceled 'The Playboy Club,' the studio is rumored to be looking for a new home for the period piece drama about Hugh Hefner's Chicago Playboy club in the 1960s.

Below, check out Eddie Cibrian defending 'The Playboy Club' -- pre-accident.

cjloghead

Our whole family of 17 loved this show. It took place when my husband and I were dating and when we got married. We have 4 daughters, 4 son-in-laws, 7 Grandchildren and My husband & I make 17. We looked forward to the show every Monday night. I told my husband it was probably cancelled because it didn't have more BLACKS in it than WHITES as it is with every show , now-a-days. We are all so sick of blacks want this , blacks want that, blacks want everything and they are not going to have it there way !!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many whites ******* up to letting the blacks get their way, most of the white people in america are sick and tired of it. Our generation didn't bring them here; their own families in AFRICA sold their own people to white people, apparently none of the new generation blacks know that..... they are not being taught everything they need to know about the black people. If it weren't for the white people, they wouldn't be where they are today.......Suck on that !!!
Bring back the PLAYBOY CLUB; it was a great show !!!!! A whole lot better than some of these stupid REALITY SHOWS !!!!!!

November 26 2011 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ranada Cooper

My friends and I get together every week to watch this show. We're also planning a playboy themed party!!!! This is why I rarely watch tv anymore. Eddie did make a good Dalton. People are just angry with him- still- for leaving his plastic bum wife for a real hardworking, talented woman who can stand on her own!!

October 11 2011 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
closer909

I wasn't sure about watching this show with Cibrian being cast as a "Don Draper" type in it. He's def a second-rate one. Absolutely no comparison to the excellent Jon Hamm in his period role. I thought the casting of the Bunnies seemed good, so hopefully they'll replace this guy with someone with better acting chops, and bring the show back. Maybe he"ll have some time now while he's deciding his next career move to also think about his choices in his personal life regarding his wives. He def traded down with the current one. Rimes is a has-been skank who is just frightful to look at.. Dude, you're a decent-looking guy, you can do better than that trash.

October 11 2011 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sekoh64

I read everyones comments about the Cancellation and one thought comes to mind. The Shows that seem successful are all geared to reflect the watchers view points, we the few that care to comment here, are out numbered . We are probably the few that actually watch movies on AMC and TMC. Let's face it we are mature.:-)

October 09 2011 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Timbax

Bad show from the jump I'm sick of let's go back to the 60s shows .Pan Am you are next!

October 09 2011 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wsg413

he should have stayed on CSI Miami that is where he shined......

October 09 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wsg413

he should have stayed on CSI Miami that is where he shined.

October 09 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
belvetini

I am so disappointed they canceled The Playboy Club. I loved it and hope it will get picked up on another network. Eddie is one handsome man and I want to see more men like him on TV! As for his skank ex-wife he made a good choice getting out of that marriage. She is D-List for sure along with the rest of the housewives!

October 09 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
galemarta

Cibrian's ex-wifw is a pig...classless...rude...I won't be watching the show until she's off......She ain't all that....

October 09 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to galemarta's comment
KELLY

His new wife isn't any better

October 09 2011 at 5:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
LostAngel

I dont know much about Eddie Cibrian; but, I did like the show The Playboy Club I am sorry to see it was cancelled. I
hope that some of these other STUPID shows get cancelled as well, like... 2 Broke Girls, Up All Night and all these IGNORANT reality Housewives shows PLEASE enough already we get it.

October 09 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply