October 26, 2014

Which New Shows Have You Already Given Up On? Our DVR Discards

by AOL TV Staff, posted Oct 5th 2011 12:00PM
There's a moment of hope in the air right before the weather starts getting cooler, leaves start changing, back-to-school pencils get sharpened and new TV shows premiere for fall. In that blissful time, pilots seem like seedlings of hope, bursting with the possibility of something great, something must-see, something worthy of six seasons and a movie.

And then the shows all premiere and we quickly lose interest in a good majority of them. It's the law of DVR averages -- you just can't record everything.

'Pan Am': hit or miss?
We've already seen the first pick-up (Fox's 'New Girl') and first cancellation (NBC's 'Playboy Club') of the new fall TV season, but which of the new shows have we already given up on?

One of those (ahem -- you know who you are, bunnies!) dropped off all our season pass lists, while the adorkable one at the other end of the spectrum won most of us over ... but not all. Check out our gallery to see which new shows the AOL TV staff has said goodbye to*, and share your own failed attempts at finding entertainment in the comments.

*Editor's note: We haven't all said goodbye to all of these shows. We got one pick per person, and the opinions of each person do not reflect the opinions of the entire staff. Except where 'Playboy Club' is concerned. That was just bad.

Which new shows have you said goodbye to? Sound off in the comments.

tam2128

Two and a half men 2.0 is total crap. They have dumbed down the show so much it is unwatchable. It used to be so clever and witty. Someone on another site put it best,it's just kelso in a beach house. It won't last long ,the 'dumb' viewers will get bored very quickly. Lorre kind of deserves what will happen when it crashes and burns,the sooner the better.

October 25 2011 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charles

i have given up on all of the good returning shows wating until after the wrold seris to premeir( yes im talking about bones) and the ones that have come back seem to need a reset to reality (yep house). As fpr the shows i ahve totly givenup on and i really ahte to say this but How i meet your mouther has gotten old , we are how many seasons in and still no mom, it started out as a good show with some funny one liners but now its become one liners and ways for barny to say legendary. when he meets the mom tell me plz i might start watching again, but until then im watchng tera nova.

October 20 2011 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matilda

Gave up on Playboy Club, Charlie's Angels, Pan Am for just a few. Television viewing has become a great disappointment. Need more shows like "Closer" and "Rizolli and Isles".

October 15 2011 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zac

I only watch Terra Nova because of the dinosaurs, but the rest is just way to confusing. They brought in all this unneeded story, and it's just to much. Two and a Half Men is hilarious, and I have no idea why people are hating it. I'm always excited to see a new episode. 2 Broke Girls started off funny, but I think I'm already getting sick of it. House is another one of my favorites, but I have a feeling this could definatly be the last season. I never watched Mike and Molly because I thought it was extremely boring. Hawaii Five-0 started out awesome, but I'm so bored of it now. I never finished watching the first episode of Prime Suspect, so I dont know much about it. The X-Factor had so much hype, but I don't think it lived up to it. Last Man Standing with Tim Allen turned out to be pretty good. It almost reminded me of 8 Simple Rules with John Ritter. Unforgettable is a great show, and probably my favorite new one so far. Up All Night is pretty good, but I think it might get canceled. Whitney sucks so bad. Harry's Law was awesome last season, but they changed it around and just made it worse. Blue Bloods was one of my favorite shows, but I'm just not into it as much this season. I was very excited to see Person of Interest, but I think it sucks. Which is sad because I'm a huge fan of Michael Emerson. Pan Am is aweful, and needs to go soon. If you don't agree with what I said, lemme know.

October 15 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gailgrprns3

My friends and I stopped watching 'DANCING WITH THE STARS'. That show got too ridiculous, and being FIXED makes it not worth watching.

October 15 2011 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gailgrprns3

PS.....SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE PREHISTORIC BETTY WHITE OFF TV....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

October 15 2011 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gailgrprns3

The Chew.....What another cooking show.? And to watch that Grotesque Fat Mario fella stuff his face. WHO THE CRAP WNATS TO SEE THAT.?.....The whole concept is useless.

October 15 2011 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
armandsmith

I am 55 yrs old. I like Mad Men, reminds me of my parents in the 60s... good program and writing. As for comedy, the Middle is funny,, maybe hokie but more like middle american.

October 15 2011 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
armandsmith

We like Mike and Molly, nice to see regular people. New Revenge is good. Mentalist is good. Two and half men. Which is the half men, Allens son or Ashton. The show was funny with Charlie,, now its really pretty dumb. We can watch it anymore. Its just stupid. Eat some crow and bring Charlie back.

A sleeper is Gifted Man on Friday nite. Very good.

October 15 2011 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GEEEE MONEY

Pan Am I've given up on.Daytime show-The Chew is rather bad,enougth cook show already!!!!!.

October 14 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply