April 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Shannon Gives Her Answer to Gene's Proposal on 'Family Jewels' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 5th 2011 3:00AM
'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' wedding proposalWell the media kind of spoiled the answer on 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Tue., 10PM ET on A&E), but for those who didn't keep up with the celebrity news, or just wanted to see it go down themselves, we finally got to see Shannon Tweed's response to Gene Simmons' marriage proposal.

We have to say it is possibly one of the greatest responses we have ever heard to this question. Tweed said through tears and thick emotion, "Who'd want to marry an a****** like you? You're so stupid."

Of course, she finally did say that she would marry him, rings were exchanged and the couple couldn't have looked happier. As we now know, they did in fact get married and the pictures have been leaked. It probably wasn't a Kardashian-level affair -- certainly it didn't get the same level of media fanfare and coverage -- but we'll still get to see it unfold in the coming weeks on the show.

Sandy Burns

I also don't know why he married her? She wasn't going anywhere. Gene has been too good ($) to her. He gave in to everybody else's threats and coercions (hers, his kids, psychiatrist,etc). He should of been smarter than that.

October 13 2011 at 5:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy Burns

Call me naive, but I also watched when Gene "supposely" passed the lie detector about not cheating. Hence, then one hears about all his flings? I guess I just wanted to believe him. How did he "get away" with having sex with so many women and never having any other children or getting any STD? I also wonder how/why Shannon wasn't concerned with catching something?

October 13 2011 at 5:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stitch841

I am so glad you ran this story. I saw the pictures of Shannon in a wedding dress and just kept wondering what was going on. Then I read something about the two of them getting married Saturday and was really lost. I am so glad that AOL let us know she said yes.

October 05 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
effabeeeye

I don't know about anybody else but I feel the things we are seeing on the show now are completly scripted. A pre-nup? Come on she's probably already intitled to half. Now there's a rumor of him having an affair a long time ago when they were together? What about the lie detector test that said he's always been faithful since he's been with her.

Don't get me wrong I love seeing them together and I'm happy that they are finally married but this seems like a ratings stunt to me.

October 05 2011 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jvmcfla@aim.com

I think that they truly love each other, they love their children, they are a family! I see a big heart underneath Gene's ego and I see that Shannon truly loves him and did from the begining! Ok so she had two children first and he must have had a ton of flings... but she chose to stay and he now chose to propose... I wish them nothing but love and happiness.... as a whole I see a really solid family and the kids love them a lot.. you can see the love and respect!

October 05 2011 at 3:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jmg62

Well it's about TIME! I've watched the show. I've never been a fan of KISS - but I think Gene and Shannon will - even having been together so long and having a coupla good kids together - will certainly have a good go of it. Congratulations - and wishes for many more happy years together. Gene has his quirks - but Shannon always seems to keep him grounded in reality. Anyone that rich who golfs as bad as he does and keeps trying has my vote for good natured man of the year. Shannon gave him class when all he had was money. Wish them well.

October 05 2011 at 3:17 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
cmcclarty

This is not news they already tied the knot the other day. Wake up HP!

October 05 2011 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO WHEN HE LOOSES HIS LOOKS?

October 05 2011 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Walt's comment
jmg62

Heehee! Walt - you're too much! I always wondered if it was his hair that just "did that" or if he used an awful lot of shellac! It's like a helmet - no worry's of any head shots from an assassin! Would be deflected right off a that "do" he has! Thank God the kids didn't inherit it!

October 05 2011 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
flagag

i have watched family jewels quite a few times and the thing that strikes me is the respect they show for each other and how they are so consistant with their kids........the kids are goofy sometimes but always respectful of others as well as their parents. and once i get past gene's ego...he is a pretty cool, and seemingly very intelligent man who loves his family very much and is very protective. congratualations to them

October 05 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
seekingbutch2

Gene your such a fool. You gave in to her threats of leaving,shes had it made for the last 28 years and still wants more. Sorry for you !!!

October 05 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply