April 24, 2014

NBC Cancels 'Free Agents'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 6th 2011 1:20PM
Free Agents NBC has canceled 'Free Agents.'

The workplace romantic comedy has been bleeding viewers since its debut. The Wed., Oct. 5 episode was watched by 3.3 million viewers and had a 1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This is NBC's second cancellation of the season. The network pulled the plug on 'The Playboy Club' after three episodes. 'Free Agents' only fared one episode more.

'Free Agents' starred Hank Azaria, Kathryn Hahn and Anthony Stewart Head and was adapted from a British series by 'Party Down' writer Jon Enbom.

It hasn't been a very good week for Azaria. The actor is currently involved in tense contract talks with Fox over the fate of 'The Simpsons.'

NBC recently announced other new comedies 'Whitney' and 'Up All Night' received full season orders. Not including 'Free Agents' was the beginning of the end of the short-lived series.

'Whitney' reruns will air in the Wednesdays at 8:30PM timeslot previously held by 'Free Agents.'

Tell us: Will you miss 'Free Agents'?

melissa

I'M going to miss free agents, i really liked the show!!

January 12 2012 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
What did you say

I really like this show, was wondering when it was going to be back on & saw that it was cancelled. What's up w/ that?

December 26 2011 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha Myers

Wow this sucks. I liked this show. :-(

November 25 2011 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Miranda

Oh, man! That explains where it went, I guess. I was REALLY enjoying that show, too.

November 23 2011 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alecia

I"m very UPSET! I kept check to see when the next one aired...cancelled ?!?
BRING BACK FREE AGENTS!

November 17 2011 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie Savino

BIG MISTAKE !!! This is why cable will always have the advantage over the nets. If this show gets cancilled you guys are NUTS!! The chemistry between HOT & SEXY Kathryn Hahn and fresh and talented Hank Azaria is great ! This show like 2 broke girls has legs just let the show run for the season and i promise you that this sleeper show will be as sucessful as other low rating shows such as a little show that no one liked in the begining called oh yeah! CHEERS! Do the right thing DO NOT CANCIL THIS SHOW!

November 10 2011 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon Stewart

soooo pissed. I really liked Free Agents. Smart and even the acting was cohesive! These new shows that did not get canceled SUCK! no chemistry between actors....very forced. Back to cable shows.....

November 07 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wwald30495

I think it was a mistake to cancel ":Free Agents". You should put Kathryn Hahn in somewhere. She is great. You should, if possibe give the new shows a few more weeks to figure out which ones you are going to cancel becasue I think viewers check out all the new shows before deciding which ones are their favorites and before they can choose, the networks are cancelling You should give Free Agents another try. It was to be one of my weekly entertainments!!!!!!

November 06 2011 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amanda

totally bummed! i never remembered to watch it because i didn't like up all night!

November 05 2011 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply