July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Ricki Lake Talks About Leading 'DWTS' and Her New Talk Show (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Oct 6th 2011 4:30PM
As Ricki Lake sat down to chat with 'Good Day LA' (weekdays, 9AM PT on Fox) she pulled up her leg and showed off her 'Dancing With the Stars' war-wounds as if it was a scene from 'Jaws.' "The thing is, I am not a dancer," she said, even though one of her very first roles was in 'Hairspray' and she currently finds herself in first place in the competition.

Nonetheless, Lake is still surprised to be leading the pack. "I was hoping to stay into the competition and get in as good a shape as possible. I wanted to be in the middle of the pack."

"You're going to get a big talk show!" Steve Edwards exclaimed. Ricki confirmed that it would air in September of 2012. "It's more like old 'Oprah'... before Oprah was telling everybody what book to read and how to live their best life," she said. "She was still one of us and she was in the audience and it was more a girlfriend kind of thing," Lake continued. And when Oprah hears that, Lake will never work in this town again.

shrinkblog

If you are watching DWTS tonight, rate the performances on Judge It Live and compare your ratings to everyone else's.

October 10 2011 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ferrari Bubba

For her twins sake, I had hoped it would have been Nancy Grace. -- Yer pal, Ferrari Bubba

October 07 2011 at 1:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Patty

I thought they were talking about either Chaz Bono or Nancy Grace. Not Ricki. she's looking good. I wish her the best of luck!

October 07 2011 at 12:46 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Valerie

Ricki Lake you are BEAUTIFUL and you need to stop putting yourself down..You can dance and you are..I will always be pulling for you..love ya girl

October 07 2011 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
heavymetalkc

Ha, I also thought they were talking about Nancy Grace, lol. I love Ricki Lake and have been a fan of hers since her movie acting days. I think she looks better than ever in her 40s. I also think she looks way more natural than Demi Moore, who has had tons of plastic surgery and show face is starting to look a bit unnaturally tight as if her skin has been pulled back and will crack any second, lol. I'm looking forward to Ricki's new show, because I LOVED her previous talk show. She is just a real sweetie and a great dancer.

October 07 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
yomojr

First of all for the most part the show has unknowns, then to top it off they vote off good dancers because they dont have a fan base. Ricki you look and are doing great, but after last week voting off one of the better dancers of all, the show became a huge disappointment.

October 07 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Hi Barbara Lyn

RE: Still photo above...Ricki looks like Demi Moore. (neck up)..dont you think?

October 07 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
arthurmetz

...and when I read the headline I thought they were talking about nancy Grace - she is the one that needs to loose weoght!

October 07 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply